It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP IMPACT: Evacs and drills pared near nuke plants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Opportunia

I have a feeling that those Deep Underground Bunkers that I have read about are going to be used by someone with a lot of money .If Fukushima doesn't kill us then the nuclear exchange during the Israel and Iran war will .The Globalist Agenda 21 does not include life for most of us .

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I know !
I want a bunker !! I would make one if I wasn't disabled. Oh well to bad for me

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

I dont see anything wrong with youre post. I have not seen any of them..I am responding to youre thread on why no-one has responded..

As far as our Nuclear Power Plants..I work with a very intelligent man in nursing whom was layed off by a Foreign Person running a local Nuclear Power Plant in NC..

What kind of background checks are being done at the most important area of our country to allow a Foreign person to be running the place?? In my opinion I think we need to focus all the security that we have in this area.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

You can hunker down where you are at to some degree . Radiation degrades to some degree with distance . You can read on the internet how to afford yourself some degree of protection . The thing that I put first is to set aside a nonperishable food supply and water for the probable if not eminent food supply interruptions .
Possible causes for a major Fukushima incidence in America could be a lack of cooling water caused by a reservoir breach . There are Nuke plants on reservoirs . The cooling on both the reactor vessel and rod pools have to be cooled constantly for a long time . I never knew that Nuke plants were so susceptible to terrorism and natural disaster . There is one such nuclear reactor that is safe . It is the pebble reactor . It uses graphite as a moderator and needs no water for cooling purposes . The others should be phased out .

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
What Is going on ??
[...]

Fewer people being evacuated early on !

No more practicing for the possible release of notable amounts of radiation.

Local communities can practice all they want but the Fed.does not deem it necessary
for them to rehearse the drills more often than ever 8 years.

Every 8 years is enough practice ! What ?

The evac point for my father's location was moved a couple of years ago to a school that sits directly on a rail line.

What kind of practice do you need to go to the evac point and be herded into cattle cars?

everyone in the area gets a calendar every year that has the pertinent information in it. If you don't read the (tiny amount of) mail from the local nuke plant, shame on you.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

Thanks for the response.
That does not sound very sane to have a foreigner being involved in any position at a U.S. Nuclear
Power Plant.
What the @#4!

I am so glad that I live 150 miles from The Enrico Fermi Nuclear Generating Station.
There are plans to build a Fermi 3. I don't know when, if ever they, start construction
because they are getting plenty of flak from dozens of directions like the impact on
economics; wetlands decimation; water intakes at risk; health impacts;First Nation treaty rights;
fisheries in jeopardy; thermal pollution of Lake Erie; dangerous fuel enrichment and more.

The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission's annual meeting to review performance at
Entergy Nuclear's Indian Point nuclear power plant was yesterday.

I haven't looked to see how things went. A massive protest was scheduled with groups like
"Shut Down Indian Point Now!" and the" Indian Point Safe Energy Coalition."
I'll be checking up on that later.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seamus

Originally posted by azureskys
What Is going on ??
[...]

Fewer people being evacuated early on !

No more practicing for the possible release of notable amounts of radiation.

Local communities can practice all they want but the Fed.does not deem it necessary
for them to rehearse the drills more often than ever 8 years.

Every 8 years is enough practice ! What ?

The evac point for my father's location was moved a couple of years ago to a school that sits directly on a rail line.

What kind of practice do you need to go to the evac point and be herded into cattle cars?

everyone in the area gets a calendar every year that has the pertinent information in it. If you don't read the (tiny amount of) mail from the local nuke plant, shame on you.

Really ? That must be a lightly populated area.
Because:

According to data provided by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA),
approximately 49 mi l l ion Americans receive their drinking water from sources
within 50 miles of a nuclear power plant—the “ingestion pathway emergency planning zone” used.

environmentamericacenter.org...

Try to evacuate these Populations like that.
Do they have a train system capable and BIG enough with cattle-cars to fit: 11,324,636 people,
or maybe only 8,359,730, how about the small # of 422,300 people ???

I intended this for water contamination only but it gives a idea of the undertaking of an evacuation too.

environmentamericacenter.org...

Table 1: Top 10 Nuclear Plants by Population Receiving Drinking Water from Intakes
within 50 Miles
Rank Plant State Total Population
1 Indian Point New York 11,324,636
2 Seabrook New Hampshire 3,921,516
3 Limerick Pennsylvania 3,901,396
4 Vermont Yankee Vermont 3,114,882
5 Salem / Hope Creek New Jersey 2,900,971
6 San Onofre California 2,295,738
7 Perry Ohio 2,132,775
8 Beaver Valley Pennsylvania 1,878,905
9 Shearon Harris North Carolina 1,686,425
10 McGuire North Carolina 1,646,516

Table 2: Top 10 Nuclear Plants by Population Receiving Drinking Water from Intakes
within 12.4 Miles (20 km)

Rank Plant State Total Population
1 Indian Point New York 8,359,730
2 Limerick Pennsylvania 923,538
3 McGuire North Carolina 895,538
4 Surry Virginia 422,300
5 Oconee South Carolina 378,899
6 Three Mile Island Pennsylvania 262,149
7 Peach Bottom Pennsylvania 243,368
8 Shearon Harris North Carolina 206,414
9 Waterford Louisiana 103,818
10 Beaver Valley Pennsylvania 80,626

Table 3: Ten Largest Drinking Water Systems with Intakes within 50 Miles and 12.4
Miles (20 km) of Nuclear Plants
20 km 50 miles

20 km 50 miles
1 New York City System NY 8,000,000 New York City System NY 8,000,000
2 Aqua Pennsylvania Main System MWRA
(Philadelphia suburbs) PA 820,000 (Boston and Southeastern MA) MA 2,360,000
3 Charlotte-Mecklenburg Utility NC 774,331 Philadelphia Water Department PA 1,600,000
4 City of Newport News VA 406,000 Cleveland Public Water System OH 1,500,000
5 Greenville Water System SC 345,817 City of San Diego CA 1,266,731
6 United Water of New York
(Rockland County) NY 270,000 City of Detroit MI 899,387
Aqua Pennsylvania Main System
7 Town of Cary NC 149,000 (Philadelphia Suburbs) PA 820,000
8 Chester Water Authority PA 124,649 Charlotte-Mecklenburg Utility NC 774,331
9 Harford County D.P.W. MD 104,567 United Water NJ (Bergen County) NJ 773,163
10 United Water of Pennsylvania
(Dauphin County) PA 97,645 City of Fort Worth TX 727,575

new topics

top topics