It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWIII U.S.vs. China

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I hope you all realize that china is buying our debt

And we have Chuck Norris!
edit on 09/19/2005 by swampcricket because: Chuck Norris said so

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I hope YOU realize fiat debt can be dismissed as we should choose once we show the gold ace.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by congoGORILLA
I personally would put the probability of WWIII happening at pretty low. I mean, if it does, it's the end of civilization as we know it.

It will be the end of many people's lives but many nations would be untouched and even if that would not be the case civilization exists in people's minds and is *not* infrastructure; if civilized people survive civilization continues to exist.

On the other hand, I think it's quite likely that we have continual skirmishes for many many many years such as Iraq, Afghanistan, and Kosovo. These battles will vary in size and may sometimes have multiple participants, but the thread of ending it all looms too ominously.

Thing is world wars happen when a group of nations decide that another nation is attempting to dominate a certain region of the world or certain vital resources and then act against such a nation. If such were to happen today i think alliances will again be formed against such a nation but given the current culprit the threshold for a actual shooting war would necessarily be tremendously high.

That being said it isn't as if Europe did not almost give Hitler sufficient rope to tie up everyone instead of hanging himself...

Stellar

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMSN
reply to post by swampcricket

Not really...China has too much to lose economy wise and US not in a position right now. I can see the two teaming up to battle the coming mid east war...

Couldn't agree more. Both countries need each other, as of right now..

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I think the US is winning because agremeents are only there if you plan to continue to do bussiness with eachother in the future. But in the case of the US they can easily say 'up yours' and break off all trades and go back into isolationism like pre WW2.

Sure sooner or later resources will become scarce and they'll have to take it by force from other countries but maybe if the government understands the concept of "Either you or me" on a nation level they can have a robot army ready by then, all remotely controlled.

China however cannot start a war afterall they bought interest in the US, they would be destroying their own investment.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

i agree, i'm not a fan of the chinese aministration, was on free tibet marches at eight years old, but i don't think china wants a large scale war, they want to 'do business'. They'll do it like britain and the US, by lending money then buying out infrastructure and gaining political influence. I don't think that any European or Americans who supports the actions of their empires can really have a problem with it either. If you act like a bully, eventually you're gonna get bullied...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
A war would be moronic and destructive for both sides on extraordinary levels. China needs us and we need them...going to war on a military level would not benefit anyone.

Also, a "World War" isn't simply declared. There needs to be various countries declaring war on each other.

Example: Israel declares war on Iran. Russia declares war on Israel. We (United States) declare war on Russia.

For the next few years, mayhem and warfare.

Get it?

That is exactly correct. Regional skirmishes have unforeseen consequences. Eventually, a regional skirmish can become a trip wire for global war. That is what happened in 1914

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
If (and when) we go to war with china we will win as long as the politics stay our. Technically we have been to war with china more than once, Vietnam, Korean war boxer rebellion etc..... But we will win unless like I said politics intervene.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Whether you know it or not, The U.S. has superiority in space weaponry.
We own the high ground and he who owns the high ground...

I am not worried about China or any other country at this point.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
Whether you know it or not, The U.S. has superiority in space weaponry.
We own the high ground and he who owns the high ground...

I am not worried about China or any other country at this point.

I'm not at all worried about our military superiority. I was in the military and know what we are capable of BUT like l said in my post POLITICS is what I am worried about and yes they come into play no questions asked!

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join