It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Larger Picture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Hello All,

Let's start with this: "Why is ET here?"

It's been the subject of a myriad of hypotheses answered by an even larger myriad of cynical attitudes and responses. I have been absent for a time now in an attempt to piece together a kind of "Theory of Everything" WRT the ET problem. Before I go any further I will restate my position which has not changed during this hiatus. I still do not believe in the existence of ET on this Planet. I believe it to be highly improbable; but that's just my belief. Doesn't mean it's true. Elsewhere? As everyone knows, there is no proof of that either- but of course it is possible. I am still here though, and still have all the respect due toward those who do believe, that has not changed either. My regard for the believers, as a Human Beings first and foremost, has kept me looking at this phenomenon in the hopes of arriving at a point where the UFO community has a consensus of opinion that most can agree on and live with. Most importantly though, my endeavor to help the community unify and gain strength in order to take action collectively where action is needed is the true goal, and has been for well over a year now. And that fact also has not changed.

I have been looking pretty hard at the idea of rescue as the reason that ET is here. That's kind of where I left off. Which IMHO was certainly a valid enough conclusion to look into. And so, with that idea in mind, off I went to find any evidence of past intervention(s) or rescue(s) by looking for the criteria in which such an occurrence might be warranted. I looked long and hard at ice cores, ocean sediments, terrestrial cores, isotopes and proxy signatures of all sorts. Discoveries? There were many. But no evidence of a situation so dire or threatening WRT our extinction that anyone would consider it a need for some kind of outside rescue. I could have missed something but I don't think so even in hindsight.

So, now what? Obviously a different approach was needed if things were going to stay within the realm of science and be somewhat plausible. It had to be plausible enough to carry a discussion within the various UFO communities. AND! It had to make sense to just about everyone in order to even have that discussion. PLUS! It had to be sound enough to satisfy all the questions that have been around since day one, as well as encompass everyone's ET ideas of why ET is here, and where they came from. Most important though, it had to be a decent enough concept to unite the community across the board into a common goal. That being to continue the research as one body, and become strong enough to stop at nothing to get to the bottom of things once and for all.

But what hypothesis could that be? What could possibly be so innovative? There is a strong scenario that I'm here to present as being possible and takes the rescue idea one step further. The hypothesis is that ET themselves could be on the run from some kind of a serious threat. Motherships(Arks) and all. What could possibly be such a motivating factor? Well, a year and a half ago giant gamma ray bubbles emanating from our Milky Way Galaxy's core were discovered. I was not aware of them myself until late December 2011. The discovery is nothing short of amazing really; but if one tosses the Fermi Gamma Ray Bubbles into the ET mix then new ideas get generated. The particular idea here is that ET has been in exodus from the direction of the galactic center. This threat scenario would result in their home planetary systems closer to the Milky Way's core being sterilized or destroyed and left devoid of life one by one because of gamma ray bombardment from these expanding bubbles. So they would begin to journey toward the outer reaches of the Galaxy in the effort to find areas of safe haven. This could have been happening in all directions from the Galaxy's inner regions, with waves of ETs moving through here (and elsewhere) in a massive transition away from the galactic devastation nearer the center. This could be how, through chance, that they happened to find us. Or because we were on a list of habitable planets that they knew about already. We're doing the same thing with Kepler. Kepler 22b being one of our most recent finds.

Now the ET's crafts, should they exist, would be relatively fast, but I doubt they could move at the speed of light. Gamma rays on the other hand very nearly do travel at the speed of light. So ET would have needed an early start. This also could be why so many different species of ET are currently around as some believe them to be; ALL of the inner civilizations on our side of the Galaxy capable of interstellar travel would be expanding outward. Some perhaps coming this way and could have been doing so for thousands of years. This concept is still only plausible at best, but with correct data added in, it could even be probable- especially for the believer. The Fermi Bubbles are real as is the physics involved concerning them.

www.nasa.gov...

This can succeed in bringing up new dialogue such as whether our Earth is just a waystation; ET stops here and then moves on. Earth being only one planet among many on all sides of the Galaxy. Is this why there appear to be many species and an extremely wide variety of vessels both large and small? Is the idea of an enormous ET migration away from the center from possible cosmic superwave activity even thinkable? Is this scenario good enough to unite the community? There's going to be a lot of questions probably, but before one decides to ask one, try first to see if the question doesn't in fact answer itself when one plugs it into this new hypothesis. If this idea helps in reducing the chaos surrounding the ET subject then the chances would improve the possibility of making headway after over 60+years of dealing with the issue. Perhaps even help in gaining a community-wide initiative to place eonugh pressure for disclosure where pressure is needed to get the truth from TPTB- or from anyone else for that matter.

I apologize for the length of this post. But the only way to do this correctly was to have it all flow as one thought. Thank you all and I hope this finds everyone well.

Regards, hiflier.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Oh great wall of text...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Uh....yeah. Here's the Cliff Notes version. I think.

Originally posted by hiflier
Hello All,

He isn't.

A wall of text for a short 2 word answer.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Damn no way i was gonna read all that. TL
R

Aliens are here to assist in transition from 3rd to 4th density depending upon spiritual orientation??

Sightings raise awareness, relay telepathic messages. Abductions involve pre-birth agreements.

'good' and 'bad' aliens.

Runs deep me thinks

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hiflier

There is an old story in my family that relates to the precognition that seems to run in my bloodline. Science does not support any of this, of course, and my firmly rooted relatives simply ignore the profundity of these experiences. I was told only after someone piped up after I related mine. I cannot tell you what it is like to consistently predict things, even someone's death - but I can tell you it has benefitted my patients as intuition plays a huge part in outcomes as a health care provider. Do I speak plainly of it? No. Is it always perceived in a straight on manner? No, it is a subtle and faint perception. It is, however, very palpable and highly unexplainable. We have the beginnings of understanding the pineal gland and piezoelectric effects from magnetite (that of which helps align migratory birds or sea creatures). One thing I cannot put myself around, after being somewhat of a student in matters of human psychology, is how each generation of scientists have gone through the process of our changing understanding of science, yet fails to see the folly in themselves. How is it a physician of yesteryear can be refuted by one of today, for his beliefs in, oh say the uterus moving around the head of a women to cause hysteria, yet is dead set in his assessment and understanding of science? How is it that so many of us think the understandings we have right now, won't be almost a 100% changed in some manner after a certain amount of time? How long does it actually take before the understanding of a whole society is shaved down and entirely replaced? Not that long, really. What you know, will be completely irrelevant eventually. I like visionaries. Are there any out there?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
@op

The question that should be asked is "when did the aliens arrive"

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by arielburns

In any case I find it unlikely that ET's are evolved in only perceiving the 3rd dimension if they are at all a physical reality. At one point life had a limited perception to floating around (limited dimensional understanding). The eye has become an important symbol in recent and past cultures, because vision has been an important perception that has advanced our consciousness. Looking at myth, what are gnomes, fairies, werewolves and the others? Nikola Tesla had formulated a conscious vision of 'flying machines' right around the time they were starting to come into the awareness of the general populous. In fact he had been rumored to have been able to float using his inventions that oddly look like UFOs. And after he died the government seized his research and a decade later or so (don't quote me) we had Roswell. Thinking of the way quantum science has put an emphasis on the power of the observer, is it at all possible that our consciousness is linked in our manifest and we feed off of each other, and combined with an outside operating system we are evolving to learn the art of communal manifest? Saying that ET's are merely a combined manifest of the future - to where we wish to go. What are reptilians? The monarchy of Britain (as stated by some popular websites), possibly illuminating the fear based control humans have manipulated by way of the primitive midbrain and those aspects we share from a reptilian ancestor? Aliens- mythology- past and present manifests?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMSAM
@op

The question that should be asked is "when did the aliens arrive"

I think we'd all starve to death before we were able to read and decipher the OP's answer to that one.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hiflier

Well, who knows is probably my favourite answer to most questions in ufology. Are there really 'Folk from Elsewhere' visiting? If so, are they coming from other stars in this universe or from somewhere else altogether? If so, why so quiet? And why so determined to remain hidden from certainty? Is there any reason to have trust in something deceptive?

Who knows?

if we were to poll visitors to the Galapagos Islands , we'd see a diverse number of reasons for folk being there. Most would be wealthy, some would be students and others military. We'd see scientists and traders. If we checked with their Customs authorities, we'd find evidence of illegal businesses. Poaching and illegal hunting would motivate some visitors.

Despite there being a small US military base, the islands were exploited and lawless in the face of illegal trade until the 60s. In the past two decades, the natives preferred to screw their little island world rather than be custodians of it. Outside efforts have been applied to preserve the eco-system whilst allowing the natives their rights of self-determination.

Any of this could be analogous to Earth and speculative visitors from Elsewhere.

A rather worse scenario would run something like the CIA in Central America. A long, steady program of destabilisation whilst exploiting the resources for US-based concerns. Other 'civilisations' have been aware of these activities for decades, but why make an effort to be fair when such small, 'backwoods' nations are so far away and lacking in incentives?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
Uh....yeah. Here's the Cliff Notes version. I think.

Originally posted by hiflier
Hello All,

He isn't.

A wall of text for a short 2 word answer.

If not, then why are you?
edit on 12-5-2012 by FlawlessVictory because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Hello All,

I thank you for your replies. I do apologize for the length of the OP but it is difficult sometimes to present a concept and have it understood fully. That may still not be the case here but at least the general idea of the dynamic of an ET migration has been presented. I have never believed ET is here although existence somewhere is certainly a possibility. The focus of the post is WRT an ETH that gets past sightings and reports to a bigger picture of some kind. As a not-believer I thought it wasn't too bad of a start. Again, thank you for your input.

Regards hiflier.
edit on 12-5-2012 by hiflier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FlawlessVictory

I didn't say I agreed at all with what he said. I was just summarizing what he said.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hello webpirate,

As a summary I respectfully submit it's a bit short of the mark. While the FOCUS of the OP is on an ETH I"m presenting which involves an Alien migration should they even exist the real POINT of the OP is an effort to arrive at something to pull the UFO believing community together. So far nothing seems to be available to do that so I thought I'd give this idea as an attempt to try. If it goes nowhere so be it. It was at least a try at gaining a consensus for the sake of creating a powerbase from which to apply pressure for a resolution should one exist.

I think it would be great if all believers could unite for the sake of forcing an answer of some kind that would satisfy them.

Regards hiflier.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
On behalf of those of us with more than one brain cell let me congratulate you on your hypothesis. It's one I've never come across before and could explain a lot of the mystery of ufo/alien reports especially the diversity of form and why they don't seem to stick around to make full contact.

It could also explain why a lot of contactees were told the aliens were from Venus and Mars (other than they were making it up of course!). If aliens explained where they were really from, next they would have to explain why they were here, and they might want to avoid having to pick up 7 billion hitch-hikers who would all suddenly want to come along for the trip after learning they were about to get a gamma radiation bubble in the face!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MarrsAttax

Hello MarrsAttax,

You have no idea how much I appreciate and hold in high regard you response. Not only does it show that you actually read the OP it shows that you grasp the idea totally not only in it's scope but in the true spirit of it's implications. For that I sincerely Thank You.

Regards and Peace, hiflier.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You're welcome

The reports of UFOs taking on water would also make sense in this light presuming they convert the water to hydrogen to use as fuel. Earth could literally be a giant 'gas station' (I've thought for a while that the fact our planet has so much readily available water could be a major reason for any possible visitations).

Your hypothesis also answers the question 'Why don't they land on the White House lawn?' as there would be simply be no benefit for them to do so.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hiflier

You start with the premise that "ET" is something new, the scriptures that have come to light recently would suggest your question would be worded more accurately "when has ET not been here".

The big picture is most likely hidden from us for various reasons, shame on the part of human like ETs, and greed by those who are not. But now they return.

Help? Volumes upon volumes could be written on the subject but I think the most important part of help is the outcome. If these benevolent ETs have a ounce of human spirit in them it is against their nature to not want to help us in our time of need. But on the other hand help is like the word love, used abused and wasted. How many times in the past have we been given ET help, only to spit in their faces? You might say none, but again the scriptures paint a different picture. We didn't call them ETs back then, we called them Gods, ask any ancient Greek or Roman about that.

I view help as giving a hand to someone who is in need and reach out to me from the depths of a ditch filled with excrement. If they do not reach out and sincerely want to exit the life they find themselves in, more likely than not, they will pull you down into that world filled with, you get the picture.

We ,as a society must make every attempt to save ourselves from that doom and gloom of our own world, regardless if that doom and gloom was brought to us via covert manipulations or of our own design. I would think that before you can expect any assistance from ETs would come, we would have to show them we are absolutely dead serious about correcting the problem ourselves. Besides, we might just be able to do it on our own. Wouldn't that be a fine feather in our hat

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hiflier

My speculation....is that the other-worlder's, that have visited our planet Earth, are traveling in starship's that are capable of super-luminal [faster than light] speeds, based on observation's by myself and other's who have witnessed Foofighter sighting's. Forget about wormhole space travel, because wormhole's are too fragile for any starship; in my opinion. Any starship...that is spaceworthy enough to visit our planet on a regular basis --- should be capable of super-luminal speeds, because of the vast distance's involved between other star system's; and that my friend's ---- should be almost a given fact.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Hello All Seeing Eye,

"Why is ET Here" in and of itself holds no quantifier WRT time. Many, many generations could have asked themselves that very same question so your suggestion that I've presented this as something new lies perhaps in your own perception of my intent. There are of course no issues with any of that- at least by me. In our own species there are those who help and those who don't and I would not expect any different from any other species. That is to say if such species exist and, if so, have somehow managed to find their way here. And Thank you for your insights. If an ET were here it may very well be that we would be better off showing that we cared a bit or even a lot more about each other. Come to think of it, we shouldn't need a possible ET for that at all now should we.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Hello Erno86,

I would have to admit seeing foo fighters traveling at greater speeds than 186,000 mile a second would be quit a sight. that would be the equivalent to going around Earth at it's Equator 71/2 times in one second. Pretty fast in anyone's estimation, eh?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join