It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange video truck appears out of nowhere

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Came across this video to share, its of a stretch of road I'm really not sure where.
But these accidents keep occuring at roughly the same spot.
The crashes themselves are crazy but at 0:58 seconds there's this truck crash where, a second truck appears out of nowhere and it appears to have a head on collision with oncoming traffic.
Strange!
Its not in english but the comments generally just ask about where the truck came from.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Man that was weird! I think the one truck rear ended the other on the rear quarter, spun it and the camera angle with the box bed made the other impossible to see until they both bounced off the wall. Cool find though.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Look a bit closer. It was weird until I saw what happened.

If you look on the right side of the wall, it seems there's an area for vehicles to enter right there.

However, I would like to know where this place is and why so many crashes happen.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Looks like there was a videomedit right before e second truck appears.

Not sure if that means it's been tampered with, but I noticed it.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

I don't see an entrance there. I think most tunnels have a high incidence of crashes though. People get nervous, look at the wall, and people drive where they look. You see it a lot on cop car cameras.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Never mind....
edit on 5/10/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Crazy video...I would like to see the original before I formed an opinion. It is strange looking in this video to say the least.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
That's the Lofortovo tunnel in Russia and its classed as one of the worlds most dangerous stretches of roads due to icy conditions or something similar.

It was on the news a few weeks back.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by srbouska

i think its pretty obvious
its the other side of the tunnel the other truck comes from
the other side (opposite traffic)
he loses control and swerves into the oncoming lane
no ghost truck here folks!!!

edit- yes it is one way
my mistake
but after looking at it more it seems the truck is alread swerving as it comes into view
so it seems the other truck was just obscured from view until the collission

edit on 10-5-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
@ 1:00 a similar size truck materializes about in the same approx space as the existing truck and displaces it.

seems thats whats happening with other cars suddedly swerving out of control as if something else took control??

haunted spot in the road - creepy!

s & f

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

Uh, it's one way traffic.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
On the two trucks crashing, it does look as if there is an entrance way on the side of the tunnel.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

In my area they use old horse and buggy tunnels, bridges and roads created for 2 lanes and make them 4 lanes! Most truckers can't even stay in the lanes! (The better ones can.) Talk about some scarey driving! There is even a well known truckers alert warning them to avoid this one road as a short cut. Yet they ignore it. Then the truckers spaz out when they realize what they got themselves into. A narrow and windy road with heavy 4 lane traffic and cars going 20 mph over the speed limit. And they can't keep in their lane. Geez!!!

Anyways, this video has been around for some time. The truck that came out of no where was actually in front of the truck you see. And was tail ended by the truck you first see. Just like you said in your first post.

edit on 10-5-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
What a study in complacency. People drive their cars like arm chairs. They forget their but is 3 feet off the ground doin' 60...

Pay attention !

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Did you notice the last vehicle that got hit? It literally looked like it $h!t it’s pants (rear end).

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Really interesting video. The second truck near the end of the video just seems to teleport in just before the crash.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Now that is some strange stuff!
These cars just start sliding.
How can a tunnel have ice in it as stated above.
The truck showing up out of nowhere is bizarre, but like stated above, it kind of does look like an entrance of some king right there on the right side of the wall...
Weird...

Edit:
en.wikipedia.org...

I stand corrected. Water leaks in from a river.
Then freezes.
edit on 10-5-2012 by Deathfromabove because: add link

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Problem I have with the 'entrance' theory is that the other truck is facing towards the camera after the collision, and is then spun towards the centre before it tips over.

If it was coming out of an entrance, it would have been hit so that it would be facing the same direction as the other traffic. it's not.

It almost seems as if it had been driving the wrong way up the tunnel, and had been dragged by the first truck back down along with traffic before hitting the wall and causing them both to flip over.

I can't see how it can happen the way it does, unless it was already facing the wrong direction.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Yeh, I saw this vid a long time ago. It's ice on the road that's making everyone spin out.

It looks to me like one truck had already spun out and was facing the opposite direction when the second truck entered the tunnel and couldn't swerve in time. Bloody ugly any way you look at it.

It's funny how calous some drivers are, puting on their indicator and just trying to drive around the carnage, not giving a f..k. Well if it's Russia then it's probably too bad comrade.

Peace Out

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The truck doesn't appear out of nowhere. It's there from the beginning, but on the right of, and in the shadow of, the other truck (making it dark and harder to see). It's also facing the camera, as opposed to facing away from the camera, indicating that it's already spun out BEFORE the two trucks even enter the frame... this is an accident that has already occurred, but worsens in this particular stretch of camera-monitored road.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join