It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marriage can come & go or is Marriage till death do you part? 1 thing for sure Divorce is FOREVER!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
whether opposite sex marriage, same sex marriage, intersex/trans marriage, whatever - divorce is forever. or at least until you RE-marry your divorced spouse (why???)

something we call all agree on, divorce is forever.

but what about marriage? are there ATSers who believe entering marriage is intrinsically till death do you part with not exit via divorce? or do we all agree realistically that there comes a time (adultery, betrayal, 'fell out of love) when some marriages just have to cal it QUITS??

heck, infidelity. its no longer even grounds for divorce anymore in most/all states.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I am in the ending process of a divorce,.
though I have a bit of empathy for my soon to be ex,.
it was the right move..
People get married for wrong reasons that seen right at the time..
life is just toooo short to live it in hell just cause the church says you should..
divorce is for ever? umm my lead guitarist remarried his first wife after six months,.
of course he divorced her again a year later,. but still.. not forever,.. as you claim
edit on 9-5-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I commend people who can see a marriage 'til the end (Death).

I feel like marriage is a psychological mind trap, cause you marry them for the reason of why you love them. As the time goes on you then start to see the intricacy in their flaws and as humans (in most cases) you can't help but focus on that more than the former reason of love. So either you stay married, resentful, and basically being "Emotionally Divorced" or get an official one.

It's inevitable.

This is just from my experience and also seeing most of my friends go through it.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I believe you should take your time to find the right person. Then, try as hard as possible to keep it together. Nobody promised it would be easy and it's not.
Young people get married today already with thoughts of, "If it doesn't work out, we'll just get divorced"
Seems like Everything is disposable now. I've been divorced [ for reasons that don't matter right now] and it's tough. Even if it's a amiable divorce [ rare ] you still feel alone and depressed because that person you've counted on is gone. Put some effort in your relationship, try to see the other persons point. Above all, Love them. A marriage is like a fire. The more you feed it, the hotter it gets. When it's 15 or 20 years down the road and you still look forward to seeing her/him when you get home from work, you'll know you got it right. I've been married to my 2nd wife for 16 years come June 26 and she still makes me feel the same as when we first met.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Maybe we should start out with a divorce then.
Just to cement the deal.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

these statics are lies women cheat a lot more then men do hands down. I would say its at 70%women and men about 40%. Women who admit? lol have you ever met a women who admitted to doing anything wrong ever? Even the worse women cheaters are puppy dogs who's boyfriends are just too jealous. Before I get killed for this comment women how many times they have covered for a friend when she wasn't actually with you? How many friends have you done this for? What was her excuse jealousy, needed some time away,too controlling lol any of this ringing a bell

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
What I'd like to know is why there is a year's ( usually ) "separation period" before divorce is final?
What should happen is an "enforced delay" of at least that long before people ( especially younger and often less mature ) can MARRY! The whole marriage process is bass-ackwards, and way too easy. There are a good many couples who would "fall out of love" while waiting in the meantime, thus eliminating tangled legal and financial obligations, and also possibly avoiding having an eventual "parentless child" from falling into the mix, too. All to often "being in heat" is mistaken for enduring "love".

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Anti-gay marriage people are on to something...

No marriage for anyone! Their brilliance is finally showing

edit on 5/10/2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
infidelity /cheating - alot of studies blame TESTOSTERONE levels and in woman, say to look at how big the CHIN is in women, as high testesterone is one main reason for big chins:

www.foxnews.com...

"Study: Women With Prominent Chins More Likely to Cheat"

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
divorce is for ever? umm my lead guitarist remarried his first wife after six months,.
of course he divorced her again a year later,. but still.. not forever,.. as you claim
edit on 9-5-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

yah i put that caveatemptor in the OP - that unless you REmarry of course. then again to marry, divorce, remarry - doesnt that negate most everything and anything as far as 'comittment'??

and again.. whyyyy?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Marriage is a joke, it's just legal bs. I'm 24 and I've been married for over 7 years now, with her for over 8, and we are still happy together, even though at times we can drive each other crazy, we certainly don't resent each other. Oh yeah, we are Agnostic, we aren't married for religious beliefs or anything like that, it just made the most financial sense to get married. In my opinion, the problem is that humans get horny, and will sometimes want to try something new. A good solution to that is to have a threesome, do something with another couple or two, or go to an orgy. Many find that if you can get beyond jealousy you can have a much happier marriage. People get divorced because they got married, if you never get married you will not have to get a divorce. Only get married if you know yourself well enough to know that you are mature enough to get beyond stupid little things, after all, it's the stupid little things that break most marriages in the first place.

top topics

join