It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venus Jupiter The Moon & Aurora Borealis pictures and video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This is not my work but a photographer called Phil Hart and i think these shots are stunning

In early 2012 I spent nine weeks based in Canada's Yukon Territory on the biggest astronomy and photography adventure I've ever tackled. The primary reason for going all the way up to the Yukon was of course to photograph the northern lights. But the conjunction between Venus and Jupiter in February/March provided a nice sideshow.

This sequence was taken with an entry level Canon 1100D (Rebel T3) proving that you don't need expensive cameras to take great night sky images.

but then very bright and active aurora kicked off even before the end of twilight. From my point of view, this night made the whole Yukon adventure worthwhile!

Unfortunately, the aurora never really came to the party on either night, but you can at least see the quiet green glow

I think that this blokes dedication for sitting outside in subzero tempretures has paid him back with these stunning pictures
There is a video on his site of this i tried to embed it but still need to work that out
It is well worth seeing
philhart.com...

Some more of his work here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
And what lead me to this is here

www.thesun.co.uk...
Copyright stuff
creativecommons.org...

I think that these photos are truely great and wanted to share with ats
Enjoy and watch the video

Cran

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Pretty.
The Pleiades don't hurt the effect either.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

Thank you for the eye candy, simply stunning!

ETA But 2 months living in his van? That is either some dedicated dedication or...he had a row with the wife.
Sorry, I couldn't resist "creepy van man, with a camera."

edit on 8/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

edit on 8/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

I remember seeing this happening earlier this year (the line-up). However, seeing it as presented here is quite a privilege. I would love to be able to see the stars without the light pollution. Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I will post some more pictures later today
At work now

Cran

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think there were Aurora on Jupiter photos posted at one time.
If an Aurora occurred on Earth then every planet in the solar system may have a similar
effect. Big news or no news how could we know. The passage of currents are 24/7 and
only show up with an excess of particles from the Sun.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The Pleiades don't hurt the effect either

Thanks
I did not notice that

Cran

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Very nice pictures.

I love some of the pics people post here on ATS. Them and the vast amount of information is what's been keeping me coming back all these years.

top topics

join