It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani intelligence has Afghan taliban kill peace seeking Afghan taliban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
source www.strategypage.com...

May 8, 2012: Pakistan's ISI (their CIA/military intelligence organization) is accused of recently arranging the murder of Afghan Taliban who were willing to negotiate a peace deal with the Afghan government.

The killers were aided by the ISI, which created the Taliban two decades ago and have sought to control this Islamic radical group ever since. The ISI has been able to maintain considerable influence over the Afghan Taliban, because the leadership of that group was provided with sanctuary across the border from Kandahar (the home of the original Taliban) and protection from American UAV missile attacks.

I think I need a playbook but the entire 'fiasco' has a strong smell of CIA.

Do they have any objective(s) besides no peace?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by oghamxx

While I do not discount this as a possibility I must say I would like to be able to read more. I can imagine that it would indeed be possible that fractions within the ISI would seek to sabotage a peace effort in Afghanistan however I really would like to see some more evidence.

I must also say however that I do not agree in any way that the CIA would also back such a move because I cannot see any real benefit for prolonging the Afghan fighting when America is looking to withdraw from Afghanistan

new topics

join