It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22 Pilots Told Not to Talk

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
With modern fighter technology the only thing hindering an aircraft's ability to preform is the pilot's body. Remove the pilot from this plane and it can really pull the Gs. So that must be the big secret the pilots are keeping. They get to stay on the ground and fly it. Top secret theory, just a theory.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

I am not really concerned. One thing the military can do, is figure out a way to make it work,

A bandaid job is the worst kind of fix. Every single square inch of the raptor is full of systems which are used for a specific purpose. You cannot try to fix an internal system without redesigning the systems and spaces around it without losing function

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jahn369

It has to do with what actually proved. No one knew that an average yf22 could take on an scramble of 15 f15s in red flag and knock out 12 b4 a lock on and the corresponding defensive measure that ended said red flag. Question is is it the capability or the lock on?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

good point on the red flag thing here is a relevent documentary that is free on youtube long one but a decent one

www.youtube.com... just in case the imbed fails me its pretty informitive for a video they release to the public

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

And you know what the problems are?

I have worked on aircraft, I used to even hook up the LOX bottles for the pilots.

Yes, I understand the intricacies of these systems. But my comment still stands, if the military is interested in keeping this equipment, then they will figure out a way to make it work. All they need is a moment or two to push the bureaucracy out of the way and focus on the problem and they will figure it out. However, I do concede that the basic design could possibly be flawed and in that case may just need to be scrapped. But if it can be fixed, it will be fixed.

Especially if the statements are along the lines: "I love the plane, I love flying it, but other than the oxygen issue it is an awesome plane."
edit on 9-5-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hmm I wonder if the problems of this aircraft revolve around PARTS MADE IN CHINA??

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

Canada has no f22s nor does anybody else. Its sale is barred by us federal law

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Infowars thinks this is the main story... lets see.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
security.blogs.cnn.com...

Even as the Air Force searches for the reason pilots are getting sick flying the F-22, a new mystery about the troubled stealth fighter jet has come to light: Why are mechanics on the ground getting sick in the plane as well?

The mystery thickens...now the mechanics are getting sick. Something a lot more than oxygen is wrong with this aircraft..the biggest mistake the USAF ever made.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
security.blogs.cnn.com...

Even as the Air Force searches for the reason pilots are getting sick flying the F-22, a new mystery about the troubled stealth fighter jet has come to light: Why are mechanics on the ground getting sick in the plane as well?

The mystery thickens...now the mechanics are getting sick. Something a lot more than oxygen is wrong with this aircraft..the biggest mistake the USAF ever made.

What makes these planes stealth in the first place? The coating? Maybe the coating it toxic. Something sure is

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

Multiple things, the coatings, the reflective shape, the EW package. I know the skin on the F117 or was it SR-71 was pretty toxic.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
F-22 is the most dominate fighter in the world, nothing can come close to it. Even the pilots in the interview said it was "Invincible." The F/A-18 has experiences similar problems, it will take time to figure out what is wrong with.

And for the people that say it is the biggest mistake the USAF ever made just shows how little they know.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

"Invincible."

Nothing is invincible except God
edit on 033131p://5America/ChicagoThu, 10 May 2012 15:16:12 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Just quoting what the pilots said, in regard to you saying that it is the biggest mistake the USAF ever made. Straight out of the horses mouth. Nothing is invincible we all know that, like a diamond isn't forever, but it is pretty damn close

Nothing is invincible except God

If thats what you believe, more power to you. I believe though God is a trait embedded into the evolution of humans, so in a sense we are all invincible.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

How do they know its invincible its never been tested in an actual combat situation

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dashdespatch

From there training, realistic exercises and experience with the aircraft. I'm sure they have a better answer and know more about the Raptor then you and I. Why don't you email a pilot?

Here is the script. You could read it yourself

www.cbsnews.com...

edit on 11-5-2012 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

invincible ="incapable of being conquered, defeated, or subdued. "

f22 raptor="has the highest accident rate of any USAF fighter aircraft in service"

do the math

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It is common sense to not take it at face value, it seems like you took it from its literal meaning. In respect to other fighter jets it dominates the class.

For example, Money Mayweather and Jon 'Bones' Jones, a undefeated boxer and MMA figher are "INVINCIBLE" who are the best in the game.

Does this mean they can't get cancer? Does it mean they can't lose? Does it mean they can't have allergies? Its common sense pal.

Here is a earlier reply I made, you must have skipped it.

"Nothing is invincible we all know that, like a diamond isn't forever, but it is pretty damn close"

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

If its that great why do they no longer produce it?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

....Most of the time I do not spoon feed people things they could easily use GOOGLE and could look up, but this time only I will be like the little paperclip in the old Microsoft Word processor for you.

www.flightglobal.com...

www.flightglobal.com...

aviationintel.com... - One of my favorite websites, dig in.

Just two links out of thousands, you could fill in the blanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join