It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Succinct sayings , quotes, words of wisdom add yours

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I really like words! I especially like it when very few words are used but they express alot. So i thought i would start a thread that we can add wise words to, what do you think. I was originally going to start a thread with the saying ( I believe half of what i see and quarter of what i hear, whats your percentage?) i did a search on ats and found no such thread, so i did a search on the internet and found out that the saying is actually( DONT BELIEVE HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE AND NONE OF WHAT YOU HEAR ) a quote by Benjamin Franklin.Anyway moving on, i can think of another of the top of my head ,GO YOU GOOD THING, lol, another HEAR NO EVIL ,SEE NO EVIL, SPEAK NO EVIL, another IF YOU CAN SAY NO GOOD, SAY NOTHING. I'm sorry about the caps just wanted the sayings to stand out. I am interested in the ones that deal with the five normal senses , like, LET HIM WHO HAS EARS LISTEN and LET HIM WHO HAS EYES SEE these are more examples of that. Anyway thats it for now hope you girls and guys can add some that you know for all of us to share

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure u can find a lot of those if not similar in the bible if I'm not mistaken??

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Probably, dont know about GO YOU GOOD THING though lol . Just seeing if anyone can come up with some positive words sayings ect

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Maybe i should go back to my orginal idea of saying, i believe half of what i see and quarter of what i hear . What are your percentages?

link   
You are only as strong as your weakest link.

link   
The best way to determine the content of a man's character is by asking his children

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
How about "waste not, want not". Or "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

Just "adding my two cents"

edit on 6-5-2012 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

link   
good one thanks people

link   
Om

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
"The less apt you are to making declarative statements the less likely you are to foolish in retrospect."
-Quentin Tarantino in "Four Rooms"

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
“The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it’s difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine”
- Abraham Lincoln

posted in similar thread:
Similar Thread:www.abovetopsecret.com...

oh and of course my signature has all my other favorite quotes and sayings.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
There's an old saying:
An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

But nowadays with so many Muslim doctors I find that bacon is far more effective.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

It is better to stay silent and look stupid than to speak and prove it .

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Here is one I have always liked. [color=#FF6600]"Lets not confuse truth with reality."

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must fist invent the universe."
-Carl Sagan

edit on 6-5-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: spelling

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
If you can't keep it....@ least Keep it Real!

As far as I know..I say that. It's been my sig for over 10 yrs.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
When ever someone is finished giving me unsolicited advice,.....

I always respond with: "Isn't that a Hitler quote?"

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
"I could have had class. I coulda been a contender.
I coulda been somebody instead of a bum...which is what I am."

Marlon Brando, On The Waterfront, 1954

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Where are the positive words surely its wise to be positive or is it a case of we only know defensive words people really are angry arnt they sheesh

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
"Emphasis is best achieved through the use of italics, not ALL-CAPS." – Mark Twain

"Quotes are for people who don't know how to speak for themselves." – Albert Einstein

&

"The best approach to get away with saying inappropriate things is by presenting them in the form of famous quote." – Abraham Lincoln

edit on 6-5-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: ETA

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join