It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do they see

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
We can see planets six billion light years away.......
But what do the things there see

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by swampcricket
We can see planets six billion light years away.......
But what do the things there see

wow, i actually never thought of it that way.

thank you for opening my mind.

they can see ALL this stuff, but we never think about the stuff they don't tell us, we all just assume they see lots of stars and stuff, they hide it in PLAIN SIGHT!

they probably see an AMAZING amount of things out there that they can't even tell us with WORDS if they actually wanted to tell the truth.
edit on 5-5-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The same thing that we see when we look at them.

I doubt they would be able to detect Earth, however I think that any Star that is relatively close to earth with planets with an advanced civilization with our level of technology would easily detect Jupiter as it passes in front of the Sun

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
assuming they have evolved similar sense organs to us, i imagine they'd see pretty much the same thing we see, with different constellations dotted about the place.. perhaps they can perceive different or a greater range of wavelengths than us, which would give their world an appearance unimaginable and incomprehensible to humans..

edit on 5/5/12 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
The same thing that we see when we look at them.

I doubt they would be able to detect Earth, however I think that any Star that is relatively close to earth with planets with an advanced civilization with our level of technology would easily detect Jupiter as it passes in front of the Sun

OH............... my bad, i get it....

what do the people on those planets 9999999 miles away see in their sky?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
They might see the Sun with a protoplanetary disk

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
those planets 9999999 miles away

there are planets between earth and mars?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mzungu
assuming they have evolved similar sense organs to us, i imagine they'd see pretty much the same thing we see, with different constellations dotted about the place.. perhaps they can perceive different or a greater range of wavelengths than us, which would give their world an appearance unimaginable and incomprehensible to humans..

edit on 5/5/12 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

Constellations are a human concept. I am not sure other life forms across the galaxy would use the stars to compare to animals and the like.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mzungu

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
those planets 9999999 miles away

there are planets between earth and mars?

my bad lol sorry i meant something around 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 light years away

(sorry if im wrong again)
edit on 5-5-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack
I think Mzunga was basically meaning to say the stars would look different or look arranged in a different way.
As to the OP's question:
If its some advanced lifeforms looking back at us, they could possibly see a lot more than we could imagine.
I think if they were advanced enough they could be able to see Earth pretty clearly and maybe that we have a single moon. Them being able to see what our atmosphere is made of is a given since we can pretty much already do that just not at that distance I guess. Their is no limit to what an advanced technology could detect. All of that is only possible of course, if they could find us. A tiny Earth is a hard easter egg to find in such a giant sized universe. That is my question......How likely is it that they would have spotted us amongst all the other stars and planets that they have to search through. I guess the likely hood of that is in the proximity of us to them. It only makes sense that they would start their search at the closest stars to them and then work their way out.
Who knows though...
SoyMilkAlaska....You funny. ROFL!

9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
Light Years Away!
Then you said....
Sorry if I'm wrong again.

Too good. Too good. Brought tears to my eyes.
Also...to SoyMilkAlaska
Your Avatar pic is so funny too. As I look at it I imagine the dogs dropping you off at the air port. He has a sad look on his face like he dropped you off at the front and he's watching you as you walk away from the car and up to the front doors of the airport.
That, with the hat. Its sad but in a funny looking way and it just makes me laugh.

TXML

edit on 5-5-2012 by txMEGAlithic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Nobody can see planets six billion light-years away. At that distance, even a galaxy seen through a powerful telescope is a tiny dot.

But if you could, then people six-billion light-years away will be seeing the Sun as it was about 1.5 billion years before it had any planets. Always assuming the Sun itself existed back then. And that these faraway observers are looking in the right place.

edit on 6/5/12 by Astyanax because: I wonder, sometimes, why I bother.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Nobody can see planets six billion light-years away. At that distance, even a galaxy seen through a powerful telescope is a tiny dot.

I thinks that's mankinds ego talking......if we can't do it then no one can. Okay.
Yes with our tech we can't see six billion light years away, and if we could we would be seeing back in time. All that is true.
So our technology and the way we understand things to work is the limit? Are our minds too small to imagine there could be more? Mine isn't. I think that we humans are still using primitive methods and tools. Even with the advancements we've made, its still basic and primitive.
The possibilities are limitless, IMO, and assuming that advanced intelligences would even use what we use, is absurd.

TXML

Imagination isn't a bad thing. With out it, we would be where we are today.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I can't tell you what "they" would see on a planet 6 billion ly from here. They may have different senses than ours, or use different instruments to look at things.

But we can make an educated guess of what YOU would see from that distance looking back to here. You would not see our sun. It didn't exist then. Instead, you'd see the interstellar gasses that eventually made up our sun and planets. Our sun is about 5 billion years old, so light from it has only traveled that far.

But only if you had much more advanced tech than we have. We can't look at individual stars that far away.

Further than that? Depends on how further you are talking about. Once you get to about 13 billion light years, you won't see anything, at least in the visible spectrum. There was no light, as stars didn't exist at that point. You'd have to change your instruments from the visible, to radio, and what you would see is a lot of energy left over from the Big Bang, cooling down.

Further than that? You can't. There would be nothing for you to see, as nothing existed beyond that. Our universe had not been born yet.

Keep in mind, when you look up at the night sky, you're looking back in time. Light from the closest star takes just over 4 years to get here. If you were at Sirius and looking back here at the Earth, you'd see things from just over 8 years ago.
If you were at Betelguise, looking at the Earth, you'd be seeing it as it was during the 1400's

If you were in the Andromeda Galaxy, you'd be seeing things back here as they were well over 2.6 million years ago.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by txMEGAlithic

I thinks that's mankinds ego talking......if we can't do it then no one can. Okay.

No, that's using the brains I was born with. You should try it some time.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Oh, I see now. Your mind is firmly closed. It's okay. I understand your comments now.
I wonder, sometimes, why I bother.

TXML

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
-Albert Einstein

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Ok what I was getting at..... Draw a circle with earth in the middle, then go 3 billion light years away in all directions. Then take one of the stars, galaxies etc at the edge of that circle and put it in the middle and draw a circle putting earth ant the edge of their circle and so on and so on.... Get what I'm saying

top topics

join