It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health risks from salt? It can make you stupid too. Fluoride

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
People and various countries are taking heed about the risks of fluoridated water and eliminating it from their water supply. OK, so now where are they hiding it? In the salt. More people worldwide are exposed to and consume more fluoride from salt than in their water.

poisonfluoride.com...

1) How much fluoride is in “fluoridated salt”?

Salt is most commonly fluoridated at 250 parts per million (ppm) (range 200 - 350ppm) which means 2,5 mg of fluoride for every 10 grams of salt.

It was presumed that the “individual application” (meaning use of the salt shaker at the table, for the “sprinkling over food”) would contribute 1 to 4 g of the daily salt intake, thus a person would take in 1 mg of fluoride a day at a salt intake of 4 grams a day - 1 mg/day being the “optimal” dose of fluoride intake to “protect against caries”.

However, the majority of the fluoridated salt is not used for “sprinkling over food” but for domestic food preparation (cooking, baking, etc) - just like fluoridated water is not merely used for drinking. The use of fluoridated salt (250 ppm) for baking alone may provide much more than the “optimal” intake already for anyone consuming baked goods.

2) When did the use of fluoridated salt start?

In 1955 Switzerland became the first country to fluoridate salt, originally at 90 ppm. The amount was later raised to 250 ppm. France became the second country to do so in 1986, quickly followed by Jamaica and Costa Rica where there is now “universal” salt fluoridation.

3) What is “universal” salt fluoridation?

“Universal” salt fluoridation means that all salt destined for human consumption is fluoridated - not just the “salt in the shaker on the table”. This situation exists in numerous cantons in Switzerland, as well as many countries in South America.

Jamaica, Costa Rica, Columbia are all countries with such “universal” salt fluoridation.

“Universal” salt fluoridation is now described as the “ideal situation” by dental public health experts (Marthaler, 2000).

“Universal” salt fluoridation is being set up through legal channels. It is being mandated on national levels.

So after nearly six decades of living with fluoridation I have very few of my own teeth left. Dental health is about the only benefit claimed for fluoride but for me that is no longer much of a factor. I'm just a layman that gets bombarded with reports good and bad about fluoride, for every warning about the risks and dangers you get at least that many more singing its praises. I don't think my dentures receive much benefit from fluoride though, so I'd just like to do without it. Not knowing for sure it would just seem safer to avoid fluoride now, but that is not easily done. It is everywhere in our food and drinks, in our beer, in our wine, in our cigarettes, in our cookware. Take a look:

www.fluoridealert.org...

"Dental and Public health administrators should be aware of the total fluoride exposure in the population before introducing any additional fluoride programme for caries prevention." - World Health Organization. (1994). Fluorides and Oral Health. WHO Technical Report Series 846.

FLUORIDATED SALT

The use of fluoridated salt is becoming increasingly widespread across the globe. While the US & Canada do not yet have salt fluoridation programs, it is currently estimated that more people in the world are exposed to fluoridated salt than fluoridated water. Thus, this source of fluoride exposure is becoming increasingly important and insidious. Fluoridated salt usually contains about 250 ppm fluoride, which would result in a daily intake of 2.5 mg of fluoride per day for people consuming 10 grams of salt. Countries with extensive salt fluoridation programs include: Austria, Bolivia, Columbia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, France, Germany, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Switzerland, and Venezuela.

Visit the above link to see more of the sources of the fluoride you ingest on a daily basis. If you are eating processed foods, cooking with teflon utensils, then you are consuming fluoride. It doesn't have to be labelled, it's everywhere.

edit on 5-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

I have heard about this, but I have really no idea whether they add it to salt here.
Here where we have no water fluoridation they go as far as handing out fluoride pills to children with added taste to make them taste like candy.
Not only do they do that, but they also claim that there are no real dangers even if they overdose. I think i have even heard they hand it out to parents with infants that hasn't even gotten their first set of teeth.
And here is a picture from Norwegian state funded health site:

Holding a pill glass of fluoride...
And here is fluoride with berry and fruit taste:

The world has gone completely crazy.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol
I have heard about this, but I have really no idea whether they add it to salt here.

They have to mention it somewhere on the box.

I just checked out our salt and it's without Fluoride, but the Company that sells it, also offers fluoridated salt but it's specially marked (There's a big "+Fluorid" label directly on the logo, so you can't miss it)
Usually in europe companies are forced to clearly mark their products and state what's ingredients are in it.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

I just checked out our salt and it's without Fluoride, but the Company that sells it, also offers fluoridated salt but it's specially marked (There's a big "+Fluorid" label directly on the logo, so you can't miss it)
Usually in europe companies are forced to clearly mark their products and state what's ingredients are in it.

Not always so -

poisonfluoride.com...

7) Are there any warning labels on fluoridated salt packages?

Generally not. In Europe it usually only says “fluoridated salt”. The only European country we know of so far that has a warning label on some fluoridated salt is France. It says:

“Do not consume if drinking water contains more than 0.5 milligrams of fluoride per liter"

Guidelines drafted by PAHO in 2001 concerning mandatory salt fluoridation in South America specified that the following sentence should be on the labels:

“Do not consume or sell this product in areas where water for human consumption has fluorine levels higher than 0.7 ppm”

In Belgium fluoridated salt has been banned, as of 2002.

In Mexico the fluoridated salt is labelled. I had been so busy reading bottled water labels I never thought to check the salt until the last couple days. Finding that on the label I went online and see that fluoridated salt is much more common than I had realized. It seems to be one of the latest mass means of feeding it to us. Pretty insidious.

Processed foods, particularly from other countries, may only list salt among the ingredients without stating it is fluoridated and iodized salt. I would be skeptical of any processed foods.

edit on 5-5-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Did some quick research.. At least as of 2006 it was concluded by some panel of "experts" that adding fluoride to salt is not worth it.
So it seems like they haven't started adding it here yet at least.
And definitely no mention of it in the ingredients list.
edit on 5-5-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Salinity is also great for conducting electric.

Our bodies being 90% water + high amounts of nacl = highly conductive.

Put salt in em and shock the crap outta them.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
We use sea salt anyway. And take iodine drops.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I drink nothing but tap water, and my teeth are in excellent shape because I take very good care of them because I've seen how expensive it is to "make repairs" on them if I don't. It comes down to what you have more of, time or money. I take the time because I rather keep my money.

Floss and while you're doing it, look at the used floss and tell yourself, "Isn't it worth the time to make sure this crap it out from between my teeth instead of sitting there like a swamp for bacteria in my mouth?" The answer for me is always an easy, Yes.

Brush your teeth after every meal you eat, as soon as you're done. It gives fresher breath, and you will never ever get a cavity if you follow this procedure 95% of the time. If you're away from home, save sugary foods for when you return home.

I think people are mentally lazy enough that fluoride is the last thing they need to concern themselves with. If you're not staying active mentally, you will decline into stupidity no matter WHAT kind of water you drink. That, I believe, is the bigger problem. People have lost the ability to concentrate and focus because they never do it. When they do, it's difficult, so they give up and blame it on "old age" or the water, or whatever. USE it or LOSE it as they say...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Don't forget to wait 20 or thirty minutes after you eat to brush though. It has to do with the acids in food. Brushing immediately after scrapes off a good bit of dentin. It will help in the long run

Other than that, I think it's bogus that it impairs your thought process, or makes you domesticated, submissive etc. some of us just read the reports that it is terrible for the body and can be linked to many health issues. Particularly degenerative ones. You would think we would listen to all the dentists and people who have studied it for a decade or two when they say it does nothing for teethe (if swallowed) but hey, let's just put it in the water so nobody can control dosage, what's the worst that can happen?

And like an above poster said, they give this crap to babies that don't even have teethe yet. What is the explanation for that one?

My theory? It's more profitable to keep the people sick and dying than to keep the people stupid and domesticated.(as I'm sure they could do)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Bah, I use sea salt, the brand La Baleine, it's been fluoridated!

new topics

top topics

join