It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery booms/sounds are EVERYWHERE and INCREASING with no reasonable explanation yet...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

Even the Wall Street Journal is now reporting about the mystery sounds/the mysterious hum: Canadians Make a Racket Over Mysterious Windsor Hum

What's interesting about this article is that only certain people seem to hear it:

Windsor residents have blamed the hum for causing illness, whipping dogs into frenzies, keeping cats housebound and sending goldfish to the surface in backyard ponds. Many have resorted to switching on their furnace fan all season to drown out the noise. Even weirder, Americans can't seem to hear it. Canadians find that suspicious—especially since their research suggests the hum is coming from the Yankees' side—and accuse U.S. officials of staying silent over the noise.

I think I've read just about all the theories out there what those noises could be. I have a new one: since we've found out that space itself, i.e., the planets, etc. have their own sounds, could it be that these noises are nothing new?

Maybe they've been around us all along but were outside of our human range of hearing. And maybe some people are starting to change now, having their range of perceptible audio increased, while others are still "tone-deaf," so to speak. That would explain why some people hear those loud noises in their area, while others in the same area don't seem to hear anything.

What do you guys think?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
For all we know, the government is building some sort of high tech device that uses the magnetic ley lines of the earth to transfer an energy that either sends electrical impulses into our brains on a mass level, or engineers a national blackout...which could be the first step to a global or national disaster that introduces the next phase of their nefarious scheme. These sounds could be them "testing the mic", so to speak.

But that's just me creative side talking. I could be wrong.

edit on CFridaypm494919f19America/Chicago04 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

I find it very interesting that she described them as metallic sounds..that is EXACTLY how I described the one I heard last year..yet I my post was reduced to a train linking up. I will tell you it was NO train linking up. This sound came deep and thunderous from above. Not to mention other people heard it even miles away.

Oh..well..believe what you want. I heard it..my husband heard it...my kids heard it...several people from my husbands work heard it...plus I have the video to prove it. I just feel kinda lucky it happened to us..usually I am left out of the loop
!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It seems the sounds are mostly falling into one of three categories.
  1. Booming/explosive
  2. Low rumble/humming
  3. Metalic/horn
I've tried searching, but does anyone know if there is a map out there that has placed the various sound oddities? Is there any correlation to proximity to military bases?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

This thread made an attempt at it almost 4 months ago. Someone should probably update it.

Big Sounds Map Image

I can state that I've never heard it here in Austin, Texas, nor have I heard of anyone hearing it here. But I've never seen someone get shot, either; doesn't keep me from believing in bullets. I think the map of where this sound has never been heard would be as fascinating as the one showing where it has been.

As for what's making the sound, it's either a clever psyop advancing Agenda 21 (sound checks of their holoprojectors perhaps, to prepare for a faked "first contact"), or Jack didn't kill the Smoke Monster after all because it's clearly off the island and running amok.

edit on 5/4/2012 by Thought Provoker because: Sound check. Definitely a sound check.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Technically I don't think I've heard these sounds yet. There is always construction, constant air traffic or some other background noise here so I'm not sure I'd be able to tell unless it really stands out.

However, the last post about it being metallic sounding caught my attention because the other day we had a thunderstorm and I've heard a wide variety of thunder sounds, so I know they change, but this one sounded different enough for me to ask what it was before I saw the lighting attached to it. The best way I could describe it was like a huge metal crate being dragged or something equivalent.

Sorry, this is something I haven't been keeping up on so I don't know if this has been asked. Has anyone every checked what the local surrounding weather is during those times? Maybe it is some type of bizarre atmospheric weather disturbance something akin to hearing thunder from a storm miles away.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Heard a couple of booms here in San Diego, CA. Also, late at night I hear distant roaring that is not related to Miramar. It is a reverberating hum and you can feel it through your feet.
As a sidenote, I grew up right across the landing field of NAS Oceana and I know all sorts of air traffic sounds..it is NOT that.
When it happens, my cats always hear it, and I have noticed that they tend to hear it well before I do.
edit on 4-5-2012 by bastet11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I thought I heard the strange hums, like a low flying jet for a good minute, here in Michigan.....although since I haven't heard it since, and nobody else said anything, I feel like it could have been my own paranoia I heard.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I've got a half-baked pseudo-science theory about these sounds.

Consider the shape of the Milky Way. It's pretty clear that most of the matter in the galaxy is concentrated in the central plane. Right now, the Solar system is moving from the "upper" side of the galaxy and crossing the central plane into the "lower" side. It could be that as we are crossing through the central plane, we are entering a region of space where the density of matter is much greater than what we're used to.

Maybe the matter density has increased from a few hundred atoms per cubic centimeter to a few dozen sand sized particles per cubic centimeter. Maybe add in a few BB sized particles and marble sized particles per cubic foot. As the Earth moves through a region of space with more matter, it could put pressure on the atmosphere, which could result in strange sounds that seem to be coming from nowhere.

Just a thought.
edit on 4-5-2012 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Interesting angle, but not very likely. If that were the case, the friction from it would make every satellite plummet from orbit, every planet plummet into the sun, etc etc. But if there are etheric vibrations spreading out along the galactic disk, those might be... doing something...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Same here. I'm in the App Mountain range and so far nothing. Don't get me wrong though - I believe there are too many reports for all of them to be hoaxed. I'm simply waiting on our turn to hear them.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

Ah well. Good thing I still have a dozen or so more half-baked psuedo-science crackpot theories to fall back on.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

I had this exact thought just 2 or 3 days ago.

Kind of like the "mosquito" noise that teenagers used to set as a ringtone so that no adults could hear their phone ringing.

Of course if you wanted to go more metaphysical with it, I also pondered that maybe the ones who say this will be the year of ascension are right, and maybe only the more advanced of us can hear it.

If that's the case I'm not very advanced I guess, as I've yet to hear anything.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
tectonic plates shifting and large boulders exploding deep under ground from pressure, my guess anyway. it makes sense since the magnetic core is shifting around quite a bit these days. unsteady geological times indeed.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I am slightly less skeptical of these noise claims since I recently heard...something... here in NH. It was as I lay in bed late at night awake. It came slowly and steadily and sounded like a freight train far away. Just a very low frequency, almost mechanical sounding with an unsteady rhythm about it.

At first I thought it was just a passing truck which can last 2-4 minutes on our long back roads on a quiet night, but it didnt fade for over 10 minutes. Just as I mustered up enough curiosity to get out of bed and go outside it started fading until gone and I haven't heard it again since. This was a few months back.

I still remain a skeptic, as it could be a number of "normal" things I am just ignorant of, but either way this is the first time I have shared it with others and maybe someone can relate.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

That's what I hear. And my flatmate. And the neighbours for miles.

I would prefer explosions to the constant, pulsing hum.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I too heard a rather overwhelming, which in my opinion is an understatement, noise one night.

The instance occurred probably within the last month or so during late at night. I've come across threads like this before so I was defiantly aware of the wide concern and knowledge of "the noise". I live probably 40 mins outside New York City on Long Island so I am pretty use to hearing strange sounds. Im surrounded by a hand full of airports so I constantly hear airplanes crossing over and while even reading this thread and typing this response I can say that I have honestly heard at least 6 airplanes fly overheard.

I was up doing work one night when suddenly this sound, a sound like I've never heard before, startled me from outside. Like I said before Im aware of fringe topics and when I heard this sound I really thought it was the "SHTF", like the moment in which everything that is discussed on this forum was about to go down. I jumped to the window and stuck my head outside. For a good 30 to 40 seconds this monstrous pitch ripped across the sky. When I say ripped it literally sounded like the sky was being torn apart. Normally when I hear airplanes theres a prolonged Doppler effect where you can hear the plane incoming and slowly fade out but the sound never peaks to an unbearable point. This sound in particular could have literally came from above my house. I dont know if it was a jet, but all I can say is that I have never heard a jet fly over or come close to my house. The noise almost reminded me of that sound a blow torch makes, a kind of raspy fuel burning sound. I dont know if it was actually the sound or the shear thought of the "SHTF" that sent me into panic mode but something didn't seem natural during that time frame. After it happened I saw a plane, which appeared as a spec in the sky, fly over in the distant sky. It was defiantly a sound like no other and in contrast to the normal airplanes I hear constantly, theres another one, this noise was a hundred times more intense by far.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'm currently uploading a video I took about a half hour ago here in Upstate NY. I captured the sound on my Iphone. Will post video shortly after it is done uploading. It sounded like thunder claps but the sky is clear.

Excuse the people yelling there is a bar down at the end of our street.
edit on 5/5/2012 by Irish614 because: Added Video.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
For anyone who is interested: Even Whitley Strieber has been reporting these sounds on his website.

www.unknowncountry.com...
www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I believe this is going to be harder to dismiss as fracking, thunder, etc., as more areas report these noises. Obviously, people who have not yet heard any of these strange noises don't know what all the fuss is about. I have reported that I've heard booming and rumbling here in the Hudson Valley area of NY. My opinion is tectonic plate movement/ rock layers breaking/rock tearing. Judging from this poster, some members are really getting spooked. Its not our imagination, or mistaking some other normal noise. People who want to put their heads in the sand and say 'Nothing unusual its just a hoax or lightning whatever' will keep denying. Something unusual is going on.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join