It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is happening to the UK weather

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
We are four days into May , yet it still feels like Febuary . We should be experiencing temperatures of around the mid 20's celcius , but we are struggling to get out of single figures .

Now forecasters are predicting the coldest may for 100 years .

Independent forecaster WeatherAction has also predicted the next month will be the “coldest or near coldest for 100 years” in the East of England, with cold northwesterly winds.

I have searched around , but no official agency is offering an explanation .

Is this just a glitch , or should we expect it to become the norm , or are we really on the brink of a new ice age ?
www.iceagenow.com...

Your thoughts please.
edit on 3-5-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It is not a glitch it is more like life. The weather change that is why people try and predict it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint
It is not a glitch it is more like life. The weather change that is why people try and predict it.

Weather reporting is no longer a prediction and hasn't been for quite a while .
If the weather right now is anywhere near normal , I would not have posted this thread.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

Hi dawnprince,
Michigan, USA here. The weather here has been a bit strange too. Extremely mild winter with hardly no snow and in March record warm temps., but April was miserable and cold. And yesterday it was high 70's and today it was cold.

Just a weird spring if you ask me.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I dont remember who, but there was a thread on ATS a little while back with some guy saying May was going to be a super cold month.

Weather patterns are shifting. We are getting a false spring in Jan/Feb, then temps dip back down in April/May. This has been my observation for the past decade, and its getting worse.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
I dont remember who, but there was a thread on ATS a little while back with some guy saying May was going to be a super cold month.

Weather patterns are shifting. We are getting a false spring in Jan/Feb, then temps dip back down in April/May. This has been my observation for the past decade, and its getting worse.

Yes I totally agree with you .
For a week in March this year we had temperatures in the mid - high twenties and now we are back to winter weather and the same thing does seem to be happening annually.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Wish I could find that thread. It was just a few weeks ago, I think.

(The search function does not allow for enough specifics. I'll try Google)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
OK, we are having a similar thing here.

And 2 years of solid rain, barely any breaks.

I was talking to woman in the health food store and she said, that due to the dust in the air from the volcanic erruptions in Iceland and everywhere, it changed the weather system and she sees that as the reason for lack of warmth and so much rain.

I believe that they are using weather modification and orchestrated that, myself, along with their chemtrail programs and other things but whether natural or manmade, those erruptions contributed.
edit on 3-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Can't say the weather is that unusual, temps are within the norms and rainfall, although slightly more than expected, is still not extreme. People have short memories though and forget that for the past several years we've had much warmer and drier weather than usual, for example to end the drought we are in, we'd need 6 more months of the same amount of rainfall just to get the aquifers and reservoirs up to normal levels.

Currently, we have a blocking anticyclone out in the Atlantic which is producing the unsettled weather in the UK, but as May progresses, this should ease off and temps will return to average. That said, if you get a day without cloud, it can get quite warm, like Tuesday for example. Got to 20c here in Berkshire and was a rather nice day.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The average national temperature for May is around 16-18 degrees celcius , so we are still quite below average right now.
Also we are experiencing .
Ice rain.
Hail.
Rain.
snow. ( mainly in the north )
and days of unbroken cloud .

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Depends where you are in the UK and when, the weather is changeable as to be expected for this time of year. Today it was about 12, on Tuesday it was 20.

There really isn't anything unusual about the weather, in fact you should all be discussing the weather we had in the years running up to this one...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Its called a cycle!

Weather isnt permanent! nor will it always get worse! for a while weather will die off! just were here right now with the part of the cycle where the weather is wild!

i love how the things we cant control will always win!

we arnt as smart as we think

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Depends where you are in the UK

No it doesn't . That is why it is a National average .

Lets see if you have the same opinion in a couple of weeks when we have more data for THIS May

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Looking at weather in such a short time span and declaring it "unusual" is idiotic.

In the long term, temps are only slightly below average for the whole UK with slightly above average rainfall. Nothing to get all twisted up in knots about. The long term forecast is that by the end of May, the anticyclone in the North Atlantic will move off and we will get an area of high pressure sitting across the UK, just in time for summer and bringing temps up to normal.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Looking at weather in such a short time span and declaring it "unusual" is idiotic.

In the long term, temps are only slightly below average for the whole UK with slightly above average rainfall. Nothing to get all twisted up in knots about. The long term forecast is that by the end of May, the anticyclone in the North Atlantic will move off and we will get an area of high pressure sitting across the UK, just in time for summer and bringing temps up to normal.

Forecasters say we will have the coldest may for 100 years . Maybe they are being idiotic too ?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Are they? It's not what the Met Office is saying via the BBC. It very much depends where you live for starters as to what sort of weather to expect, but over the whole UK temps are only slightly below average. The media are overplaying it, as they usually do, which I find funny as one week the "MSM" is the demon on ATS and the next they are the font of all truth...

Bottom line is, this is simply since records began in 1910. Plus, it is also worth noting that these predictions of "the coldest May in 100 years" were all made before the 20th April, over 2 weeks ago. If you look on the Met Office website it doesn't mention anything quite as dramatic as the media is.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Are they? It's not what the Met Office is saying via the BBC. It very much depends where you live for starters as to what sort of weather to expect, but over the whole UK temps are only slightly below average. The media are overplaying it, as they usually do, which I find funny as one week the "MSM" is the demon on ATS and the next they are the font of all truth...

Bottom line is, this is simply since records began in 1910. Plus, it is also worth noting that these predictions of "the coldest May in 100 years" were all made before the 20th April, over 2 weeks ago. If you look on the Met Office website it doesn't mention anything quite as dramatic as the media is.

Well I hope you won't be offended if I trust my sources more than an armchair meteorologist ?
Have a nice weekend .

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

"sources"... Right..

Met Office is suddenly not good enough now?

www.metoffice.gov.uk...

Feel free to find the article on their website which claims May to be the coldest. Bottom line is that the Met would never say that until they had the facts in, it is the media latching on to, at the time, the medium range weather forecast which has changed since all the articles were published in mid April.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The weather all over the world it would seem hasn't been right. you could contribute it to global warming. You could even blame the HAARP facilities around the world if you like. Truth is we just don't know what is truly happening to our planet.

But it's not just this one. The other planets are warming up to. So were told. I know your talking about it being may and being cold and you could say. What does that got to do with latter. Well remember a rise in temperature can cause a chain reaction for another spot.

All in all everything effects everything. If your weather doesn't seem the norm look for clues to dismiss possible scenarios. Have you had possible chemtrails in your area? How close are you to a HAARP facility. And has the surrounding areas. such as scotland and france had weather that's not been the "norm".

In this day and age we must weed out the b/s and get right down to the root. because the government sure aint gonna tell us nothing. I'm not saying be paranoid I'm saying find the truth. It's out their.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

"sources"... Right..

And you think copy and pasting from the Met office in an attempt to try to disprove what is happening around you will make you look intelligent ??
...Right
edit on 4-5-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join