It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor fired for quoting from the Bible and emailing prayer to colleagues loses his job battle . One

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

A Christian doctor who was fired by a hospital after quoting from the Bible and emailing a prayer to colleagues has lost his unfair dismissal claim.

Dr Drew, a Baptist churchgoer of Sutton Coldfield, rose to become clinical director at the hospital. But he was dismissed for ‘gross misconduct and insubordination’ in December 2010 and lost an initial appeal last April. An internal review of the complaints against him concluded his religious language was inappropriate in a professional setting.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Now before all you xtians out there start whining like little girls with skinnied knees, I would like to point out a bit of the bigger picture in relation to the christian conspiracy within uk medicine.

1) The church of England has assets estimated to be £6 Billion

2) Let us consider what the bible says Jesus promised

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Ok So the xtian hierarchy is very cash rich and they can pray to jesus to heal the sick (I note with interest that not unlike big pharma the eradication of disease was not a priority of the godman nor is it of the faithful)

3) Christians steal money, that's right they certainly do how many of them actually know it is another matter but their complacency in in monitoring their own cult implicates them in theft, how does it go ? Ignorance is no defense ?

4) Hospital Chaplains get paid more than nurses for doing no more than talking to an invisible man that lives in the sky . The bill for 2010 for England alone was estimated to be £29 MILLION !.

So what? one may ask, what the church does with its flocks hard earned cash is their own business, what is it to me or anyone else ?

5) Well what most tax payers in the UK don't know is that, Jesus needs more money and without even a please or thank you nor any form of consent, Christians ram their dirty paws into the pockets of the "Taxpayer" to pay that £29 Million Chaplains wage bill.

Now let's once again remember what jesus is supposed to have promised his sheeple -

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours

Well well well what have we hear, not only are the xtians stealing taxpayers money to pay for someone else to talk to jesus for them, but obviously the chaplains are robbing them because the sick are still in hospital so either jesus lied or the chaplain is down the pub.

6) To add insult to injury the Doctor is also an xtian, and it would appear , one that goes around pushing his obvious delusion upon other more reasoned people. I should imagine the Doctor gets pretty well paid, by the church ? Of course not, by the tax payer of course, proof positive that either A) jesus is imaginary B) Jesus lied C) The good Doctor doesn't believe what the bibles say.

To muddy the waters further one cannot help but observe that there appears to be a conflict of interest between the Doctor and the Chaplain if they actually believed (which they obviously don't) what the bibles say. In order to help the sick the chaplain talks to jesus but the Doctor relies upon big Pharma to treat symptoms of the ill.

So, in summary, the christian Doctors bosses have every right to sack him, if they are christian then they will observe he is practicing witchcraft by representing the drug companies, and should be squashed to death with big stones or burned at the stake.

If the Doctors bosses are not christian then they should rightly sack him for trying to spread his juju and being involved in a conspiracy to defraud the taxpayer .

I'm sure that is a very nice and well meaning man and should he read this post he would possibly be very upset by it, but I would like to point out that if I were his patient I would be very upset if I were to die because he entrusted my fate to an invisible man that lives in the sky.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Your comments are funny, since the medical community is run by and comprised mainly of Jews.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne

Your comments are funny, since the medical community is run by and comprised mainly of Jews.

You have evidence of this ?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

cool avatar but man, that line..... pushing his obvious delusion upon other more reasoned people......good God man
......you'll have to improve. quit being a victim, just refuse to be a victim

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY

cool avatar but man, that line..... pushing his obvious delusion upon other more reasoned people......good God man
......you'll have to improve. quit being a victim, just refuse to be a victim

I can refuse and so can others like me, but captive audiences like children got no chance

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Twould seem you have something of an agenda. Xtian sheeple?

I'm agnostic and dislike organized religion, but your responses were rather....inflammatory. Was this done on purpose? If so, it indicates you are biased....

I'm not insulting you, please understand. Just pointing out my thoughts.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Generally, when someone claims to be fired for their faith, they were laid off for actual misconducts or downsizing, and were inaccurately claiming that they were being persecuted for their faith.

This may possibly be a different case.

He said: 'There is no need for such assertions in professional communication nor was there a need to make religious references if they are considered inappropriate and if they hinder proper communication.' The Employment Tribunal judge also ruled that the sanctions were not just imposed on Christians believers, but Muslim and Hindu doctors were not allowed to quote from their religious texts.

Now, the topic of whether or not rules separating religious discussion from the workplace are acceptable, is a topic worth having. It creates tension, it's a distraction. There's a reason people try to not talk about religion and politics. However, people have the right to believe and practice. I'm kind of iffy as to where this rule draws the line between employer rights and individual rights.

I often hear that in the UK, religion is far more considered a private matter. That being vocal about it is culturally consider much more rude than say in America, no one takes kindly to strangers or loose associates asserting that they've got the truth and those who disagree is wrong. I don't live there, I don't know how true it is. However, I'm sure that this is a much smaller violation of rights from their local perspective compared to how an American(Like myself) would see it.

~

However, this person did break his employers rules. Likely, a problem, or offense taken from others, spurred his punishment. He was also a repeat offender after getting in trouble for it once. He should have known better. Just because he doesn't like a rule doesn't give him the right to completely ignore it. He wasn't being discriminated against, there's no oppression of Christians going on here. He got what was coming to him. Maybe if he protested from a 'workers rights to be open in regards to their controversial ideologies while on the job' perspective, he may have a better case. It's very telling that he failed his appeal, meaning that his employer was found to be in the right.

~

Also, this is the DailyMail. They're the UK's equivalent of Fox News. I'd like to see some more trustworthy sources report on this.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

Perhaps in the U.K., but here in the U.S., the Asians are stepping up to facilitate medicine. I hope that comment doesn't make me seem racist. I'm married to an Asian-"American" doctor.
edit on 3-5-2012 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I'm often the advocate for freedom for all the religious and non-religious, alike, but believe it is good practice to stifle those who repeatedly push their views where it is unwanted.

I've experienced the forcefully religious in many aspects of my life, including during treatment of major illness. I do believe good is the intention of most religious, and they are unable to see the harm they cause.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

What the hell is an xtian? You sound quite ignorant and disrespectful. Maybe your facts are all out of whack?

It's like a smoker with a cig in their moouth thinking they are all cool, when in reality they are just killing themselves and others around them while smelling like an ash tray.

A little respect goes along way and then maybe you will begin to see the big picture.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
There's a reason for keeping religion and politics out of the work place, and he must have violated hospital policy by doing it. Chances are the prayer was one of those chain emails, and that's what got him fired. I work in IT, and our policy is strict regarding that. People can lose their jobs for chain emails, especially ones of a religious or political nature.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
That is odd, I'm sure he had the best of intentions parroting the very Abrahamic drivel that enslaves him to other slaves. You should think that those in control would be more appreciative.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I'm agnostic and dislike organized religion, but your responses were rather....inflammatory. Was this done on purpose? If so, it indicates you are biased..

Indeed, to have a lifetime of christians interfering in ones life and dictating how one should think even who one should not have sex with or even in what position is one thing. But when the same people put their hands in other peoples pockets and steal their money , well

I'm not insulting you, please understand. Just pointing out my thoughts.

Even if you were I would immediately forgive you and offer you the other cheek, but my so called "bias" would remain

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenVoyager

A little respect goes along way and then maybe you will begin to see the big picture.

Ah, another one of the gang demanding respect for a belief system

One of my kids came home from school and complained that a teacher demanded that he respect other peoples beliefs. I put it to him that by her reasoning he would be compelled to respect the beliefs of a pedophile. Interestingly enough undue respect played a key role in the cover up of the rape of thousands of children by none other than the priests whose charge they had been placed in.

Indeed one could say I am very disrespectful , as for ignorant ? I'm not the one in love with an imaginary man.

edit on 3-5-2012 by ChristianJihad because: add

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

I often hear that in the UK, religion is far more considered a private matter. That being vocal about it is culturally consider much more rude than say in America, no one takes kindly to strangers or loose associates asserting that they've got the truth and those who disagree is wrong. I don't live there, I don't know how true it is

Your pretty much on the money there, I dare say that also a factor is people are more aware that they look foolish when professing their belief in such superstitious nonsense. The irony here is that a great number that would be embarrassed to get involved in the jesus cult swear by other more socially acceptable superstitions like astrology or mediumship (is that a word ?) rabbits feet and such.

For some reason it is quite acceptable to ask someone what their star sign is but totally childish to declare that jesus loves you at an office gathering.

Although christianity is dying out very quickly in the UK, US style proselytizing like evangelism is on the increase, it seems like the remaining minions have been given a last push of courage to expose their balls and rattle their crucifixes claiming persecution whilst grooming children.

On the other hand the muslims are turning up on these shores with their bronze age beliefs by the squillions not giving a crap what the local yokels think about their belief in an invisible man that lives in the sky. Not happy with their right to believe what they wish they also demand respect for it. Here we go all over again.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

No, he doesn't. He's busy trolling with disinfo today.

Thanks for the OP, star and flag. The big churches are corrupt to the bone.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

I do believe good is the intention of most religious, and they are unable to see the harm they cause.

I couldn't agree more but I think that conducting oneself in this manner in order to store up stars and flags with a celestial psychopath is somewhat shallow and destructive.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

The big churches are corrupt to the bone.

And their members are either equally as corrupt or or totally brainwashed, the lies mostly begin in childhood "jesus was born on xmas day and all that" they are spoon fed this nonsense from those claiming to have information that they don't all their lives.
The cat is let out of the bag when they end up in hospital asking a chaplain or xtian doctor "Why?" and the same old non answers churned out "god has a special plan for you" "The lord moves in mysterious ways".
How terrifying it must be for a child at deaths door to realize that those with all the answers have been lying and really don't know anything.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
As a Christian and a physician I would say the doctor in question shouldn't have emailed the prayer to his colleagues. We should be ready and willing to discuss our faith when others approach us with genuine, earnest curiosity, but we should not endeavor to force our ideas or ideals on anyone else.

I know the attitude toward Christian faith is fairly unique in the UK and has been changing for the past few decades. The doctor would have certainly realized this and should have acted with greater prudence.

Hopefully those involved will appreciate the challenges we all face when it comes to issues of faith, individuality and tolerance.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
funny:

"Christian Doctor"
now thats an Oxy Moron
god sends you a fatal disease because he wants your company in heaven...
Doctor cures you,
well, maybe not...

America's Healthcare System is the Third Leading Cause of Death

www.health-care-reform.net...

its also possible god wants all americans to die broke...
( that would certainly explain things like Fucushima's imminent melt down upwind, and gulf war disease, Flouride, tylenol, and prozac)

I would think you might be better off with a good witch doctor, at least they don't have the confusion of vested and conflict of interests

edit on 21-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

as to firing the doctor for his religious views
how does he explain the rise of antibiotic resistant super bugs?
creationism?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join