It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive order 6102 - Gold Theft

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
We all know our population was sold snake oil when the gold standard was abandoned but many don't know about how bad it was even before it ever happened. The government was already stealing gold from the people. Check out executive order 6102.

Executive Order 6102 is an Executive Order signed on April 5, 1933, by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt "forbidding the Hoarding of Gold Coin, Gold Bullion, and Gold Certificates within the continental United States". The order criminalized the possession of monetary gold by any individual, partnership, association or corporation.

This was done under the guise of curing the great depression...

The order was rationalized on the grounds that hard times had caused "hoarding" of gold, stalling economic growth and making the depression worse.[1] The New York Times, on April 6, 1933 p. 16, wrote under the headline "Hoarding of Gold", "The Executive Order issued by the President yesterday amplifies and particularizes his earlier warnings against hoarding. On March 6, taking advantage of a wartime statute that had not been repealed, he forbade the hoarding 'of gold or silver coin or bullion or currency,' under penalty of $10,000 and/or up to five to ten years imprisonment.

Executive Order 6102 required all persons to deliver on or before May 1, 1933, all but a small amount of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates owned by them to the Federal Reserve, in exchange for $20.67 (equivalent to $371.10 today[3]) per troy ounce.

The price of gold from the Treasury for international transactions was thereafter raised to $35 an ounce ($587 in 2010 dollars). The resulting profit that the government realized funded the Exchange Stabilization Fund established by the Gold Reserve Act in 1934.

The government essentially stole the people's physical gold as well as there holdings of gold and made a killing off of their loot. I can't believe how long we have been getting jacked by the RED, WHITE and BLUE. It's always under the masks of fear and protection.

Wiki
edit on 1-5-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Everyone knows that FDR made Gold illegal to own and Americans were suppose to turn it in.

What most people don't know is that only 2 presidents have taken gold out of Fort Knox.

Johnson stole it and FDR.

Reagan tried to restore the Gold standard but had no success.

If i remember right.

edit on 1-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Wtf? This is actually real? I don't get how they forced people to turn in their gold for ~$20/troy ounce or face prison and then months later when the US government owned the gold they raised it's worth to ~$35/troy ounce. How weren't there riots in the streets?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Debwe

Yes it's real and people loved that messiah Roosevelt.

so much so they elected the dude to 4 terms.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Everyone knows that FDR made Gold illegal to own and Americans were suppose to turn it in.

What most people don't know is that only 2 presidents have taken gold out of Fort Knox.

Johnson stole it and FDR.

If i remember right.

I don't think "everyone" knows that FDR signed an order that allowed for the complete theft of gold from the American people which resulted in a government profit of almost of 2x the amount that was paid to the citizens less than a year before. I think a good portion of the ATS community knows that...but no, not everyone. I bet if you walked down the street in the US and told them about exec 6102 and/or it's circumstances...9/10 would be shocked to hear about it. (You overestimate the average citizens education)

You are right that less than a handful of presidents have publicly visited one of the gold holding sites(fort knox)...which puzzles me.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Yeah it is puzzling that to pay off debt presidents went to fort knox the only thing they do today is go visit China.

Second.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Epirus

Yeah it is puzzling that to pay off debt presidents went to fort knox the only thing they do today is go visit China.

Second.

Haha it's because they have successfully muted the majority of critical thinking from the population. We are born into a world we accept as the norm...it's okay son go watch some "Jersey Shore"...it's okay my wife go watch some "Real Housewives of the OC"...I'll be watching some nice NFL draft in the other room.

Most people don't care or know anything about the implications of the not having the gold standard or something to back the paper. They just want to cheer on "their" team or get mad at/love the people they envy on TV.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Debwe

Yes it's real and people loved that messiah Roosevelt.

so much so they elected the dude to 4 terms.

In my K-12 education I was always taught that Franklin Delano Roosevelt was a great president who led us through the darkness. I didn't ever learn about anything like this.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
That EO brings up another point.

How many people with money and gold at that time simply kept their coins ?

How many actually "bought" gold at the time (on the sly of course) ?

Especially the ones "in the know" about the price increase and future value.

Think about all those FDR backers and touters and trumpet sounders that got real rich from that deal.

Hmmm.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It's funny that governments and other organizations have been able to condition their people so well all throughout history. It takes many generations to pull something off like this. Gold is actually worth little and our money less yet. We buy property but in essence are only paying others for a lease title from the government. Nothing has any real value. Nothing but our families and our true friends. I guess that the saying "the devil would have you believe a lie" is pretty accurate. Not all deceit is a creation of evil though.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Think about all those FDR backers and touters and trumpet sounders that got real rich from that deal.

Hmmm.

Wow, they were sly like a fox...your avatar is fitting...haha sorry. Very good point, I hadn't even thought about that very important point. I was too busy thinking about how the people got jacked. Thank you for bringing that up!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
It's funny that governments and other organizations have been able to condition their people so well all throughout history. It takes many generations to pull something off like this. Gold is actually worth little and our money less yet. We buy property but in essence are only paying others for a lease title from the government. Nothing has any real value. Nothing but our families and our true friends. I guess that the saying "the devil would have you believe a lie" is pretty accurate. Not all deceit is a creation of evil though.

You are correct.

You should do some research on the history of the Rothchild family.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Hmmm.

I did some "google" research on the enforcement of this and it sounded pretty excessive, they didn't look the other way and pursued a lot of the gold owners with conviction. Do you think the friends of the politicians could have been "in the know" and prepared properly by "selling" and hiding the actually precious metal not in coin or paper represented form? Seems like a good point.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Many of the elite rich did not turn in there gold,
There were a few loopholes that they used.

Gold in the form of Jewelry, statues, rare coins ECT were exempt.

Many bronze statues were copied in gold then bronze plated then sometimes even covered with gold leaf.

Sometimes there were hidden in plain sight in the owners fancy homes

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Debwe

Hmmm.

I did some "google" research on the enforcement of this and it sounded pretty excessive, they didn't look the other way and pursued a lot of the gold owners with conviction. Do you think the friends of the politicians could have been "in the know" and prepared properly by "selling" and hiding the actually precious metal not in coin or paper represented form? Seems like a good point.

ANNED pointed out some ways above ^^^

Many simply hid coins and bullion and never turned it in.

I know someone who's Grandfather had $10,000 in $20 gold coins from the sale of some property before the confiscations. He never turned them in.

The family still has all 500 of those coins. No kidding. I have seen the things !

Some coins are now rare and worth quite a bit more than just the ounce of gold in the coin.
(The whole collection is appraised at around $6 million)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

FDR hated Wall Street pretty much the same recycled rhetoric we hear today.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And that was from the 1930's !!

Sounds real familiar.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Here's some info about FDR and the family past.

Franklin D. Roosevelt was born in Hyde Park, New York on January 30, 1882, the son of James Roosevelt and Sara Delano Roosevelt. Both were scions of wealthy families. His parents each in their own destinct way had a huge impact in molding their son's character. HPC and HBC biographies are largely short summaries of presidents and other important individuals. We do, however, atempt to look at the various individual's childhood in detail. An individual's character is formed in childhood. Often we can not unlock the family privacy to fully understand the dynamic involved. But with Franklin Roosevelt we know a great deal and the figure that emerges as the greatest figure in life is his mother Sarah. While Sarah may have caused Eleanor constant irritations, the American people can think this young mother for forming the boy who became president.

Franklin Roosevelt: Family
(Note: press "Cancel" when asked for password)

edit on May-02-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

If i remember right.

Not exactly.

He did indeed appoint a special "Gold Commission" to study the issue of monetary reform. But his commission was overwhelmingly packed with lifelong opponents of Gol

www.dailypaul.com...

www.rumormillnews.com...

Also, your timeline leaves out Nixon, who put the final nail in the gold coffin in 1971.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Debwe
Wtf? This is actually real? I don't get how they forced people to turn in their gold for ~$20/troy ounce or face prison and then months later when the US government owned the gold they raised it's worth to ~$35/troy ounce. How weren't there riots in the streets?

It was supposed to help the economy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join