It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for interpretation of a dream.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Hello ATS, This is my first thread and I am simply looking for someone who knows a thing or two about dreams and can interpret a dream I had a while back. If Im posting in the wrong place please feel free to remove it or let me know.

So I had this dream about 2 years ago yet I still remember it rather vividly. For the record, I had not yet began to look into anything alternative at that point. I had no belief in anything spiritual. This is all probably just random but it was so odd I felt I should share it to see if any psychologists could interpret its meaning, if it has one.

So my dream started with me in a jeep with some other people that I do not remember. I was in the passenger seat and someone else was driving. We were driving through some suburbs, not really sure where specifically. Now this is where it gets odd. While we were driving I had a velociraptor in my lap( or a dinosaur that is similar). The raptor was somewhat panicked so I tranqualized it with a needle. But when I did so the needle also peirced through the side of my finger. So I injected the raptor with the traquilizer through my finger. After that point there is a lapse in my memory.

The next thing I remember I was driving thtough winding forest roads. One road I remember incredibly vividly for some reason though I have never seen it in my life. It was a curve that went aover some flowing water that flowed into a river. The curve was a mud road and the water flowing over it made it seem very unstable. The mucd road connected to a larger road that was paved and we drove onto it and up a forest road. After that there was another lapse in my memory.

Next thing I remember I was at a house that was rather large and had a large overhang. My whole family was there even my Non-immediate family. I remember that at this place there was another raptor or similar dinosaur that was larger than the first. This raptor spoke to me, although I can not remember anything he said all I know is that he spoke to me and I could understand it. Then I was typing at a computer in a smaller guest shack apart from the main house. At this point I remember looking down to see my arm turning into a dinosaur one. I remember instantly thinking I had some how become infected when I injected the dinosaur with the tranuilizer. I could see what looked like a raptor arm was bursting from my normal arm. It was like it was coming out from within. And that was all I remember.

The reason I decided to post this is because At first I felt like it was significant for some reason. It was all so strange and all the places were so real looking, I remember them so vividly yet I have never been there in my life. I hadnt been exposed to anything to induce such strange thoughts either. Like it would make sense If I had just seen Jurassic park or something. But no It was just out the blue. Thanks for reading this far if you have. Any thoughts?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
My thought is: You must have A) just seen District 9 or B) Eaten something too rich before going to bed :-)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Babooshka77

Well I have seen District 9. But not before I had that dream.
When I did see District 9 it was kinda creepy lol. Trust me I have no illusion of this being some prophetic vision. However, I do believe that there is something to be learned from our dreams. Like all the stuff that happens is symbolic of something.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Maybe the dream is saying there are many roads you can take that may lead to instability. A change is coming and the water may represent a spiritual change.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Ok I can understand that. But why a dinosaur? Why such specific places? Its all just so confusing. Also when you use the word spiritual I dont really understand. For me spirit is that rhythm that takes hold when your are doing something. Anything from making music to playing football. It is a connection all things seem to share. I don't mean this in any religious way. Spirit is like when you get on a groove for me.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I also have interest in dreams, I had a dream which occured over a 3 night sequence, very vivid and real, i still remember the cold stale air, and smell of wrotten eggs. In the dream I was in an all white room about 10 x 20 with two doors on same side, I was sitting at a white desk and an elderly woman walks in looks like a nice school teacher, she walked around me from the right side placing her hand on my shoulder as she walked around, as soon as gets behind me a horrible odor takes over I can feel her digging her fingers in my back, as i turn to look at her on my left side her face distorts into a horribly scary looking figure and she or it sais I am AZAZEL and I wake up scared as hell, I had the dream on 3 consequtive nights to the point I was scared to sleep anymore. About a few year later was flipping the tv and came across a movie with denzel washington who i cant stand, and it was about a demon named azazel. I had the dream before movie came out so it freaked me out!!!!!! any suggestions????

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by griffithdiver

I always kinda thought demons where just the "gods" that didnt follow the main "god" and so they were slandered as demons. You know they were DEMONIZED by the main "god" so that if the "demon" tried to convince the people of something contrary to what the main "god" wanted then they would not be believed. So maybe this demon is really a good guy lol.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
my position is that dreams are a way one's subconscious communicates with one's intellectual self...

its most likely that you have some foreign virus/germ even a cancer floating around inside your body
that's the reason for the symbology of having a dinosaur arm transforming from your normal arm...
the communication is always symbolic or couched in metaphor, because that's how your subconscious works..

other variations call this activity your 'guardian Angel'
but it is just your own deeper self that is alerting your normal waking self that something is amiss with your body

go see a doctor, have blood tests perhaps, or get a trained eye to inspect your skin for abnormal moles. etc
a deeper investigation is definitely recommended

(perhaps go into trance or meditation to do a diagnosis for your self to be more precise about what the 'dream' is about...?what the raptor arm transformation really means) i.e.: melanoma or too many free radicals & your T-cells are being over whelmed perhaps ?
edit on 1-5-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Thank you I will be sure to do that. Honestly I have kind of been having these seizures. I was concerened at first because i thought i could have Parkinsons or something. But after i did some reading i realized that the exact seizures im having are usually caused by me not getting enough potassium and protein. Which instantly made sense because I am pretty poor and dont eat nearly enough. So perhaps that is what it was trying to say. I just got foodstamps so i should be able to take in way more food. Im 6 foot and weigh like 120-125.lol

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This isn't the type of dream that usually warrants "interpretation".

You had this dream two years ago. That will make it virtually impossible for you to figure out where the dream elements came from because you can't remember every single aspect of the preceeding 3 days to 2 weeks prior to the dream.

This dream is almost assuredly one of those common dreams where your mind mixes, mashes, rotates and re-mixes again - subconscious images, sounds and other senses from just prior to going to sleep ... to 3 days and sometimes up to two weeks prior to the dream.

You had either seen, or seen a commercial for Jurassic park (dinosaurs, jeeps, injections) or maybe something as simple as a fast food place's advertisement for a kiddie box with a Jurassic Park figure.

It could have been many other things besides Jurassic Park; but, the point is, dreams need to be associated in a more current time frame to fit the pieces together.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

I would totally agree but my experience has shown different. I have had dreams of things that, to put it simply I have never been exposed to because they dont exist. Also what of the places I saw? Why where they so detailed? I have definitely never seen them, yet I have a deep image of it in my mind.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Also by Jeep, I more meant like a modern Jeep brand SUV.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Also could you provide me with the criteria for a dream that does require interpretation?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Seeing a movie is like seeing it yourself. The movie had forests and one had a rain washout as well.

I do agree that we can see things we have never seen before. It's often because we take parts off of one piece and stick them on another piece.

Dreams are fascinating, fun stuff.

Analzying the dream two years later is like having remember everything you did, every minute of the preceeding days ... on a particular date, years and years ago.

Still sounds like you had a cool, fun, dream though! (The dinosaur dream, not the other one you mention later in the thread.)

Edit to add:

Oooops, the "other dream" mentioned in this thread wasn't yours. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, THAT'S the kind of dream that needs interpretation (by the dreamer).
edit on 1/5/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Thats true it did have a rainwash in it. However In my dream, It was not rainwash it was a waterfall. And it connected to like a residential forest road. Also I wrote down my dream at the time and drew a sketch of the road. You are probably right though. A little off the main topic but Im normally not violent at all and dont like violence at all. But for some reason I had a dream where I was chased down in a car and I had to fight these two people who were chasing me. I remember beating there heads in and fleeing away.It was so vivid and brutal. It was very dark stuff. When I woke up I felt horrible and disgusted for what I had dreamed of. I felt like a monster or some kinda sicko just for seeing it in such detail. Like my subconscious mind is a physcopath. It was nothing like me. I dont hunt, fish, i wont even kill a spider.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Why would that require interpretation over mine? Because he used a religious overtone its all of the sudden symbolic of something? Your kinda losing me lol.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by griffithdiver
I also have interest in dreams, I had a dream which occured over a 3 night sequence, very vivid and real, i still remember the cold stale air, and smell of wrotten eggs. In the dream I was in an all white room about 10 x 20 with two doors on same side, I was sitting at a white desk and an elderly woman walks in looks like a nice school teacher, she walked around me from the right side placing her hand on my shoulder as she walked around, as soon as gets behind me a horrible odor takes over I can feel her digging her fingers in my back, as i turn to look at her on my left side her face distorts into a horribly scary looking figure and she or it sais I am AZAZEL and I wake up scared as hell, I had the dream on 3 consequtive nights to the point I was scared to sleep anymore. About a few year later was flipping the tv and came across a movie with denzel washington who i cant stand, and it was about a demon named azazel. ... any suggestions????

when you say 'white room' i had something similar...
but it was a white domed space (like a football stadium with no seats)
and it ultimately represented my skull,
perhaps your 'room' is meaning your skull & the two side-by-side doors represent your eye sockets

my white dome experience had a reptile man fight me in a totally exhausting martial art combat for a long time so that i decided that only by blinding the reptile skin man could i defeat this foe/enemy..

a high pitched whistle of such intensity at a proper frequency was what shattered the reptile man's eyes like a hot marble thrown into cold water... his eyes became a maze of tiny fractures and he could not see where i was to continue his fighting...i just calmly walked away from this attacker

that vivid dream turned into a reality some years later when i had a brain hemorrhage near my brain stem..
the reptile man symbolized an aneurism in the Limbic region of my brain... the aneurism finally burst on 6 may 1997 and i'm still here -- but not kung fu fighting in the least

your dream might mean something similar... the location of the older woman and the stench are 'keys' to understanding the actual meaning of the 'attack' on your back & shoulders

sorry. can't be any more help
edit on 1-5-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Why is every interpretation a medical problem with you lol jk.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

... But for some reason I had a dream where I was chased down in a car and I had to fight these two people who were chasing me. I remember beating there heads in and fleeing away.It was so vivid and brutal. It was very dark stuff. When I woke up I felt horrible and disgusted for what I had dreamed of. I felt like a monster or some kinda sicko just for seeing it in such detail. Like my subconscious mind is a physcopath. It was nothing like me. I dont hunt, fish, i wont even kill a spider.

Now here's one where a dream analyst could help a dreamer analyze their dream. Oddly, in both dreams you mention and write about (OP and this one) ... you have already done the majority of the anaylzing yourself, correctly I might add ... but, you don't seem to like your own interpretations.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

So your saying Im correct in my assumptions of being a physcopath. I would never want to hurt another person. I just dont understand. Every day I struggle to understand things more. However, it seems the more I attempt to understand, the more i am confused. So many paths to go down. Well I thank you for your advice. I have so much to share with ATS. I just have no idea where to start

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join