It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm On Fire!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This particular incident happened about 10 years ago. I was outside gardening with a girlfriend when I was suddenly overtaken with a vision of myself completely engulfed in flame. I was standing there, not moving, but flames were coating my entire body. The vision lasted about three seconds before I returned to myself and continued gardening.

I didn't tell my girlfriend about it and my head started pounding. After about twenty minutes of dealing with an increasingly more painful headache I told her I was going to go inside and prep some lunch. She came in with me to grab a drink. I turned on the stove to begin cooking and told her about my vision in the garden. As she was taking a drink she suddenly spit it out and screamed that I had burst into flame. I looked around and down at myself and thought that she was joking with me. There were no flames. She continued screaming (about 10-15 seconds had gone by at this point) that my shirt was ablaze so I hastily took it off. My good shirt burned on the floor in front of me. She quickly ran over to me to inspect if my back was burnt or if I was hurt.

I hadn't even felt the flame, nor the heat. And when she touched my back - it was no warmer than it should have been. My shirt had, as I now suspect, caught fire on the element.

This isn't the first time I have been set on fire with no marks or increased skin temperature on the affected area. Maybe I should be a Hollywood stuntman.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexanderTurboLover

I dunno man.. Have you tried shouting "FLAME ON!!" yet?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Do you think it could be spontaneous human combustion?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by FenderWolf

Now that would be a good party trick!

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I was watching a episode of mythbusters on spontaneous combusting people. In it they seem to think it was certain fabrics and certain types fertilizers didn`t go well together.

So were you around any chemical while gardening? I can see that explaining some of the cases but not all of them.

That`s one way I don`t want to go is burning to death. Not good at all.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Sounds like an active imagination to me.
Either that or you are a member of Fantastic 4.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Connman

That's total BS. If you read any serious research about spontaneous human combustion (SHC), you'll find that the "wick theory" and other attempts to debunk the phenomenon have no real basis. The wick theory, e.g., has never been able to explain how people could burn to ashes -- including bones and teeth, which takes incredibly high temperatures -- but the chairs or beds they were on were barely singed.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexanderTurboLover

I have had something weird like that happen 1 time in the past 4 years. My head was hurting from being Telepathic. I went outside and just sat in the SUN. I held my head down and it turned into somekind of light or fire like and was going to keep going down on the rest of my body. It was like I was going to be turned into this light fire form and go into the Sun. I felt warm all over and afraid! I did not want to go! I stood up and attempted to shake myself out of whatever. I went back in the house and slept for hours!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Total BS? Really based on? Now if they claimed all or anything sure but the case I was referring to wasn`t all and I`m thinking it only dealt with clothing not the burning of flesh,teeth and bones. And the cases you seem to be referring to I couldn`t agree more on they didn`t touch with that theory.

I mentioned it only due to the fact it was clothing, added with the Gardening factor then being near the stove cooking.

I do know certain chemicals will do this and I also know Myth busters isn`t all it`s cracked up to be. For some reason they seem to lie when it comes to certain things. Like peeing on electric fences can`t shock you.

But no matter what it was that caused it very cool the OP had a vision just prior to it happening. Or is it power of the mind we need to look into here.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, YOUR SEX IS ON FIRE!!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
fuk only thing i could think of was god warning you not to goto hell and pray and be peaceful. he does stuff like that every now and then. not this specifically but stuff.

is your stove gas?

new topics

top topics

join