It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Have to agree with this. I'll never understand people that say to not think about reality. For me it has never been a two-way street. There's one way. Sometimes I wonder if we all came from a bigger place and that's why we have a thirst inside us. Somehow, we just know there's more to it than this. Or maybe it was because I was brought up as a christian and now i'm not. It's hard to say. But the questions about the universe and about existence haven't let up. In fact, they're getting stronger.

Saying that there's more to it doesn't mean we're wrong about things. I still believe in science. I still believe in hard work. I still believe in honesty. I still believe in love. But our reality is so small. We can be right and yet so wrong, you know? We're like ants that get along just fine in our ant hill but outside our ant hill we're hopeless to explain things or to participate functionally. Outside earth and our solar sytstem, there's a lot of mystery and the deeper out you go whether it's subatomic or cosmic you find that we're further and further away from grasping it. Just like ants.

The sun is a soccer ball and the earth is 'o' (on your screen). They're 60 feet from each other (roughly to scale). 3% of the sunlight that hits the earth could power the entire electrical grid. Look at the 'o' on you screen. Do you see a human on it? You'd need a microscope. And even knowing that hte sun and the earth are 60 feet from each other is only the beginning. The rest of the universe is thousands and millions and billions and trillions (and...) of miles away. We truly are like ants.

There're parts of me that also sometimes feel like I don't fit in here. Maybe it was christianity. It made you feel like this whole world was fake and sinful. I'm not sure what makes me feel it. Could be some of hte dreams I've had. Where I'm in space looking at an old relic. Aliens from billions of years ago. And then there're the things that're real now and hte things that were real in the past and going to be real in the future. My clothes don't feel right on me. I hatre how I smell. Lol. Anyway.
edit on 2-5-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottaknow
@IAmD1 and Summerbreeze.ddp:

Thanks for responding to my post - it's easy to be overlooked here sometimes. Just a little clarification. I believe we're not special in the individual ways that we see ourselves with our gigantic egos. People spend their entire lives believing they are special somehow - we want to be special and we're simply not because nothing else is either. As a whole, I seriously doubt the human race will make an iota of difference to this universe in 10,000 years so because of that, "WE" are not special as well. Life and consciousness in general is special as you say IAmD1, in the way that we do get this brief existence which is...endless possibilities and this is easily overlooked.

I actually used to be closer to your belief systems several years ago - grand consciousness, we are the creators, reincarnation etc. It's simply not true and it took some time to get here, but I'm happy I am. I'm actually quite embarrassed that I used to feel differently and am currently working on that because I know it's so easy to do. You want there to be more so badly. It would allow for fantastic journeys and unending consciousness. It's a beautiful dream - but it's not real. This is all we have and nothing goes beyond it. We're as un-special as the particles in the air you just breathed. It's not exactly sad either as Summer puts it. There's a let-down factor at first and some frustration as well as you realize you're running out of time. However, there's something of an amazing freedom that comes from it and the sadness comes from realizing just how many folks don't get that. With all that said, please, follow your journeys and believe whatever you can stand to believe as long as it doesn't bring harm.

And @HumansEh: Divine Junkies is an EXcellent band name!

And I disagree and say we are all special in exactly the special ways we think we are, however I agree that ego (our thought monitor process) does take i little too mujch credit for that specialness. There's no need for reincarnation, grand consciousness (in the way I am intuiting you mean) or any other idea of grandieur to make us special both as individuals and a collective. Being ordinary is special enough. However As I see with most people who go from one extreem to another (ideas wise) there always extreem langauge when making points, when in reality it isn't necessary. But I understand this to be something the mind requires in order to change it's foundation. (A persons world view being the foundation of that mind)
As for what I subscribe too. I subscribe to now. And I am happy with now, that is the whole point. This is what is, it can be nothing else and as such i am eternally happy that man has not made a difference, because to be honest it is fine as it is, and in our limited experience we would make a great mess out of trying to change anything (which is what I feel we are doing and exactly why we all feel we've had enough of our own species lol).

So whilst I have nothing against what you believe in terms of it being correct or not, I oppose myself to the negative connotations although I understand that you are trying to chock peoples consciousness into understanding. I for one am totally happy being no body, infact I find peace in being no one ..... despite what my profile name might suggest at first glance...but that is a different story

And I apologise in advance for sloppy writing but

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think we are an extension of one being of pure consciousness. It was decided by this being that it is better to exist than to not exist. Kind of like Shakespere's "To be or not to be, that is the question."

I believe this being had a desire for self knowledge and discovery and natural growth.

This pure desire to exist (or perhaps just the realization that its self does exist) gave birth to the ether from which all matter is born. I believe the theories of Dr. Paul LaViolette are on track. He believes we live in an "open system" of continuous creation which throws out the big bang theory. (He has done the subquantum kinetics physics formulas to back it up.) He says at the core of our galaxy is a very old, very dense Mother Star (Not a black hole) from which our galaxy (and all galaxies) formed starting with the creation of the first particle. His theory states that once matter has started forming its pace of formation increases. This eventually led to the creation of us. Having consciousness, we are beings that can also see that we exist and that it is better to exist than to not exist. We also strive for enlightenment and understanding of ourselves and the universe we inhabit.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1
This is how I see it beyond all the science of it all:

Who are we? Explorers
Of what? Existence
To what end? To be
How did we come to be? Through process
What is this all about? You
What are you? Everything you experience
What is the sky? You perception of limit
What is the universe? Your actual limit
How large is the universe? As large as your perception of it
What is time? Your measure of noticeable changes
What is size? A way for you to assess importance in relation to you
What contains our universe? Nothing
What is contained within the 'uni' verse? Everything
Are there other universes? Yes
What is the other universe? Nothing
What are multiverses? Containers of perception
Can the truth be discovered? Yes you are discovering it now
What is the biggest mystery? The one yet to be understood
What is the practical implication of all this?

Gave you a star because your post was so well thought out. And yet, you didn't quite get down to what we really are. Everything you listed is merely a veil to mask our true, terrible purpose. From farming to reaching for the furthest reaches of space, we are destroyers.

With every human endeavor, something is ruined. Want to farm? Well, first you have to cut down a forest. If we want to travel to the stars we have to suck the fossil fuels out of the earth or create nuclear energy that will leave radiactive waste. Home heating is good, but what do you use: wood, coal, electricity generated by a nuclear plant? Are you hungry, hey, go kill a cow or a chicken or a tomato. Doesn't matter what the food is, it gets destroyed when we eat it.

Funny how we can look at termites and say, "Termites are destroying my home!" Yeah, but all they know is, wood is food. They don't know they're destroying anything, but WE know. And yet, we can't see it in ourselves.

Destruction is our unconscious, involuntary goal; it's part of nature.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caroline13456
I think we are an extension of one being of pure consciousness.

When you say 'pure consciousness' are you implying a process of thought that has no energy source? 'Thought' has to have an energy source. It has to have a memory to retain those thoughts. It has to have pathways to formulate those thoughts. Everything I'm thinking right now is merely an output from my brain function. Just like if you shut off your computer, it won't throw anything (any thoughts) up on your monitor. If a brain dies it cannot produce thought, therefore thought stops.

My thought is to stop here.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This is what I wonder about all the time. I think we are constantly living and exploring with many of different lives and experiences. That's why we are here, is to just.... Experience life in another life and body. That's all there's to it. This stares blankly right in your face 24/7.

Your destiny: Live life however you want to the fullest until you die
Your fate: Death

Why do we look human? I believe that we are created and intellegently designed by a high evolved entity which some refer to as God. But I think more of an alien race created us. We are sent here to reproduce and live as a peaceful and loving civilization. Why here on Earth though? Because it's very habitable for us to survive on.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89
This is what I wonder about all the time. I think we are constantly living and exploring with many of different lives and experiences. That's why we are here, is to just.... Experience life in another life and body. That's all there's to it. This stares blankly right in your face 24/7.

Your destiny: Live life however you want to the fullest until you die
Your fate: Death

Why do we look human? I believe that we are created and intellegently designed by a high evolved entity which some refer to as God. But I think more of an alien race created us. We are sent here to reproduce and live as a peaceful and loving civilization. Why here on Earth though? Because it's very habitable for us to survive on.

Maybe 4.5 billion years ago the aliens saw how this planet was just the right distance from the sun. They sent ice meteors crashing down to provide water, then went about seeding organisms to grow life for them to manuiplate. Hey, it's better than believing some mystical being waved a magic wand and yelled, ABRACADABRA!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

There's no context to what is , whats are situatuion here, what is seperation? Its a big blob or something.

the sky is weird.

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I have a slightly more optimistic outlook than you do.

Humanity is at a point where we need to garnish the will to do the right things to keep us in Balance with this planet. In every closed system such as the Earth or say a Fish Tank...any lifeform that breeds to such an extent that it has an adverse effect on it's enviroment...such as in a Fish Tank...if there are too many Fish...the polution to the tank caused by the Fish excretions will make the water poisonous to the point that there will be a major Fish die off...until balance is restored.

This is what is currently going on with Humanity and the Earth except our excretions include C02 emmisions, Industrial Pollution, Dumping of our Trash directly into the oceans, pesticide and agricultural fertilizers that after heavy rains run into our rivers and eventually to the ocean which causes Algae Blooms and Red Tide as well as Coral Reef die offs and a short time ago...depletion of the Ozone layer which we relized was Mans fault and through certain steps...we have allowed the Ozone Layer to begin to repair itself.

We can still have the things we have grown accustomed to such as power and light and transportation as long as we do not allow those who profit on the sale of Fossil Fuels to suppress New and Green forms of energy production. We have the tech ...we just need the leadership to implement these new energy production methods.

A planned Solar Array for the Arizona or Nevada Desert areas that would be 50 miles by 50 miles in area...has the ability to supply 90% of all Electrical needs in the United States. Do you know why this program is not occuring? Enviromentalists...of all people...are concerned with the effect it will have on desert life.

Low Temp. Fusion is a reality...but is being held back. In the North East...a company developed a Solar Shingle for roofs that was cost effective and self heating as to melt any snow that built up on it. It could be placed on every home and generate more power than that home uses in a year and thus sell power back to the grid. A larger company bought them out. The cost has gone up by 1500% thus making these shingles no longer cost effective.

There are Secret U.S. Military Energy projects that have amazing results and civilian and commercial uses that could save us Billions in energy costs. Sadly...these projects are classified and this type of power generation could be used by other countries for purposes of war. But they are real....and we are at a tipping point....and it is time for us to relize how close to the edge we are.
Split Infinity

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
My clothes don't feel right on me. I hatre how I smell. Lol.

Take your next paycheque and go buy some clothes that fit + a pack of soap.

Problem solved

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Gave you a star because your post was so well thought out. And yet, you didn't quite get down to what we really are. Everything you listed is merely a veil to mask our true, terrible purpose. From farming to reaching for the furthest reaches of space, we are destroyers.

With every human endeavor, something is ruined. Want to farm? Well, first you have to cut down a forest. If we want to travel to the stars we have to suck the fossil fuels out of the earth or create nuclear energy that will leave radiactive waste. Home heating is good, but what do you use: wood, coal, electricity generated by a nuclear plant? Are you hungry, hey, go kill a cow or a chicken or a tomato. Doesn't matter what the food is, it gets destroyed when we eat it.

Funny how we can look at termites and say, "Termites are destroying my home!" Yeah, but all they know is, wood is food. They don't know they're destroying anything, but WE know. And yet, we can't see it in ourselves.

Destruction is our unconscious, involuntary goal; it's part of nature.

Thank you kindly for the star

Now let me see, nothing of what I said was to mask a thing, in essense i am saying you are what you experience. So in your experience we are terrible destroyers out to ruin everything for everyone. In my experience we are explorers on a quest to learn. Part of that learning is making misstakes, but what misstakes are really does depend on what the end goal is. For instance a parasites goal is to survive through a host. If it kills the host before reproducing and moving on to another host it has failed. However once it has reproduced and moved on the host might as well die as it serves no purpose to the parasite anymore. Is it wrong? Well who am I to say it is wrong. It is reality. Both the parasite and what it does is part of this life/existence and as such all I know is that it is best for me not to get a parasite and best for the parasite to get me. In essence what i see it that there is a balance to everything birth and death, creation and destruction ultimately you can not take anything away from the over all subtotal of everything. So really what is natural or un-natural, good or bad has much to do with perspective and less to do with actuality. And ultimately those judgements only reside in your mind. From the point of view of the over all balance I think what ever we do, or what ever happens to us as a species matters very little but at the same time it is essential that it does take place. Why? Because all of it is part of the movement/waveform/ripple/consciousness/expansion/God/ that is the now.

As for destruction.... is it really destroying or just changing shape/form? I think at worst we are lousy at focusing on what is best for us, at best we are excellent explorers.... now If natural selection would have it so that we became preservers as supposed to explorers then maybe balance to our echo system may be restored. If not then I am sure something else will take place, wether it be organic or inorganic in nature. Eventually one age will come grow flourish and eventually get saturated and slowly give way to another. From the perspective of the universe all of what happens is what is, there can be no other thing.

So knowing this, and knowing that my experience is wholy and completely dependent on how I process and add value judgement to events, I recognise that my time experiencing is best spent now accepting it as it is, as supposed to then, because then will never happen.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by jiggerj

I have a slightly more optimistic outlook than you do.

A planned Solar Array for the Arizona or Nevada Desert areas that would be 50 miles by 50 miles in area...has the ability to supply 90% of all Electrical needs in the United States. Do you know why this program is not occuring? Enviromentalists...of all people...are concerned with the effect it will have on desert life.

My post is not optimistic or pessimistic. It's just what we do. And, our denial comes across loud and clear when you consider the little critters in the desert as insignificant compared to our all-important need for electricity. Again, I'm not knocking your way of thinking because this human says, screw the critters. lol It's just what we do.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
OP.

There is no why.

There just is.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Now let me see, nothing of what I said was to mask a thing, in essense i am saying you are what you experience. So in your experience we are terrible destroyers out to ruin everything for everyone.

No no, that's not what I'm saying at all. YOU didn't mask anything while defining what this thread is asking (What are we?). We can experience anything we want, and enjoy the hell out of it, but it doesn't change the fact that something gets destroyed without us even thinking about it. We are not OUT to destroy, just as termites are not having secret meetings on how to attack a house. All termites know is that they're eating, but the end result is the house gets condemned. Destruction is the final outcome.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Now let me see, nothing of what I said was to mask a thing, in essense i am saying you are what you experience. So in your experience we are terrible destroyers out to ruin everything for everyone.

No no, that's not what I'm saying at all. YOU didn't mask anything while defining what this thread is asking (What are we?). We can experience anything we want, and enjoy the hell out of it, but it doesn't change the fact that something gets destroyed without us even thinking about it. We are not OUT to destroy, just as termites are not having secret meetings on how to attack a house. All termites know is that they're eating, but the end result is the house gets condemned. Destruction is the final outcome.

Nothing is destroyed. Only changed.

The universe does this naturally regardless.

Every smaller piece of the universe also reflects the actions (or characteristics) of the whole.
edit on 5-3-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

We are creators and destroyers,
no doubt about it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Nothing is destroyed. Only changed.

The universe does this naturally regardless.

Indeed that was my point entirely. Things are in constant flux with or without us. Although as reality would have it at this particular now it it with us.

How do you know what termites do and do not plot to do? We only assume what their awareness is like based on our own awareness. Based on their awareness it may be something entirely different that they are doing to wood.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
At the end of the day, not much really matters in the grand scheme of things, lets remind ourselves with a little Bill Hicks...

All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Warning: Positive '___' Story Included

YouTube - Bill Hicks Short

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

When you say 'pure consciousness' are you implying a process of thought that has no energy source? 'Thought' has to have an energy source. It has to have a memory to retain those thoughts. It has to have pathways to formulate those thoughts. Everything I'm thinking right now is merely an output from my brain function. Just like if you shut off your computer, it won't throw anything (any thoughts) up on your monitor. If a brain dies it cannot produce thought, therefore thought stops.

My thought is to stop here.

Yeah, this is some heavy stuff... I believe the pure consciousness itself IS the energy. It is becoming common belief among leading scientists that our thoughts are pure energy and that we actually create our physical reality. I personally believe we continue on in consciousness after our bodies die. Since everything in our reality seems to be cyclical I postulate that at some point we were one with the pure energy consciousness being, were separated as a way to learn and are moving slowly through many lives back toward unity with our creator in the pure light of glory and unimaginable perfection. I imagine after that we will have the choice and free will to begin a new learning adventure which would probably entail separation again. We do not die. It's all good and it just gets better.
Cheers.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Caroline13456

You'd probably enjoy Fred Alan Wolf's work if you haven't already heard of him

www.openexchange.org...

edit on 3-5-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join