It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If every energy spectrum is perceivable at once, what would reality look like?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
All of the various lights waves, ultraviolet, infrared, color spectrum, x-rays, gamma rays, microwaves, sound waves, radio waves, EMF, radiation, ect.

Any and all forms of known and unknown energy densities and vibrations...

If we could perceive it ALL at once, what would the world look like?

Would it be a big white vibrating light? Maybe so much going on that it appears black? Or is it similar to WMAP data? Has any research or work been done to address this topic?

Quite often I acknowledge that I am literally saturated and "swimming" in a huge mesh of variable energies, but I don't know if anyone has attempted to illustrate or describe it.

I'm sorry I have nothing to offer in regards to an answer, but maybe we can all learn and share together.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

i dont think you would see anything
what would a singularity look like?
there would be no reference points so there would be no distinguishing one thing from another
seeing everything would be the same as seeing nothing
edit on 28-4-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The body limits our perception of visible light.
Once outside the body, we can see the whole spectrum.

From my OBE experiences, it's sort of a choice as to what looks solid and what is transparent, though everything is transparent naturally. More vivid colors and more "friends" of ours can be seen once outside the body's firewalled perspective.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

i have always thought about this, i always fear it would be extremely overwhelming, but it would really depend on how much processing power you have going on in your mind.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Originally I had conceived, as you have, a total saturation; this is incorrect. I could get into the propagation of electromagnetic radiation and the human visible gamut but I will keep this as succinct as possible. The most basic but truthful explanation is that it is exactly what you see in front of your eyes at the very moment you read this. No doubt you understand fractals and all that jazz so just do some trickery in your mind and satisfy yourself that scale is nada and the truth is you are a collection of stars walking around. Yes as the great Carl Sagan said we are made of stardust but even more than that we are the stars.

Understand the explanation of the human visible gamut of the spectrum of EMR which you are viewing as you read this on the very monitor in front of you and it should become clear that if one accepts infinity or even better is willing to dismiss the issue of scale as purely perspective and not applicable here then it is not that large a leap to the conclusion that an arrangement of stars of certain compositions such that they reflect refract etc in the same manner as the "matter" which composes yourself now and well.... I ain't really interested in this topic so I'ma leave it here.

maybe this video will be of interest.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Blinding white light.

What else could you be able to see? The eye and brain would be overwhelmed with the amount of information, and would probably cause you to pass out.

IMHO

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

It depends on how the brain is going to interpret these new frequencies.
When we have images in other ranges (such as infrared for thermal imaging, or microwave for astronomical observations), we have to apply colours in the visible range to represent frequencies that would otherwise be invisible for us.

If this were a natural ability, the most likely result would be that the colours in our current visible range would be stretched to now represent the entire spectrum. For example:

Red would be radio waves.
Orange would be microwaves.
Yellow would be infrared.
Different shades of green/green-blue would be what we now call visible light.
Blue would be X-rays.
Violet would be gamma radiation.

Some of the consequences of this would be:

The hotter something is, the more yellow it would appear.
The sky would no longer be blue...rather, it would be red with all the radio waves floating around. There would be no trouble finding the best wireless service...just head for the darkest red.
Stars would still twinkle white, as most stars cover a broad range of the spectrum. The only difference is, they would be brighter. This includes the Sun, which might be too bright to even go outside.
People might actually look somewhat similar...just a little more yellow, not to mention green.
Everyday objects would be shades of green and yellow.
Nuclear tests and former nuclear test areas would glow purple.
Doctors offices would have a blue hue where X-rays are taken.

It would certainly be fun getting used to.
edit on 28-4-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'm with phantomjack. You'd see white, white everywhere. Just imagine tuning your eyes to the microwave background radiation. Aside a little variation here and there, everywhere you look seems identical. Now add another type of energy. It washes out some of the little variation that you saw before, but maybe some detail remains. Keep adding new energies and you'll end up seeing an homogeneous blur everywhere.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

If it weren't an ability we had naturally, then we would be blinded (not white light, though...our brain would have no register for these regions of the spectrum, so it would probably either be black or some form of optical static). Being blinded would probably happen so fast that the brain would likely not have to endure much, though the shock may be enough to make someone pass out.
It would definitely hurt. Having that much damage done to the eyes all at once...I imagine gouging your own eyes out would be the way to go.
edit on 28-4-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
NEW THEORY:

what if you could see EACH and every different "layer" but could switch between them like predator, whenever you liked?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

I'd do it!!

Right now!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Like a tie-dye.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
You would have different receivers for each range of frequencies.

Does sound get in the way of your sight?

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

. . .what would reality look like?

Here is an example, when you seen across the spectrum from radio to X-rays:
apod.nasa.gov...

Go there every day. . .for very nice pics:
apod.nasa.gov...

Blue skies.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Hmm ... perhaps it would look like ... exactly what you see now ...

Why can i not perceive air flow through sight ..... probably because air flow isn't perceivable without influences (dust , trees , water )

Reality would look like exactly what it does now , you perceive everything you are capable of perceiving without instruments and influences.

So do you mean what would a Fantasy look like? Anything you want.
edit on 4-5-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
you can make a helmet that changes the magnetic field to a certain frequency that is the same thing, your head is like in the spirit world

it is also way, way better than drugs

white light

new topics

top topics

join