It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do 2012 believers think that a new planet in the solar system would cause animal die offs?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
This has to be about as weird a notion as thinking that an object could sneak up on the Earth by moving directly towards the South Pole.

How is a new planet sized mass in the solar system going to kill?

Are the animals seeing this in the sky and dying of fright?
Is there supposed to be some change in the tides?
Are the electric universe believers claiming some form of electrocution?

How are the two supposed to be connected? I just don't get it. Anyone have an explanation to offer?
edit on 27-4-2012 by stereologist because: misspellings - bad me

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well if they believe the world will end in 2012 then they're already delusional, so who knows.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The Moon doesn't kill animals does it?

Why only animals? Why not plants?

Why only say birds and not the insects, mammals, fish, worms, reptiles, and other life in the area?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Why only say birds and not the insects, mammals, fish, worms, reptiles, and other life in the area?

There's really nothing to speculate about, it's all crap. The only affect it would have on earth is a slight gravitational pull depending on how big it's supposed to be, and how close it's supposed to be. This would not kill animals.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

How are the two supposed to be connected? I just don't get it.

No big wonder why you "don't get it" -- it's all bs.

You are trying to make sense out of something completely nonsensical.

Don't expect anything logical, provable, or credible from the 2012 crowd.

edit on 4/27/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Its not a weird notion really when you actually consider the facts. Let us consider the fact that scientists now believe that a huge planet exists on the edge of our solar system and the fact that the majority of solar systems appear to be binary systems. there is no reason why our system is not a binary system with a second sun that went supernova a couple of million years ago.

But that said, we are far more likely to kill ourselves with stupid technology like Nuclear power stations than a rouge body in the solar system.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

Its not a weird notion really when you actually consider the facts. Let us consider the fact that scientists now believe that a huge planet exists on the edge of our solar system and the fact that the majority of solar systems appear to be binary systems. there is no reason why our system is not a binary system with a second sun that went supernova a couple of million years ago.

But that said, we are far more likely to kill ourselves with stupid technology like Nuclear power stations than a rouge body in the solar system.

That's completely different to one sneaking up on us and killing animals.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
Well if they believe the world will end in 2012 then they're already delusional, so who knows.

Well, not exactly. Most of the 2012 believers talk about "big changes" on earth, a new level of conscience, a new dimension or similars. Even hollywoodean versions present a new civilization coming up from the ashes.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I don't know much about much but... The majority of animals that are dying off are sensitive to magnetic fields or something so with a huge mass of something coming in they speculate that it screws with their inner compass and birds/fish dont know whats up or down or left and right and they go to crushing depths in the oceans or fly straight down to the ground...Best cliff notes version I can give ya. Doesn't mean I believe it just what I've heard.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The short answer: Animal die offs can't be the result of a planet sneaking up on us. If a planet was sneaking up on us, we would have figured it out by now.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Its not a weird notion really when you actually consider the facts. Let us consider the fact that scientists now believe that a huge planet exists on the edge of our solar system and

No they don't!
Only people on conspiracy sites do.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Not true. At least not for our galaxy. In our galaxy current estimates place two thirds of all main-sequence stellar systems as being single, not binary.
Stellar Multiplicity and the Initial Mass Function: Most Stars are Single

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I think the Moon has a lot of different effects on our earth....the tides, gravitational pull...ect ect
Some say that the closer the moon is to our planet EQ can happen....

And...

Earth's Magnetic Fields May Be Causing Bird and Fish Die-Off

Read more at Suite101: Earth's Magnetic Fields May Be Causing Bird and Fish Die-Off | Suite101.com donna-pravel.suite101.com...

Large objects in our solar system effect us very much...it's a matter of physics.

Maybe most of you wouldn't b running your mouths had you done a simple thing called re-search...paying attention in school...instead of trying to make childish jokes and rolling your eyes at 2012... People think there may be a pole shif in 2012 ..and they've actually proven it has shifted ..... I wont tell you how much or how it happened, maybe you!ll look up the info on your own instead of embarrassing yourself.

edit on 27-4-2012 by tracehd1 because: Corr

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
fun game, create your own straw man and then spend post after post debunking it. What are you even talking about "2012 believers?" There is no such thing, there are people who have an opinion about what this period in consciousness is all about, and some INDIVIDUALS have some interesting ideas of what might or might not occur, but your "2012 believers" isn't real. You've created a group, which might consist of three or four people and attempted to make a policy driving force that must be stopped.

What is really fascinating is your odd effort to continuously debunk something you already don't believe in. The obsession with "all 2012 believers are stupid, wrong, morons who just don't understand anything" would be funny if it was so sad. Hours and hours, hundreds of posts, trying to convince people of something you already believe. Why? Go for a hike, learn piano, your views should be listed as a sticky on the 2012 forum: stereologist does not believe in 2012 and neither should you because he says so. This would free up so much more of your life.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

If you had researched your source you would see that it doesn't point to a connection between an encroaching extrasolar mass and shifts in the Earth's magnetic field. So yeah

The poles will shift at some point be it next year or 10,000 or 10,000,000 years from now, that is not what we're arguing. We're arguing that the belief that Nibiru would cause animal die offs is nonsensical.
edit on 27-4-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Maybe I'm being thick, but what does a huge planet 1/4 of a light year or further away kill animals?
How does being in a binary system kill animals?
How does a supernova a couple of million years ago kill animals now?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

So you think that changes to the magnetic field would explain this.

1. Can instruments see the change?
2. Why are only animals in a small affected?
3. If the field is strong enough to affect animals here on Earth, then wouldn't we see the effects of the field on the magnetosphere and more importantly on the path of solar wind going in directions other than towards the Earth?
4. Shouldn't such a strong magnetic field be detected by satellites orbiting Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Mercury?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

The Moon has been correlated with a few low intensity quakes. There is no correlation to strong quakes. No correlation has been found with the Sun and quakes.

People think there may be a pole shif in 2012 ..and they've actually proven it has shifted ..... I wont tell you how much or how it happened, maybe you!ll look up the info on your own instead of embarrassing yourself.

I think you are confusing a poleshift, a crustal event defined by Hancock, with a magnetic event. Ever since the magnetic poles were located, the position of the magnetic pole has been seen to wander.

So you think that the internal field of the Earth is the cause of the deaths. So why do so many people claim that animal die offs are an indication of a new planet in the solar system?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

fun game, create your own straw man and then spend post after post debunking it. What are you even talking about "2012 believers?" There is no such thing, there are people who have an opinion about what this period in consciousness is all about, and some INDIVIDUALS have some interesting ideas of what might or might not occur, but your "2012 believers" isn't real. You've created a group, which might consist of three or four people and attempted to make a policy driving force that must be stopped.

I referred to those that believe something special will happen in 2012 as 2012 believers. I really don't care what you think is an appropriate name. Why don't you suggest one.

What is really fascinating is your odd effort to continuously debunk something you already don't believe in. The obsession with "all 2012 believers are stupid, wrong, morons who just don't understand anything" would be funny if it was so sad. Hours and hours, hundreds of posts, trying to convince people of something you already believe. Why? Go for a hike, learn piano, your views should be listed as a sticky on the 2012 forum: stereologist does not believe in 2012 and neither should you because he says so. This would free up so much more of your life.

I am curious as to why people think that animals dying is indicative of a new planet.

Apparently you have nothing to say about the issue.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Never hear of tides? High especially?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join