It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you join alien society?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Would you join the Star Nation?

scenario;
Alien craft makes contact with us. There are many different kind of aliens, but they are united (Star Nation if you will). They apear to you and ask you if you want to come with them.
-------

Would you do that? Leave everything you know for the unknown?
What hobbies or job(s) or knowledge/expertice do you have to offer for work in SN (Star Nation)? Or would you rather learn and do something completly different than you do now?
Think you can handle the experience to share your thoughts and feelings without words?
Would you prefer to stay close to Earth or rather travel around and see other worlds with life?

To answer my own questions my reply is;

Yes I will leave all behind if I can't take them/it with me (family, art (books, music, film cd's).
Job; industry/warehouse. Hobbies; art (reading books, listening to music, seeing films), RPG's (the social online games, was playing Ultima online for 3 years, Everquest for 2 years, plus the Baldur's Gate, IWD, NWN games, and WotC's p&p games), space exploration, internet involvement. Probably have to learn to do something else to be of any use!?
Actually I would prefer to learn to do another line of work than what I do now. Hobbies; guess everyone love art, even in the SN.
Sharing thoughts and the soul? I'm aware it is done, but not experienced it. I might have trouble with controlling my thinking in some areas... I'm not married and have never had a partner so if I'm among human-looking folks noone can expect me not to look for a partner. Feelings being what they are and all that. I guess it would be up to 'them' to pretend not to notice... Gulp! In time it might work out all right.
There is not much that keeps me here. Of course I would miss family some times if they do not want to join the SN. I'd like to see other worlds. Would like to see how their money-free society works. And how the common folks are on such planets.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I would join!!!

What could I do... Hm... Well... Breeding experiments?

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Yeah I would join no problem, as long as I can take my Skynyrd and
Molly Hatchet CD's.

Breeding experiments sounds like a good incentive too

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghaele

scenario;
Alien craft makes contact with us. There are many different kind of aliens, but they are united (Star Nation if you will). They apear to you and ask you if you want to come with them.
-------

What hobbies or job(s) or knowledge/expertice do you have to offer for work in SN (Star Nation)? Or would you rather learn and do something completly different than you do now?
Think you can handle the experience to share your thoughts and feelings without words?
Would you prefer to stay close to Earth or rather travel around and see other worlds with life?

Yes I will leave all behind if I can't take them/it with me (family, art (books, music, film cd's).
Job; industry/warehouse. Hobbies; art (reading books, listening to music, seeing films), RPG's (the social online games, was playing Ultima online for 3 years, Everquest for 2 years, plus the Baldur's Gate, IWD, NWN games, and WotC's p&p games), space exploration, internet involvement. Probably have to learn to do something else to be of any use!?
Actually I would prefer to learn to do another line of work than what I do now. Hobbies; guess everyone love art, even in the SN.
Sharing thoughts and the soul? I'm aware it is done, but not experienced it. I might have trouble with controlling my thinking in some areas... I'm not married and have never had a partner so if I'm among human-looking folks noone can expect me not to look for a partner. Feelings being what they are and all that. I guess it would be up to 'them' to pretend not to notice... Gulp! In time it might work out all right.
There is not much that keeps me here. Of course I would miss family some times if they do not want to join the SN. I'd like to see other worlds. Would like to see how their money-free society works. And how the common folks are on such planets.

As I am English, I would comfortably say that I would not join anything unless it can be shown to be advantagious on both sides. If not then what would infact happen is you/we would be signing yourselves over into slavery.

I would rather Fight and die than give up my right to choose for myself.

Tim.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
so what your saying is that you want a bunch of hero like aliens to travel light years to come and rescue you from your own problems... youve even added the free sex in there too lmao.

i got to agree with tim, whats in it for them.
Your assuming they are benevolent and there are not laws in place to stop them from taking you outright (sort of like a intergalatic gov that considers earth primitive kind of thing). They could be criminals, a hive mind race, or turn you into slaves.
Your also assuming they dont use money in their societies, or they have homeplanets to go back to .

your also assuming they wont chip you , misuse your psych powers (if they exist) , or bring you along as a circus....

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I would join if I could take my girlfriend with me.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkFlame

hahaha hmmmm who is your girlfriend?

Angelina Jolie?? (You wish lol)

All the best,

Tim,

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Hobbies; art (reading books, listening to music, seeing films), RPG's (the social online games, was playing Ultima online for 3 years, Everquest for 2 years, plus the Baldur's Gate, IWD, NWN games, and WotC's p&p games),

Hence the reason you've never had a partner or married.

Good God man go interact with real people.

I've seen people who live your lifestyle, it was to the point if they went outside the sun would of caught thier hair on fire from the grease.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
In short, no.

Even if you survived the initial shock of living through encountering an extra-terrestrial, let alone space travel, you would never be able to realistically become acclaimated to their society and culture. Now, to look at it in a different light, if some kind of interaction was publicly founded between an other-worldly race, and it didn't involve leaving behind my family and those i love, i would be all about alien human interaction. No matter how great the "is life out there" mystery is, aliens still aren't worth leaving behind those close to my heart.

[edit on 28-9-2004 by goregrinder]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I would join without thinking twice about it!...

what would i do? well as i am an engineer here i am sure i would be usefull in some way or the other. Otherwise i would make silly contraptions and just entertain people(Oops.. they are not people, well whatever the hell they are called:lol

If i could i would join a exploration party and set off to see all that i could.
Sharing thoughts would pose a problem ......But they would have to communicate with me in some way to extend an invitation to join SN and i would communicate with them in hte same way.
I'am sick of the earth and its lame excuses for a perfect life. Hey hte grass is always greener on the other side-- what if they don't have grass??
Anyway what ever they have must be greener than the grass here!!..

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
You should consider first as said before which species you would go to. With some you could be content but on the whole as the saying goes you don't know what you have until it is gone. Earth is unique I wouldn't give up my family for anything love and emotions are something I think we take for granted. No matter how good or bad you have it here I believe we all have a good thing going for us. We make our life what it is.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Sorry, wouldn't go. I am a very happy person. I have a beautiful wife and newborn son that I wouldn't trade for all the galactic adventures in the world.

But, let's say that I could take a trip around the galaxy for a few months with the alien nation and come back to my life...well, then I'm in

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Seeing how nobody would care if I left this planet or not, I'd join in a heartbeat but ONLY if I could take my lil' digi-cam with me.. my... my... preccioouuss....

Seriously I would.

What I'd have to offer:
- knowledge and ability to create photo realistic graphics, through various means. (photomanips, 2D/3D rendering, painting, etc.. Wohoo! Filtering stuff for the government's benefit should be fun! *erases a few UFOs on this beach photo here, replaces a few grays under the palm trees with wonderful women nyaahh aaand add a neat lil' fluffy wuffy cloud over one gigantic alien mother ship over nyaa... There we go.*)
- I CAN COOK... Yes. I'd make the best alien Fblahg-dish you would ever taste! Our spices will implode your human senses!

- Spend a few months asking these aliens a few questions about their role with mankind in ancient times if any and gather all sorts of E.T. knowledge... Must.. become... smarter...

So to sum it up: A nice vacation in space for a few decades, a lil job which I find �fun� (digital imagery or researching alien cultures) and a peaceful chat with aliens.

[edit on 28-9-2004 by Adregalus]

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
merka:
I would join!!!
What could I do... Hm... Well... Breeding experiments?
-----------

breed.... hi hi
Are you sure that is all you want to do? :?

madhatter
Yeah I would join no problem, as long as I can take my Skynyrd and Molly Hatchet CD's.
Breeding experiments sounds like a good incentive too
------------

tim_uk74

As I am English, I would comfortably say that I would not join anything unless it can be shown to be advantagious on both sides. If not then what would infact happen is you/we would be signing yourselves over into slavery.
I would rather Fight and die than give up my right to choose for myself.
------------

And tea at 5?
Free will seems to be one of the things our guests value.

NuTroll

so what your saying is that you want a bunch of hero like aliens to travel light years to come and rescue you from your
own problems... youve even added the free sex in there too lmao.
i got to agree with tim, whats in it for them.
Your assuming they are benevolent and there are not laws in place to stop them from taking you outright (sort of like
a intergalatic gov that considers earth primitive kind of thing). They could be criminals, a hive mind race, or turn you
into slaves.
Your also assuming they dont use money in their societies, or they have homeplanets to go back to .
your also assuming they wont chip you , misuse your psych powers (if they exist) , or bring you along as a circus....
------------

Travel around the galaxy isn't a problem when one have instant travel as one of the options.
lol. There have been opportunities but I am a shy person in the extreme... And I don't view it as a problem

They have laws yes. Their society is different than ours, it's more free and social than ours. A hive mind would'nt worry me.
Yes I do assume those things. All things point toward them being as I assume.

TheDarkFlame

-----------------

Great! Nothing kan separate friends!

rancid1

Hence the reason you've never had a partner or married.
Good God man go interact with real people.
I've seen people who live your lifestyle, it was to the point if they went outside the sun would of caught thier hair on fire from the grease.
--------------------

There have been opportunities, but I did not take them.
So people one write with is not real? Ha ha.
Oh well, one must do what one must :-/

goregrinder

In short, no.
Even if you survived the initial shock of living through encountering an extra-terrestrial, let alone space travel, you would never be able to realistically become acclaimated to their society and culture. Now, to look at it in a different light, if some kind of interaction was publicly founded between an other-worldly race, and it didn't involve leaving behind my family and those i love, i would be all about alien human interaction. No matter how great the "is life out there" mystery is, aliens still aren't worth leaving behind those close to my heart.
-----------------

That was short.
Once social network is more important than most thing and your place in life is on earth with your friends! Good that not all want to leave for the unknown...

IAF101

I would join without thinking twice about it!...
what would i do? well as i am an engineer here i am sure i would be usefull in some way or the other. Otherwise i would make silly contraptions and just entertain people(Oops.. they are not people, well whatever the hell they are called:lol
If i could i would join a exploration party and set off to see all that i could.
Sharing thoughts would pose a problem ......But they would have to communicate with me in some way to extend an invitation to join SN and i would communicate with them in hte same way.
I'am sick of the earth and its lame excuses for a perfect life. Hey hte grass is always greener on the other side-- what if they don't have grass??
Anyway what ever they have must be greener than the grass here!!..
-----------------------------------------

You certanly have made up your mind! Thats great!
I do call them all for people. It does not matter what planet one is born in, not for me anyway. Human is something else...
Yupp. Only one way to find out the color of the grass! :p

observe50
You should consider first as said before which species you would go to. With some you could be content but on the whole as the saying goes you don't know what you have until it is gone. Earth is unique I wouldn't give up my family for anything love and emotions are something I think we take for granted. No matter how good or bad you have it here I believe we all have a good thing going for us. We make our life what it is.

------------------

Agree

mpeake
Sorry, wouldn't go. I am a very happy person. I have a beautiful wife and newborn son that I wouldn't trade for all the galactic adventures in the world.
But, let's say that I could take a trip around the galaxy for a few months with the alien nation and come back to my life...well, then I'm in
-----------------------

Congratulations! I am SO happy for you!
Yes, a vacation from earth for a time also sounds interesting! Did not think of that!

Adregalus

Seeing how nobody would care if I left this planet or not, I'd join in a heartbeat but ONLY if I could take my lil' digi-cam with me.. my... my... preccioouuss....
Seriously I would.
What I'd have to offer:
- knowledge and ability to create photo realistic graphics, through various means. (photomanips, 2D/3D rendering, painting, etc.. Wohoo! Filtering stuff for the government's benefit should be fun! *erases a few UFOs on this beach photo here, replaces a few grays under the palm trees with wonderful women nyaahh aaand add a neat lil' fluffy wuffy cloud over one gigantic alien mother ship over nyaa... There we go.*)
- I CAN COOK... Yes. I'd make the best alien Fblahg-dish you would ever taste! Our spices will implode your human senses!
- Spend a few months asking these aliens a few questions about their role with mankind in ancient times if any and gather all sorts of E.T. knowledge... Must.. become... smarter...

So to sum it up: A nice vacation in space for a few decades, a lil job which I find �fun� (digital imagery or researching alien cultures) and a peaceful chat with aliens
----------------
lol
Ah, an artist! And cook! We certanly would have to abduct you as one with your talents are needed at the mothership kanteena! The current shief isn't any good; it's hard to eat anything when one always must run after the fleeing, green stuff wich often escapes from the plate. Hey, you try to eat there! You'll see it isn't easy!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I would be a talk-show guest on alien talk-shows

I would philosophise about how my ancient civilization was oh-so-much more spiritually attuned than their post-industrial, ultra clean, jumpsuit wearing lifestyle. Their musicians would flock to me as the latest craze and critique of their mechanically advanced yet emotionally sterile culture.

I'd sell 'em lava lamps and jacuzzis as meditational aids

Alien kids would put stickers of me on their skateboards.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

scenario;
-------

no I like earth just the way it is

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Would I go? There is a lot to learn and experience on Earth, before I go to another planet.

What do we have to offer to the aliens? All our knowledge, techology and skills would be inadquate to them. What we could contribute, is our culture, our memories and experiences, something that is only uniquely ours.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

I would be a talk-show guest on alien talk-shows

I would philosophise about how my ancient civilization was oh-so-much more spiritually attuned than their post-industrial, ultra clean, jumpsuit wearing lifestyle. Their musicians would flock to me as the latest craze and critique of their mechanically advanced yet emotionally sterile culture.

I'd sell 'em lava lamps and jacuzzis as meditational aids

Alien kids would put stickers of me on their skateboards.

I bow to your Wit, That was phenomenal!

In short, Yes I would Join too. I lack the experiences that I crave, and seeing the universe, while learning about other cultures would fascinate me to no end. I also think I might make a great diplomat. Maybe they can experiment on my Male Pattern Baldness, and cure that, hehe.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Even though i have alot to live for here, i would never pass up the opportunity to see the universe, i would like to be able to re-visit earth every so often, but if it is not possible i would make my farewells and off i go...

I have very good communication and people skills and been told i am very diplomatic... I am a musician and generally a very friendly person...

I would love to learn new skills and try new experiences (as i am soon to be taking flight lessons, i would love to pilot a spacecraft)... If I could take things with me i would take my guitar (and its accessories), and some selct friends who would want to come, and anyone in my family who would like to join me...

I would miss earth but to see the universe is my ultimate goal... even if i cant go into deep space, before i die i will venture into space, even if its as a paying tourist

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
I also think I might make a great diplomat. Maybe they can experiment on my Male Pattern Baldness, and cure that, hehe.

-ADHDsux4me

Sorry. That job is taken by The Donald.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join