It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is watching RT a guilty pleasure for you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
When I was a kid we were always in fear of a nuclear armagedon coming from the USSR and im sure they were from the US. Now flash forward 30 years and the Russians have a new's channel in america amazing!!! I do notice its a bit harsh on american policy but isnt that what the press is supposed to do question authority? Its pretty sad when you want to look at news about the world you have to click on a russian station. The MSM in america is terrible and mostly fluff pieces no more hard hitting new or good journalism. We have 4-5 weeks of trayvon one kid died yes its tragic but to cover this for 4-5 weeks, when thousand are dieing in Syria and other places. NK firing long range missiles and threating to destroy america in 4 mins and nothing on the MSM. IMF basically trying to rape the poor country's in Europe and what we get here from the MSM is a gaff Romney or Biden said.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pez1975
NK firing long range missiles and threating to destroy america in 4 mins and nothing on the MSM.

I do agree that the MSM has it's own agendas and fills up airtime with nonsense.
The whole "NK" thing has been covered though, just not as much.
I personally don't bother watching the news anymore. Including RT.
I surf the web for most of my info.
edit on 26-4-2012 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

RT is a vital news source these days.
Like any media outlet in the world today it has fact and opinion.
The good thing is that RT backs its opinions up with fact, and tries to show you both sides of the story.
It also goes deeper into stories, looks at stories from different angles and covers stories that the western media wouldn't dare touch.

To watch western media you need to be able to differentiate between fact and opinion, if you cant do that you are getting mislead.
A lot of the time you need to do the same with RT but it feels a lot easier, like they aren't trying hard to mislead you.

When I read RT I feel a sense of dignity I do not get with western media, they are honest and genuine.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You have to be careful of what you believe on RT. Just like any news site there is going to be sensationalism. Sometimes RT is even more guilty at it than other MSM outlet.

new topics

top topics

join