It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect: I attacked white teen because I am angry about Trayvon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
./cough
Lack of motivating structure to society, as a whole.
/cough

Money, economics, jobs, general condition of the country, social engineering, etc.

All play a role in the social unrest we are just starting to see explode all over.

Race is the single, most easiest spot to exploit to get people to shift their focus from what they might normally pay attention too.

Yes, profiling can keep you safe..

Your personal safety is YOUR responsibility, and your responsibility alone.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

If they are coming after me... ALL OF THEM!

JT

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If said teen is not prosecuted for a "hate crime", then the statute needs to be revoked. It should not exist anyway since it embodies "thought crime"

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by GuidedKill

I don't agree with you totally.... They are still young, it seems pretty unfair to arbitrarily deem them unworthy, lock them up and throw away the key. Misguided, misled, and gullible, absolutely. Unreachable, and unteachable, I wouldn't go that far.
They showed themselves unworthy of living with civilized people. As soon as the first one touched me, there would have been bullets flying.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
Profiling will give you an ulcer.The current style is to emulate the "Gagsta" BS.I see all kinds of skinned people proudly displaying their underwear usually wearing a cockeyed ball cap.Making signs with the hands is rampant.Which ones are legit threats?
edit on 26-4-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: finished point
I disagree. Profiling will keep you alive. Grandma is unlikely to attack you, and the guy in the three piece suit is only slightly more likely to do so. The punk with his pants around his rear end, backwards hat, gold teeth, with gangsta rap blaring gets a much longer second look. It is called threat assessment. No ulcers here and I sleep peacefully at night.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is very sad. There is going to be people getting attacked for years over this!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I waiting on Obama to hold a press conference on this incident in which he will say "If I have a son, he'd look just like these 2 racist idiots."
edit on 26-4-2012 by KnightFire because: typo

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think the whole "I did it because of Trayvon" thing is just a lame excuse they came up with after the fact to try to cash in on whatever sympathy they could get to mitigate their punishment. More bottom feeders trying to profit in some way from someone else's tragedy.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Just out of interest for a previous thread...

There was a user who is a known advocate for the Zimmerman case who claimed that a 40 year old was attacked by a group of black people, and which was apparently justified in the assailants' eyes by one member saying, "Now that's justic for Trayvon."

Users here declared it hearsay, but according to the article provided in this thread:

On Saturday night, a white man was beaten by a throng of African-Americans in Mobile, Ala., after telling a group of children to stop playing basketball in the middle of a street -- with one witness claiming she heard an assailant exclaim, "Now that's justice for Trayvon," WKRG -TV reported.

Hearsay is not normally reported multiple times unless the article is clearly biased...and I don't see any such lean in the concerned report. Therefore, there might be a little more to the claim than ATS thinks. I don't know, I wasn't there...doesn't mean we should discount the perspective.

Just thought I'd point it out.

As a brief note, is anyone else wondering about this racism case being a distraction from something the government or justice system doesn't want us seeing? Maybe this is a diversion....a thought that crossed my mind while typing this. It's certainly plausible, even if only momentarily.

Wouldn't put it past them. Would you?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
At least hes being charged with a hate crime... and with the right judge he wont see the light of day or freedom the rest of his life

maybe that will shape some people up... At least the politics werent involved with this...

How's Sharpton going to justify this one?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

They don't send people away for life for these kind of actions. 50 years, maybe...but not life. If he's really nice, he might get parole.

Hell, I'd say it would do him good to meet Zimmerman behind bars...get all of his frustrations out and die a happy, condemned man.

But that's just me.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Yeah 50 years is still a long time (and these days it might be a lifetime sentence)

I completely agree... He should take his anger out on the guy who did NOTHING to him or his friends or family

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I like how the accused suspect is making himself out to be the victim. He just "HAD" to rob the other person. Give me a break! It's not his fault he made such a stupid decision.....it's society's right?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
If said teen is not prosecuted for a "hate crime", then the statute needs to be revoked. It should not exist anyway since it embodies "thought crime"

I agree hate crime legislation must be thrown out since it is useless and unconstitutional.

If you mug someone and rob them, that's assault and robbery. No need to tag on a fake crime to make it sound worse.

There are already existing laws against random assaults or random robberies, there is no actual need for hate crime legislation. Essentially "hate crimes" serve the purpose of hitting offenders with additional charges and extending their incarcerations, ala double jeopardy except that you are being charged twice for the same crime at the same time rather than later on down the line.

I deplore hate crime legislation and would love to see it thrown in the garbage bin where it belongs.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

I like how the accused suspect is making himself out to be the victim. He just "HAD" to rob the other person. Give me a break! It's not his fault he made such a stupid decision.....it's society's right?

Well technically the mainstream media did promote his actions through veiled suggestions and implications throughout their programming recently.

So if there is a co-defendant I would have to name the main media corporations that turned the whole situation into a debacle in the first place.

They were planting seeds, and now we have our first harvest.

They were "abetting" the crime, essentially encouraging and supporting a "reaction".
We should still charge these kids with their crimes, but I would love to see someone file suit against the media conglomerates and force them to pay for this too.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Apples to oranges........ Shooting in self defense is one thing. Imprisoning a youngster for 50 years for(I am assuming here) a first offense is a totally different thing.....

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I wonder if he boy or his parents like to go to websites like blacknews.com...
because caucasions dont have a website called whitenews.com
and dont tell me every news channel is for whites when they have black newscasters and also feature articles on blacks.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

This is the third one in the news I think. First an old man was beat for trayvon, then that guy was beat by a group and put in critical condition, and now this one.

If I didn't think it sounded completely crazy I would maybe think the media was trying to create a massive racial divide. I won't say a race war because I don't see that ever happening, but maybe a kind of underground battle between racists from both groups. It is the fault of both sides though. Black people have been just as unwilling to move away from the past (maybe even more so in some ways) than white people, and of course with white people there are still prejudices here and there, and then more that have arisen since forced political correctness and the sense that they are punished and judged by the misdeeds of their ancestors.

It was ripe for the exploiting just needed the right catalysts. A peruvian of course.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
So!
They have a new race card to play when busted for a violent mugging, now.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I still think we should build a huge fence in the desert. Then round up all these racists like NBP, KKK, etc, lock them in the cage and let them fight it out for their racial superiority. Once there is only one group left, we declare them the winner, then unleash some wolves and tigers on them to clean up the rest of the mess. Air it on PPV

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join