It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious Handshake?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
From my youth, I recall the handshake where someone who had the hots for you would fold in their middle finger as they shook hands, not that this was ever a practice of mine. I have aged far beyond such juvenilia, but over the last few years I have shaken hands with males who fold in a pinky or perhaps the ring finger and pinky, as they shake hands. I don't believe that I am attractive enough to be having homosexuals coming on to me, so what's the deal? Are these men Masons or members of some other secret society? I have to admit that I am always afraid to ask and if I ever see these folks again, I never bring it up.

[edit on 04/9/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
umm..are they rubbing their finger back and forth over the palm of your hand? maybe they are homosexuals hitting on you!!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Do they just do it the first time they meet you or do they do it every time they shake your hand?

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
hmmm... I know that the Scout Organizations (OA, BSA, GSA, etc. ) all use funky handshakes and I have had to use quite a bit of them since coming close to getting Eagle. But from what I can tell you people dont do their secret handshakes to non members unless they are inviting you in. So I think honestly mate someone is just screwing with your mind.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
umm..are they rubbing their finger back and forth over the palm of your hand? maybe they are homosexuals hitting on you!!!!

No. I am well aware of this mannerism. It is a simple folding in of one or two of the third and forth digits. The one individual who did this to me whom I have seen subsequently has never repeated it. He is a Vietnamese man who manages a local restaurant. I have eaten there many times and have come to know him quite well. I am certain that he is not homosexual as he is married and is a very honorable man. But, I prefer not to question him about this practice. I'm not really interested in whatever it is.

It has happened twice in the last few months. Once with a fellow who works at Kinko's who helped me with some faxing and other duties and the phone man who repaired my phone recently.

In this circumstance, I just figure it's best to play dumb.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
yeah thatd be a good idea but if they try to get you into doing any funky stuff let your buddies at ATS be the first ones to know lol

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I am a master mason, and active in the York Rite. Doesn't sound like any form of secret handshake I'm familiar with.

Had these guys had dirty hands? Or a recent cast on one arm?

I know I hate it when someone grabs my hand to shake it before I am ready, and they get you in that power tripping, death grip and squeeeze.....

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
I am a master mason, and active in the York Rite. Doesn't sound like any form of secret handshake I'm familiar with.

Well, I guess I can exclude the masons and if it isn't the masons, I don't think I want to know what it is.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Sad to say, in this day and age we need a handbook to figure it out. I know I am somewhat old fashioned but what happened to just shaking someone's hand.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:00 AM
link   
www.ephesians5-11.org...

Here are some handshakes. Try those on him and see what he does!

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I think someone likes you

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
You're probably right. That's why it's probably the right thing to do to act the part of the clueless hayseed. My Southern Baptist heritage and my peasant-stock features have always served me well, when it is best to be assumed "impaired."

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I believe that is the secret gay handshake of the brotherhood of the phoenix .. Yikes I would not want to witness their rituals!

www.brotherhoodofthephoenix.org...

I don't know about this picture but either way it's funny

[edit on 13-3-2007 by PowerToThePeople]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by PowerToThePeople
I believe that is the secret gay handshake of the brotherhood of the phoenix .. Yikes I would not want to witness their rituals!

Me either !

I wonder if the members have to burn themselves up.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Appak

Originally posted by PowerToThePeople

Me either !

I wonder if the members have to burn themselves up.

Why would you wonder such a thing sir? Is it because they call thwemselves the Phoenix Brotherhood?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voyager1
Why would you wonder such a thing sir? Is it because they call thwemselves the Phoenix Brotherhood?

It was a JOKE, sir.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by Appak]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Oh goodness, did you read some of that website? "The Queer God", "Gay Neo-Paganism"....if you go to "About the Brotherhood" there is some curious information about the purpose of the order.

I did not know homosexuals had a god, or mystery schools for that matter...very curious, and a little disturbing. Just the thought of two men being physically intimate makes my stomach turn.

I'm not homophobic, and do not hate gays. But I don't condone homosexuality either.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Or perhaps you're in denial and going a bit pink.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Maybe the guy has arthritis or something wrong with his hands or fingers that makes his handshake funny.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Grady, back in my fraternity days each house had their own handshake and they were all very similar, with the pinky folding or crossing the pinkies while shaking hands

might be a frat shake

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join