It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brutal mob beating & Stun gunning of customer at APPLEBEEs restaurant - Seneca, NY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

- victim exiting Applebee;s was jumped by mob of 15-20 thugs

- Applebee's customer witnessed and called 911

- when Police finally arrived, man was found lying face-down on the ground, and severely beaten

this goes to show in an emergency, Police do not always arrive in time to intervene. the victim was already severely beaten, stunned with an illegal weapon and the assailants had fled the scene.

they apprehended 6 of the suspects... guess that's not bad?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The police do not have any obligation to "protect" citizen, they are law enforcement officers, they enforce laws, not protect.

Theres been court cases on the matter, and they always show no obligation to protect.
edit on 25-4-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
of course they don't protect..

i said they did not arrive in time to intervene.

police are law enforcement?

never heard that before, wow.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
tvtropes.org...

reply to post by benrl

Your dead wrong. Their job is "to serve and protect".

edit on 25-4-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Their job title is to serve and protect, Their job is to react to crime and catch the guys who did it, not prevent it or get there in time to intervene. I know...it sucks..but the courts have definitely said so and it was a part of my CCW class, if nothing else. They were clear on that for the rationale on why the permits are so critical to consider a 24/7 change of lifestyle, not just a license to carry something once in a great while or special occasions.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
hmmm... i sense semantics.. over the premise cops aren't suppose to respond to "intervene" a crime in progress, but wait till it happens and prosecute/enforce.

lol.

a woman is being raped and police arrive too early - they stand and watch and wait for the rapists to finish up before they enforce the law.

sheesh.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
stunned with an illegal weapon?!? what nonsense is that?

You can buy stun guns at walmart

heck my local dollar store sells stun guns and crap as personal security next to the mace, I got a cheap one for 49.99 supposedly 200K volts at Dollar General last year uses 9 volt batteries.

they arent illegal, especially if sold at a freaking dollar store

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Their job title is to serve and protect, Their job is to react to crime and catch the guys who did it, not prevent it or get there in time to intervene. I know...it sucks..but the courts have definitely said so and it was a part of my CCW class, if nothing else. They were clear on that for the rationale on why the permits are so critical to consider a 24/7 change of lifestyle, not just a license to carry something once in a great while or special occasions.

Their job title is POLICE OFFICER, their job is to serve and protect.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cito

heck my local dollar store sells stun guns and crap as personal security next to the mace, I got a cheap one for 49.99 supposedly 200K volts at Dollar General last year uses 9 volt batteries.

do you have a habit of correcting people with the wrong info, based on walmart impressions or whatever?

www.ehow.com... Stun Gun Laws

"

In New York, stun guns are illegal under Sections 15-a and 15-c of Article 265 titled "Firearms and Other Dangerous Weapons." New York state law bans the use and possession of both electric stun guns as well as electric dart guns

A person in possession of an electric stun gun or an electric dart gun in New York can be convicted of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree."

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

do you have a habit of correcting people with the wrong info, based on walmart impressions or whatever?

"

In New York, stun guns are illegal under Sections 15-a and 15-c of Article 265 titled "Firearms and Other Dangerous Weapons." New York state law bans the use and possession of both electric stun guns as well as electric dart guns

A person in possession of an electric stun gun or an electric dart gun in New York can be convicted of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree."

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I know that... You know that...and if we call a cop, we expect and demand that. No question. I'm just noting, the cops themselves don't see it quite that way and the courts have said they don't have to.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

"

Stun guns and tazers are sold in New York from the "tourist trap" spy shops to local dollar stores.
checking online it's 100% legal to purchase one in new york, and friend of mine who lives in new york carries his stun gun when he goes to work in his laptop bag since he rides the subway for personal protection and has for over 15 years.

there is crazy laws about video taping government buildings and officials but people do so anyhow.

im just pointing out it's not an illegal stun gun, as they can be purchased legally there. No need to follow ATS routine with sensationalism

edit on 4/25/2012 by Cito because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
how does the carolinas of all places not have hate crime laws; and why in the h@!! didnt he go about his business after they called him a "slur".

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
im not sure why from the first reply, and bulk of discussion has been on enforce vs protect,

instead of nature of the crime.

i used neither word in the OP.

likewise i clarified the stun gun was an "illegal weapon" for a reason. clearly illegal weapons need to be enforced on the streets.

the way i see it, these mobs of losers still resort to being armed with and using (illegal) weapons because society is plagued with a "mob" of *angry* insecure mice instead of men, who have no sense of purpose except some sort of scapegoating, bullying and twisted retribution for their own failures as even a half-respectable or half-decent member of the community. these are Americans??

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
i will reiterate, stun guns are illegal in New York State.

The Attorney General thanked eBay for its cooperation in the matter. New York is one of seven states that ban electronic "stunning devices." Article 265 of the State Penal Law makes it a misdemeanor crime to possess any device designed to stun, knock out or paralyze a person by means of high voltage electric shock.

www.ag.ny.gov...

^ the above New York Attorney General's confirms SALE of stun guns are also illegal in NY state.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

Really? They sell stun guns at walmart? Walmart stun gun search Must be just at your location because they don't have them on their web site...........

Dollar General Not on their web site ether......

Did you just make that up? lol

I think you did lol

Silly!
edit on 25-4-2012 by MrRichards because: Missed a "y"

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Thread temporarily closed for review

new topics

top topics

join