It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grrrrrr Fierce Beauty! Please Watch!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I put this in Fragile Earth because these animals are of the Earth and their future is very fragile.

Most who know me, know my love for the big cats. They are threatened with extinction in some cases....and I made this video to bring attention to what we will be losing if nothing changes.These are the most exquisite creatures on the planet.....a combination of beauty and fierce predator.

I want to include a link to an organization which is a favorite of mine...Big Cat Rescue. They rescue big cats who are abused in zoos or private "collectors", and those who are victims of smuggling etc. Here's the link to their website. bigcatrescue.org...

Please don't lecture me about..... "who cares about cats, when people are starving" etc...... I know all that, but THIS is important too.... because when these beautiful animals go extinct....it WILL be a loss....your great grandchildren will only see them in pictures and stories...just like the dinosaurs.

Here's my video....I hope you enjoy (with my little hunters at the end haha!)

edit on 4/25/2012 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I have a great love of big cats and really appreciated the video. They are absolutely magnificent creatures and their ever dwindling numbers is a heartache.

Here are a couple of my favorite pics I thought I would share.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Nice video Kat
One complaint, no White tigers?! They are my favourite, a truly stunning animal.

On topic, it's just indicative of man being more like a virus on this planet than another mammal...I can think of no other creature that does as much to alter and destroy the environment they live in and the life that is within in as man...
One day our relentless destruction will catch up with us and then we will be sad...sad to see the damage we have caused but only when it starts to impact us.
Whales, elephants, seals, all things hunted still despite bans. Makes me wonder whether it just ends up us, insects and birds...everything else becomes a memory in a photo album.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Gorgeous! Their beauty is beyond words. My favorites are the Black Jaguars and Leopards, and the Cougar (most beautiful faces and eyes). Actually, that is how I came to have the nickname "Kat"....I have been fascinatined (bordering on obssessed) since I was a child, and demanded my Mom call me that haha! Thank you for the pics! The more the better!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Wow, what a great tribute to the big cats.

One cannot help but to be overwhelmed by their beauty, power and grace. What a magnificent mammal, great protector of their young and brilliant hunter.

Its herocious how man is eliminate such a fascinating animal from our planet.

Keep up the the great work and thank you for the work of art.

rgs

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
FIERCE predators...

they even eats their own young'uns!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by facchino

Awww....sorry I didn't put a white tiger...there are so many I couldn't have them all, but maybe I'll do a part 2 ok? You a 100% right in your post. I know we all have many other problems in our daily lives....but these things are very important. The thought of these cats going extinct is sickening. You mentioned dolphins....I love them too. They are so intelligent and just delightful! When the BP "spill" happened, I saw them dead all over....I just sat there and cried like a baby.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rgseymour

Well thank YOU for watching it and the nice compliment. Big Cat Rescue does some great work, and I am hoping my video might bring some attention to what they do and just to remind everyone what we stand to lose in general.Thanks again!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

That's what I love about them! They can be funny, cute and loving, ORRRR they can be ruthless, vicious, and bloodthirsty.....that's why I'm so fascinated by them....Thanks for the vid haha!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Very beautiful indeed. It saddens my heart that so many species, not just humans,are suffering a great deal at this juncture of the earth's journey. I know it's all for a purpose, but it still saddens my heart.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Agreed....but I'm one who never gives up hoping and we should all do little things when we can. If we don't have hope, we have nothing. As Martin Luther Kind said "Our lives begin to end the moment we stop caring about things that matter" (hope I got the quote right!)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Beautiful animals!!! Because I spend a lot of time outdoors I really enjoy the rare times I get to see a rare wild cat. Saw a FL panther 10 years ago in South West FL. Very few and far between these days. (except for mountain lions)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Never lose hope. If anything, I'm filled with it...However, unlike many, I claim no certainties.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Great pics!!! I love cats, big and small. I rescue kitties and have quite a few that are living with me. I took in a kitten that looks like she is a miniature black panther, she is just gorgeous and so completely independent! I only wish there were more people that loved and respected animals on this planet like those who are posting on this thread. How much better the world would be!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Cats and big cats are just so awesome creatures. I marvel at their agility. Sleek yet powerful.

The three cats in my house rule the roost and keep my dog in line. Dog is petrified of cats yet loves to look at them all day. Would love to see his reaction of actually seeing a real life big cat near him. He would freak out.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Wonderful video. You have some beauties of your own I see. I have rescued many cats over the years and they have all been so precious to me.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

Yeah.....he'd be like WOOF! WOOF! woof woof................woof?????

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Was waiting for you NightStar hehe......glad you liked it!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Great thread!

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Hey now I love cats too....they taste just like chicken

(sorry but dogs rule)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join