It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Military Concedes Iran, N. Korea Nuclear Threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Russian Military Concedes Iran, N. Korea Nuclear Threat

en.rian.ru

"The analysis that we conducted together with the Americans confirms that, yes, there is a probability that the threat exists. And we agreed that it is necessary to create a missile defense system,” Makarov said

“Let's solve this problem. Let us work together to get rid of the threats that may arise, not only for Europe but for Russia because we too are part of Europe,” the general said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Seems Russia holds the view that the West has with the probability a threat exists enough to make a missile defense. The willingness to work together is what is needed to help deter nations from developing weapons.

What concerns me though is how he said that many countries that say they do not have nuclear weapons, do.

en.rian.ru

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This seems a little strange considering. Russia usually doesnt give in that easy.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

And notice how they take the intelligent course of action, unlike Israel and the us. There is no point of going in and destroying their nukes, they can always make or buy more. But if they are useless and can never be used said country will only have wasted resources. Let them build nukes if they want, how about we build and upgrade defenses so their efforts are in vain? Seems a hell of a lot better than trying to starve the country and just making them want nukes even more

Why is crippling the country our first course of action when we can just make their weapons useless?

link   

Originally posted by Laxpla

Seems Russia holds the view that the West has with the probability a threat exists enough to make a missile defense. The willingness to work together is what is needed to help deter nations from developing weapons.

What concerns me though is how he said that many countries that say they do not have nuclear weapons, do.

en.rian.ru

Seems more like putin is making a power play for gathering more european proponency and membership inductions for the coming euroasian union. The target for establishment is only three years from now.

edit on 24-4-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

link   
Double post
edit on 24-4-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
...isn't Russia part of Asia? Strange the guy in the quote doesn't even know which continent his country is in. Kind of funny.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Sounds like a creative way for Vlad to give Obama a way out of the "more flexibility" screw-up. They can both say this was all they meant..nothing Americans need keep on about. Hannity and others are playing that mighty hard and this is a little out of character for Russia. Actually, this is a lot out of character. Hmm... I liked it so much better before the levels of games running within games just exploded after 9/11. Oh the 90's were a simple place by comparison. (and they sure weren't that simple.
)

@ Mmmpie

Umm.. The lands of the Russian Federation still run from the Pacific to the Atlantic and from the Black Sea to the Arctic Ocean. I've never quite got how folks seem to think Russia got markedly smaller. They never did...they just lost a few of the BEST "states" they had. They sure kept the landmass just fine.
edit on 24-4-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Reply to post by MmmPie

Part of russia is in asia and part of it is in europe..

2nd

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
They should know after the decades Russian nuclear engineers have been providing them support.

Russia does have an angle they always do.
edit on 24-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Reply to post by MmmPie

Part of russia is in asia and part of it is in europe..

2nd

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Ohhh gotcha. That was throwing me aloof. That must be quite the predicament at times...

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

“Let's solve this problem. Let us work together to get rid of the threats that may arise, not only for Europe but for Russia because we too are part of Europe,” the general said.

very interesting!

anton johansson is famous for predicting many things correctly (i haven't found anything he was wrong on) and he predicted wwiii with russia attacking europe with an invasion and the u.s. with weather technology (he died in the early 1900's, pretty forward thinking) and china occupying india and moving south.

it is all supposed to take place at the end of july, beginning of august "i do not know the year" he said. there is supposed to be a peace treaty, or talks of peace, then to everyone's surprise, an invasion occurs overnight.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Exactly. Either Russia is playing the "New World Order" hand or they have something else up there sleeve. They may be the Good Guys this time. But doesn't that usually depend on there leaders??

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

The Iranians are now a nuclear threat that Russia made.

and yep have to agree.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Ok. Seriously, do they expect everyone to believe that they don't already have such missle defense systems? I mean, what have they been doing for the past 50 years to defend against the rest of the world's nuclear arsenal? It is as though they don't want to admit that they have advanced gamma ray lasers, plasma weapons, and scalar weaponry that can bring down such 1960s nuclear missles. Just like the USA will never reveal just how far ahead technologically they are than people realize. Do they think the world's population is that dumb and naive? We already have many satellites with such advanced weapons systems orbiting our planet right now that can target and disable even destroy such outdated nuclear weapons. Star Wars anyone? In conclusion, I would like to say that I really dont think either Russia nor the USA is worried much about North Korea's or Iran's nuclear capabilities ....not one bit.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

This is just Russia giving Obama that wiggle room until elections. Then he will bow down to Russia as he was caught saying.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

Thats what I wonder. But, they didn't have the Tech we have had in those 30 years but in the last 15 or so with the Oil Prices going up and them joining the "world" again, they can catch up quick. But, to project your Army/Navy/Air Force to the World you need much more than Oil and Russia doesn't have much else.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Monsatan

Agreed, a global network of anti air missiles is a good idea..

but there's a lot of ways to get a nuke into a country.. shipping freight for example.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I think you guys are missing the point.

Russia wants the US to back of Iran. Iran and Russia are allies.

If Russia can convince the world to rely on missle defence, which is a joke, instead of an invasion, than it has strengthened it's position.

It's calling the US' bluff as well, as the US claims missle defence is effective, when everyone knows it's BS.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Laxpla

but for Russia because we too are part of Europe

I dont get it Russia is not part of Europe. Europe and Russia are both aware of that..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join