It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you won 1 million of your currency...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Winnings from the National Lottery are not subject to tax according to the National Lottery Website

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'd invest in some technologies with companies that have a record for philanthropy in helping out the rest of the planet, trying to make it a better place, preferably companies that make it an incentive to hire unemployed people over transfers.

I'd likely also invest in the company described in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Other than that, I'd stock up on some prepper supplies, and hopefully grow some returns on investment so I can eventually purchase an old surplus underground missile silo and disappear behind blast doors; safe from all the other people on this rock.

For total realization of all my wild dreams, to kick off a company to research a few potentially marketable interests that could help the rest of the planet, plus have the insulation, safety and peace of mind of my own personal underground bunker complex, I'd really need about $300 Million US.

I'd really love to develop personal clean renewable energy solutions like a small scale pumped storage hydroelectricity solution, and some other bits that can be marketed at cost all over the planet to supply cheap energy solutions everywhere such that no one ever need worry about the lights going out, or ever being dependent on corporate or national power grids.

I might not like 'people' in preferring to be as far away from other people as possible, but, at the same time, i want to make the world a better place for all those that can't or don't have the ability to help themselves.

edit on 24-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Awesome then!!
Here in the US if you find a candy bar on the ground all covered in dirt, I'm sure there are a few bureaucrats that would want their cut of it's fair market value, preferably in gold.

But really, even with half a million, you could do everything you need to secure your future here in the US, providing you don't have huge bills to start off with anyway, or you don't get sick and sucked dry by the medical system that is...
All you ned is a piece of dirt big enough to plant some food and build a house or few upon.
From there you work for yourself.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Before I read the thread. I would buy the land I have had my eye on. Build a house with the amenities that I require, and then help my family and friends that did not constantly beg me for money. The last part is important. I will take care of my family and friends, if they constantly pester me after I told them I would take care of them they would get less of the rewards. There is one thing that I have to do and no other money will be spent before that is taken care of, after that I would give the rest of it to my friends and family, they deserve the help. Off to read the thread now.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie

While I admit, it would be nice to rub it in some peoples faces that I'd just won a million, I wouldn't want all sorts crawling out pretending to be my best buddy just for the sake of a few pounds.
When I posted that reply, my reasoning was basically the same as what you stated here↑, but that's probably not true.

I'm not sure why the thought popped into my head, but just a few minutes ago, the real reason suddenly occurred to me. In all honesty, I probably should've added a bit more to my first post......

[color=ADADAD]First and foremost, I would do whatever was necessary in order to ensure that nobody knew I just won a million bucks. [color=FFFFFF]That way, when I am broke again in a couple years, I won't have to repeatedly listen to everybody telling me over & over how big of an idiot I was for blowing it all.

edit on 4/24/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Collect Winnings (day 0): 1 Million
Pay Taxes (day 1): 600k
Pay Off Student Loans (day 2): 350k
Pay Off Partner's Loans (day 2): 150k
Travel to Europe Once (days 3 through 24): 140k
Make a good go at self employment (days 25-755): 40k
Assess Situation (day 756): uh oh.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
[color=ADADAD]First and foremost, I would do whatever was necessary in order to ensure that nobody knew I just won a million bucks. [color=FFFFFF]That way, when I am broke again in a couple years, I won't have to repeatedly listen to everybody telling me over & over how big of an idiot I was for blowing it all.

edit on 4/24/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

Oh snap! I couldn't think of anything worse than having people tell me how I wasted a million pounds.
And then I thought, well all the people I'd have given money to would be the ones to complain to me about wasting it, so I guess in a way, I'd be buying their silence in order for me to do what I liked with it XD

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join