It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you won 1 million of your currency...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
What would you do with it?
I don't mean as in, what would you buy, or what your main purchase would be. Obviously that plays a part of it, but in my circumstances, if I won 1 million GBP, I would:
Keep half of it for myself and my family unit (partner and son) - this would cover anything we would want to buy, including paying off the mortgage, etc. -500,000
I would then give mine and my partners parents 100 grand each, as well as my brother and my partners sister. -400,000
I'd then give my best friend 25,000, because she's done so much for me and is the best pal I've ever had in my life.
I'd also give 25,000 to my next door neighbour. I've only known him a year, and he's recovering from cancer and living in pretty bad conditions all by himself.
I'd then give the remaining 50,000 to my local hospitals Special Care Baby Unit for neonatal care, as when my son was born very premature, I couldn't have him there as they didn't have the facilities, and had to travel 80 miles every day to the hospital with the nearest care facilities, and couldn't even stay over night, as they didn't have that kind of luxury!

How would you split yours?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Beer, ookers and grade A charlie for a few months then waste the rest

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Beer, ookers and grade A charlie for a few months then waste the rest

Haha! It's been done my man! Michael Carroll got there before you

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Some to buy a house, and the rest, probably to establish a charity, or foundation.

I've seen first hand impact on people living in war zones, where after the damage is done, they're left to fend for themselves, to rebuild etc

So some thing along the lines of helping such people, and bringing awareness to their situation.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I live in Zimbabwe....

... So I would buy a loaf of bread, and have enough money left over to buy matches.

Still waiting to hit "the big one"

edit on 24-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Split it up
I would have to buy a new house for me and my family, pay off bills, and save some for our hobbies and such.
My mom would most defiantly get a new house and some spending money. I would give each of my siblings some as well. I would also give an old homeless lady I know a big ole chuck of cash. She deserves to live out her life in comfort. It's hard to put out specific amounts. Here in the states they tax you depending on how much you take at once and so on. I would do some good with it for sure, invest in something as well.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
A million U.S. dollars is worthless...basically...so I don't think I would be doing much for very long!

As soon as America realizes that the dollar has about as much value as toilet paper...well then I'll have a million pieces of toilet paper!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm from Zimbabwe. I would get a new wheel barrow.

1 Million gone.
edit on 24-4-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Wow is that real tender???

I guess you could use the currency exchange, so if £1 is 583 Zimbabwe dollars, it would be 583 million...

DERP. Ignore my thickness. I didn't realise the currency had been suspended!
edit on 24-4-2012 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

First and foremost, I would do whatever was necessary in order to ensure that nobody knew I just won a million bucks.

reply to post by boncho

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
i would buy a house, travel round the world, give some to my mum and sister, pay my uni fees and fund the rest of my course. id also set up some kind of animal charity for abandoned animals.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

While I admit, it would be nice to rub it in some peoples faces that I'd just won a million, I wouldn't want all sorts crawling out pretending to be my best buddy just for the sake of a few pounds.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I wanted to say that if someone who is reading from zimbabwe....
It is not really worth anything to you is it.you would need couple of trillion of your zimbabwe dollars to get anywhere..

Jokes a side..
I would like to get myself a nice place,nice car..Hopefully invest some money into things and create more money and then with that help others.
And many other things that will take too long to write down

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Tell no one but my immediate family, build a house on a remote island and fortify it for the incoming zombie invasion.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Cool question. In my currency it is to little for a house and to much to just waste. Ill buy a newer car (I have money saved up to it already but then I might buy it without looking so much on the pricetag). If I could I would pursade 3 friends to see India, some South American country and maybe China also. In each country find a local family that have it bad and give them enough money to ease the burden totaly and make a difference but not so much that they loose perspective. Maybe give some money to my sister also but not to much because she is hopeless when it comes to money and can never save anything up and always borrows money that she can't pay back. Maybe buy something for my parents but I do not know what. They seem to have everything they need.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't spend more than $250,000 (American) to purchase a house and build an area so I can run my business better from home.
I would also invest in a way to make my family and I more self sustaining. I would do a little prepper work.
Pay off debts. I would give $25,000 to my best friend and then keep the rest.
I'm weary of putting my money in any sort of account right now. Had this happened 30 years ago, I surely would have invested it to make my money grow. Now... I'm not so sure. That would be the idea though. Make my money work for me.

Though I have a feeling I could EASILY spend a million dollars on 1 day. I am terrible!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

When i think of a million usd... This is what i think of...

Please note: I am only referring to the hahas Dr. Evil gets when asking about a mil...

So, Dear Big Brother please do not think i am going to seek out a million bucks to pay a comet to hit the earth.

also, To the gent from Zimbabwe. Can you even buy a loaf and matches for 1 mil Zimbabwe?
edit on 24-4-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: Muwhaaa Muwhaa Muwahahahaha...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
One Million Dollars US...

Pay off my house & property........$90,000
Buy a new vehicle (truck).............$40,000
Buy wife a new car......................$30,000
Pay off ALL bills..........................$5,000
check to mother..........................$100,000
check to brother..........................$100,000
check to mother in law.................$50,000 ( I already gave them a free house)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
total $ 415,000

remaining $585,000 would be split into..

Gold bullion.....$150,000
silver bullion....$ 150,000
Savings account...............$285,000

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
One Million Dollars US...

Pay off my house & property........$90,000
Buy a new vehicle (truck).............$40,000
Buy wife a new car......................$30,000
Pay off ALL bills..........................$5,000
check to mother..........................$100,000
check to brother..........................$100,000
check to mother in law.................$50,000 ( I already gave them a free house)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
total $ 415,000

remaining $585,000 would be split into..

Gold bullion.....$150,000
silver bullion....$ 150,000
Savings account...............$285,000

Govt taxes 386,000.... You owe the IRS 100gs my friend.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Well, I dunno how taxes work in the UK but I can't imagine they'd be far from the US and her fed res consort but if I won 1 million dollars, I'd pay the roughly 50 percent tax on it then go a spending.
I would not "give" any of it away.
I would take steps to see my family and friends secured abit however.
I can imagine a few hundred acres with some small comfortable houses built on it.
Now just to worry about the property taxes...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join