It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin: The War On Terror Is 'Over' (Not!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
OK This is not the first time Obama has said this. However, this time the rhetoric is a bit chilling when you consider all that has happened since 2009 on the Islamic front. (Egypt, Libya, Syria)

Looks like Obama is paving the way for a Shiny New and Legitimate kind of Islamism... Hmmm???

Today, the National Journal reported that a senior State Department official has announced, “The war on terror is over.”

“Now that we have killed most of al Qaida,” the source said, “now that people have come to see legitimate means of expression, people who once might have gone into al Qaida see an opportunity for a legitimate Islamism.”

You catch that last line?? No such thing as a legitimate Islamism....

Everyone is a friend in the eyes of Obama. Well, La Dee Da... No enemies?? Just Kumbaya and bury your head in the sand while your enemies run you over.

The article itself describes the Obama administration’s new vision of foreign policy, which admits no enemies. Everyone, in this view, is a friend. Islamism, says the Obama administration, is just fine, so long as it does not openly support terrorism.

The Obama Doctrine is dangerous. I have been talking about this for quite some time. This must be the official clearing of the air so that the US can now focus on Central Africa. Remember, our troops are already there.

Obama can't see the reality right in front of him

This, of course, is utter foolishness. Islamism is a religious ideological movement that brooks no real alternatives – so while the State Department proclaims “a legitimate Islamism,” it fails to acknowledge that Islamism, “legitimate” or not, is deeply intolerant of any other modes of expression. Not only that, but Islamism works hand-in-glove with terror groups around the world. Simply because a regime does not openly house al Qaida does not mean that the regime doesn’t support al Qaida; just because a regime pretends at democracy doesn’t mean that it has real democratic values.

Make room for the Muslim Brotherhood...

Open your eyes Obama

Obama has created the brave new Middle East – a Middle East that assumes that every human heart has the desire to vote, but not to be truly free; a Middle East that oppresses women and gays and minorities, but pretends at liberalism; a Middle East that despises America but hides that hate behind a façade of multiculturalism, even as it disposes of its internal dissenters.

In truth, Obama isn’t declaring an end to the war on terror – terrorism continues unabated each day in Egypt and the Palestinian territories and Iraq and Afghanistan and Sudan and Yemen and Syria and Lebanon and a dozen other hotspots around the globe.

Is this all supposed to magically disappear now that Obama says so?? NOOOOO!!!!!

To Obama, the war on Islamism may be over. For Islamists, the war on America is far from over.

The man is dangerous!! He wants to end the war on Islam not the war on terror. Their will always be terror in the realm of Islam. It has been indoctrinated into generation after generation after generation......

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Although I truly understand the issue, one must not forget that islamism is not a bad religion. It is very similar to christianism. True islamists know that violence is furtile, and they are vegetarians. The Ilsam-is-bad scam was a pretext to bomb middle-east. Islamist fanatics are in fact rare, as rare as Christian suicide-bombers. Do not forget that the CIA train islamist terrorists to perpetue the illusion.
Great find! S&F.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

“Now that we have killed most of al Qaida,” the source said, “now that people have come to see legitimate means of expression, people who once might have gone into al Qaida see an opportunity for a [color=gold]legitimate Islamism.”

What a gaffe !!!

He just put past and current "Islamism" as Illegitimate ???

What WILL Israel say ?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
great, now get rid of NDAA 2012, the patriot act and the TSA since we don't (never) need them and while they're at it they can stick them drones where the sun don't shine.
edit on 24-4-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
He's right...it is over.

it definitely ended August 23, 2011.

I do expect however that chronic complainers will still war monger and disturb our restful sleep, but I found that ear plugs are very effective at shutting them out.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I think the plan is to support ''democratic''(not just westernized or liberal) Islamic movements in the region. right now there are countries in the ME which are supposedly liberal but not democratic at all....Islam by itself is not a bad religion by any standards.it is how people interpret it which some times makes it ugly.....people should think, talk, and read more about the things that MSM is trying to feed them....not every thing coming from a guy's mouth with a tie and suit is absolute truth!.... thanks mostly to the internet,most truth are hidden somewhere out there,we just have to be willing to put some time and effort to discover them.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

It's not about war mongering at all. It's about closing the chapter on the war on terror so that the new chapter can begin in an entirely new region. You know that. He wants to nation build in Central Africa and beyond. It's his Obama Doctrine that has been entirely guided by the Responsibility to Protect Doctrine that is also steering the UN. Compliments of the International Crisis Group.

Obama needs to wipe our hands clean in the middle east so we can re focus. Meanwhile, its just same S!@# Different Day for the people in these regions that we are soon to leave.

Trust me, we have certainly overstayed our welcome in Afghanistan about 8 years ago and we are about to do the same thing all over again in an entirely new theater.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by shapur

Indeed, just look at the chaos in Egypt after we pushed for Mubareks ouster. We helped create that power vacuum that the leading groups are now battling to fill. The Muslim Brotherhood is certainly in in the lead and on a quest to regain its foothold in Egypt. The place of their founding back in 1928.

Libya is next... Notice how the news has been rather quiet in Libya lately. The militias are still wreaking havoc

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Did we just surrender?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I kind of get that feeling. Way to boost the morale of the jihadists!!! Score one for Allah.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

10 bucks says they build a mosque in DC to honour the occasion.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

They built one in new york which recently opened

i'd say "we surrendered" he did.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
hmmm war on terror is over

Guess we can get rid of homeland security and TSA AND start bringing shampoo on planes right?
edit on 24-4-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Good Point! However, all of those layoffs would tarnish Obama's stellar record of job creation. (insert sarcasm here)

Essentially, I think Obama is just playing the reelection game right now. He is postponing any an all actions until AFTER the election. Remember what he told Medvedev? He's also pulling the same delay tactics with the Palestinians in regards to the push for Palestinian statehood.

Obama threw in the towel right after Bin Laden was snuffed out. Not just in regards to the war on terror but regarding his foreign policy/leadership altogether. It's laughable!

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Come to think of it,nothing could really unite and rule the ME nations better than Islam.Looks like any other kinds of systems are bound to failure....I think Saudi Arabia,Jordan ,Bahrain Oman, UE and perhaps Turkey's numbers are up as well!....hummm,,everything going as planed by the Rothschilds and the Elite...A devilish laughter comes to mind.:

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Oh yeah thats right because for every private job that's lost Obama has to create 100 government jobs to make up for it...

Besides who else would do the presidents dirty work if the TSA wasnt around

new topics

top topics

join