It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Answer by OP image I created for ATS possible functionality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Dear ATS,
I created this image so people can know when I think someone has answered my topic in the best manner. We could possibly have a button that inserts an image on that specific answer. So only the OP could have the option to use this feature and only on other peoples responses not their own.

edit on 23-4-2012 by samlf3rd because: misspelling

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

No.......

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

No.......

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Too funny!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

Originally posted by facelift

No.......

Awesome...I have now changed my mind.

This is a great idea..!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Awesome
That is pretty darn funny. Guess I walked into that. That's whaat you get for posting without thinking!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
OP, Flag based on artistic value, it really is a nice looking graphic, well done in that respect.

As far as the idea, the first thing that comes to mind is...

What if the "Best Answer" given by an OP is not always the "Best Answer" as it were? That, and the potential for bias to ensue between members for whatever reason.

It's not a bad idea, but I personally can peruse a thread and by the amount of stars that a post garners, not only from the OP perhaps, but by all members partaking in the thread, usually denotes a "Best Reply/Answer/etc."

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Really good job on the graphic. One thing I would like to see are links that can be inserted into the OP after the 4 hour cutoff. Would be nice to be able to link to thread recaps so people can see what's been posted in those 1k + responses.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Very nice looking graphic....

If you want to do that, I say...Go right ahead....Just be careful you don't get an OFF-TOPIC posting that in your threads....

It could happen....No matter how good your intentions are.

I like the idea though.

I think you should maybe talk to the staff. Maybe they would like the idea and find some way to implement it throughout the whole site.

Good luck

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Yes I understand the flag thing but it doesn't always work for detailing the best/proper response. We get a lot of debunkers who post something silly and get 20 stars for it meanwhile the posts that make sense you respond to and it back 5 pages so the discussion really loses it's functionality and breaks down after a few short pages because people aren't going to read 5 pages and compare notes.

Just an idea to get through the jargon. Something would be nice.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Exactly! Who has time to read 10 pages and compare everything? The forum falls apart mathematically after 3 or 4 pages. Something needs to be done.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Hmm, perhaps a mod can jump in and give me some insight.

Thank you also!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Totally agree. That thread about the creepy website I authored had so many replies there was no way to keep up. One nice poster, Forevever, began doing recaps every few pages and it would have been nice to link to them in the OP. I think a graphic would be handy for that. Not quite what you were going for I don't think, but close. Either way cool idea and good job.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd

Hmm, perhaps a mod can jump in and give me some insight.

Thank you also!

You're very welcome. It's been a while since I was a mod here myself. I certainly don't speak for staff at all.

I imagine staff will see this thread and I hope that something comes of this. I really like it.

Also, I am envious of your ability to make something like that

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Dervy, and teaching myself!

I couldn't draw a stick figure before DeVry taught me to draw a cube in perspective! I am actually a very talented web developer not graphic designer, but I do what I can. I wish I could draw better.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Great graphic.....

But...no.

That's what stars and flags are for.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
We need a "Debunker" button too!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Yes but what about the fact that the threads fall apart a few pages in? No one reads all the way through so threads are usually pretty short lived, and the important topic goes out the window just like the news. Then we forget about it, then it becomes background noise. Then forgotten.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by amongus

Yes but what about the fact that the threads fall apart a few pages in? No one reads all the way through so threads are usually pretty short lived, and the important topic goes out the window just like the news. Then we forget about it, then it becomes background noise. Then forgotten.

Uh. No offense but if a thread "falls apart" a few pages in, there is always a good reason why.

edit on 23-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Isn't that what the 'stars' are all about? ... just not limited to the OP's thoughts, but that of All Members.(?)

It just seems more a "Yeah. That's what I'm talking about
" affirmation of thinking alike - 'to be awarded solely by the OP' - why not just get a room and be done with it?

Personally,
I don't look at the stars, flags and such ... I look at the content of the post/thread and go from there.

books by their cover and gold stars for 'homework' or 'good deeds' just don't cut it.

if that were the case, I'd of been the first in line when it came time to clap the erasers at the end of the day .... back in the day.

edit on 23-4-2012 by Annie Mossity because: f'd up link

top topics

<<   2 >>

join