It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before you jump to UFO, realize advances in consumer grad CGI

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I would LOVE to see a UFO. Sadly I have not.. but I have seen a lot of CGI on ATS over the years.

UFO proponets hate it when debunkers jump to CGI, but you have to realize CGI is so good it's hard to tell now even when you KNOW it is CGI.

Take this video for example:

That is how good CGI has become.

Had this been a similarly well done UFO I know the believers would be screaming this was final proof.

I think there are unexplained things in the sky, but we need to be VERY careful examining videos as they come in.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I sadly haven't been able to take a UFO video seriously for quite some time now anyway.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
"...presented by [Chilean] government officials for the first time at a press conference on March 13...":

I'm sure governments would have top notch cgi tools at their disposal but it's more likely that when releasing a video like this one, a government would be presenting the real deal.

]http://images.huffingtonpost.com...

Alberto Vergara, an expert in digital imaging, reported that "when we examine the whole scene frame by frame, we have been able to realize that it has, apparently, moved at a speed far superior to any flying object of known manufacture."
edit on 23-4-2012 by doug r because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
That's really impressive until the rotors don't make air currents while in a cloud of smoke.
Funny how people will start debunking vids because they are TOO good.

This can't be good for my psychosis.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by doug r

Just a quick question for you.

Why do the people in the video act as if they do not notice the UFO when it flies pretty much right over their heads?

Don't you think at least someone would have noticed something strange flying at them,and couldn't that be an insect or bug flying by the camera which would support the reason that nobody even acted as if something was out of the order?

I don't know what it is but that there are a few things that are questionable about that video.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Add in the fact that most UFO videos are shot in lower resolution, it makes it much easier for CG to look real.. it gets rid of that slightly artificial look when you grain up the footage.

You don't even have to be great at modeling to make a UFO style CG video .. you can add blinking lights and a reflective skin to a basic shape to convince most people on ATS =)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

If you took the time to read the article you would have seen that the object was travelling too fast to be noticed unless one paid VERY close attention.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by doug r

Just a quick question for you.

Why do the people in the video act as if they do not notice the UFO when it flies pretty much right over their heads?

Don't you think at least someone would have noticed something strange flying at them,and couldn't that be an insect or bug flying by the camera which would support the reason that nobody even acted as if something was out of the order?

I don't know what it is but that there are a few things that are questionable about that video.

When you realize it's frame by frame and the object is jumping a large distance from one frame to the next, and you also realize it's probably recording at about 30 frames per second.. no I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't see it .. The object is going many times faster than the jets, assuming it's really there.. I'm not saying the object is really present and not CG .. I'm just saying if it's there, and traveling as fast as presented.. I wouldn't be at all surprised for them not noticing.
edit on 4/23/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

When you realize it's frame by frame and the object is jumping a large distance from one frame to the next, and you also realize it's probably recording at about 30 frames per second.. no I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't see it ..

The one thing I am wondering is that this is at an air base with I would hope some type of radar that should have at least picked up a blip even for a split second that it appears.It also does more than one fly by and not even one plane radar or ground radar noticed there was something strange in there airspace. Especially with the flyby of it and the planes at the same time.

Again not saying it can't be real there are just some things that do seem to raise questions about what is on the video.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I find it interesting that the OP can just openly announce that he has a bias so great that evidence as extraordinary as the Chilean Goverment's own video of a ufo would be certain to go completely unnoticed by him as a result of that bias.
Just goes to show ya....

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

"The El Bosque Air Base in Santiago, Chile, where the UFO event occurred on Nov. 5, 2010. There was an air show due to the changing of the Air Force Command, which happens every four years. The UFO was captured on seven cameras from different vantage points."

www.huffingtonpost.com...&title=El_Bosque_Air

Although the article does not state that it was observed by radar, it also does not state that it was not observed by radar. It may be that at the speeds involved, a radar return would not be possible...or a matter of probabilities so small that there was no return registered.

I suggest you direct your questions to the Chilean govt.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Yeah, never believe in any internet UFO.

I have to see it in real life, hopefully THEY don't a screen in the sky and fake UFO's

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by doug r

If a Rex Heflin disk ship, they have been flown for quite some time.
Need I say more.
CGI now makes clearly imaginary machine guns but blurry Teslaships are the
unique trait as well as a very deep black and bright electrostatic sparks and
about a few thousand events brushed off the agents against Tesla to keep
us fooled.
CGI is going forward in to HiRes for the entertainment sector to make money and not
into blurry Teslaships that brings out agents saying it can't be a Teslaship.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by doug r
I find it interesting that the OP can just openly announce that he has a bias so great that evidence as extraordinary as the Chilean Goverment's own video of a ufo would be certain to go completely unnoticed by him as a result of that bias.
Just goes to show ya....

I would love to see some great UFO footage. My op had nothing to do with Chilean video. Why are you trying to put words in my mouth?

I love the UFO topic, watch every show I can on it and think there is something there... Just warning people how good cgi is now adays. I'm not attacking anyone, no need to go strait to defensive.

Healthy knowledge helps weed out the bad so we can focus on the good.

Here is gizmodo.com talking about cgi in this video least any say it's not cgi.
Gizmodo

In reality, this weaponized quadrotor or quadrotorized weapon is just a fun 3D animation, lifting the concept from Metal Gear Solid. But you can bet the US military is working in stuff like this right now. It's only a matter of time before the weight/power ratio is good enough to make it happen. The Army and the Marines would love this thing.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Just this past weekend, saturday night, 10:30 p.m., coming down a quiet part of road outside of town, a green light shot straight up in the sky. I knew the lyrid meteor shower was this weekend, so I ignored it, but then it changed direction, paused, and shot back down. WOW! So, first thought UFO! But then reasoning set in. There were low clouds, a bit of fog, whatever it was had to be very low altitude and close to us. So, more reasoning, there is a large field up the road a mile or so, perfect for RC aircraft. I drove on down a ways, and it was a flying saucer alright! Right there in the field! 2 guys were working on it, it had LED lights, it was quite a nice craft really. Pretty soon it took off again, flew around some, made some miraculous maneuvers that seemed impossible, because at night you can't judge distance and things that seemed like 90 degrees were actually arcing turns coming right at me or going up and pausing.

It was of course an RC craft, expensive, well-engineered, and expertly flown. If I had taken video, it would have looked miraculous. Dark sky backdrop, no stars for perspective, there was the engine sound, but I could have easily drowned it out with wind noise or talking.

In essence, I'm agreeing with the OP, people should really use their critical reasoning skills before they jump to the UFO claim.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by doug r

Although the article does not state that it was observed by radar, it also does not state that it was not observed by radar. It may be that at the speeds involved, a radar return would not be possible...or a matter of probabilities so small that there was no return registered.

As much as I would love to believe the video is real you may want to take a look at another video that the uploader of that video has put on youtube.

That is why I am skeptical about any video coming from this person on youtube.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It doesn't need to look crisp or be in hd quality either. In my viewpoint, that is more revealing as a hoax, than a grainy picture that moves out and in of focus. I would make the hypothesis that if a person did a methodological examination of the sightings presented at ATS, the data and analysis would show most members would be fooled more often by a grainy video than one in HD.

But even so, the grainy and poor video would appear more fluid than one would expect from a bad quality recording device. That's not to suggest that a hoax video could be more deceiving and cunning than that.

Nevertheless, as programmes like Adobe After Effects get better and better, and hoaxers exponentially get more crafty, there's ultimately no way to rely on videos posted on youtube alone. They will have to be corroborated by eyewitness testimony, radar, etc...

That's one of the reasons that threads made by Kandinsky, karl12 and jkrog should get more and more attention. Because there's an abundant source of information regarding sigthings that are documented, public and reliable, to a certain degree. At least more than one could expect from a single youtube video. Not to mention that there are thousands of them, but the few posted on ATS rarely get the deserving or less than desirable attention from the members of this community.
edit on 23/4/12 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

If its not fuzzy in a photo its an obvious fake

Why?

Try to take a photo of something through a jet exhaust and you will get the idea

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie
That's one of the reasons that threads made by Kandinsky, karl12 and jkrog should get more and more attention.

They should, yes I was just talking to Karl about the lack of attention to his recent posts. Seems no one cares about the older stuff anymore

UFOlogy has died maybe that was what the PTB wanted

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I hope UFOlogy doesn't die.

We need good data coming in now more than ever! I have an f2 8 mp camera on my 200 dollar phone.. used to be 2000 to get 8 mp...

... now more than ever good data can come in.

I'm waiting

I love this topic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join