It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bottonline, should we teach our children to vote Democrat or Republican?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Both of these parties have sold us out, both these parties are just as guilty as the next. Both these parties have turned our Republic into a weird corporatefascistpoliticallycorrectsurvalience state.

I don't see us adults fixing anything, we are to enslaved into this system, but what of our kids? We have robbed them of a future, we have spent them into hopeless debt.

So what do we do when we can't fix our issues??

I'm not a Republican nor a Democrat I don't support either parties but I do lean Dem, but they are all traitors as far as I'm concerned.
edit on 22-4-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Have open and frank discussions to ensure they understand why our current system doesn't work and raise them to be civic minded, innovative individuals educated and involved in the policy making procedures/decisions that dictate their day to day lives. That's what I've instilled in my own kids and can only hope that their generation will be the impetus for change.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I don't think it matters to be honest, teach them to start a revolution instead to get rid of all these corrupted puppets and the government they work for!

link   
Not going to tell others how to parent from my perspective i let mine make up their own minds.

link   
Teach them to use critical thinking and to process all the information at hand.

Done properly, they will not vote for either as they will learn that they are both one and the same and if they fail to learn from their history, they are doomed to repeat the same mistakes as their parents.

Peace

edit on 22-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I teach my children the 'Golden Rule' and respect, and I encourage them to stand up for what they believe. Raise your children right and trust them to make good decisions, and trust that they can handle the rest. If you can't trust your children, you might rethink the value of you rearing.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I'll just send my kid to this site and let him figure it out from there.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Neither. I tell my children to not align themselves with ignorant people, groups, or causes.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Teach them to use critical thinking and to process all the information at hand.

Done properly, they will not vote for either as they will learn that they are both one and the same

Peace

If you do that, they won't vote for either.

Not necessarily a bad thing.
edit on 22-4-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Thats the point of this thread is teaching your kids to not support either party because these parties don't support them.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Unfortunately the apple does not fall far from the tree, and most Children follow the belief system of their parents, eg- religion etc and I still for the life of me can not understand why the non elected party still participate in Tax funded salaries, let them get a job somewhere else and see what it is like in loser ville.

Lets hope that they do not pass a law as they have in Australia where it is mandatory to vote and if you do not there is a $200 automatic fine, even if there is no one that you want to see in Power you are forced to vote,

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
No, surely you teach them to think for themselves and make their own informed decisions and to maybe envisage a future America with more than 2 very similar options anyway.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I will teach my son not to vote against his own best interests. I dont make enough money to vote republican imo so i vote dem but, my hope is my son will be wealthy enough to vote republican. I feel if you make over 1 million a year you would be silly to vote for a dem. as this would not be in your interest. As for voting with your morals. both sides have good moral arguments. even though both party's are pretty much morally bankrupt.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The saying I like best "Teach children how to think, not what to think"
Prettymuch sums it all up. We need to be teaching children how to think critically, not how to memorize and parrot what some other person thinks.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I don't have kids yet; when and if I do, this is what I will teach them.

Pay attention to what the candidates are saying. Don't decide on just one speech, pay attention to all of them, and compare what a person says one night against what they say another, to see if their story changes.

Actions are more important than words. A person can say they will do one thing, while voting the exact opposite.

Watch speeches live when possible. Newspapers, blogs, youtube videos, etc are known to be edited to make a person appear differently depending on the creator's own bias.

Do not vote based on party alone. Vote by the issues.

Do not be afraid to vote for a third party. This is the major problem today. To many people feel if they vote third party, they are throwing their vote away. Everyone needs to get out of this mode of thinking.

Most importantly, vote for who you feel will be best for your town/county/state/country. Not the government, not big business, but the country as a whole. Voting for what will be best for oneself is selfish and shortsighted, and part of the problem.

Pay attention to local politics. What happens on a local political level is going to affect you on a day to day basis more than what happens on a state or national level.

This of course assumes my kids will be able to vote by the time they're adults.
edit on 4/23/2012 by tebyen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The only politics I will be teaching my children is economics. Once they have proper methodology down, they can start making intellectual commitments and meaningful decisions consistently.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Teach a child to think critically...

...they can figure the rest out.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
We are concentrating on teaching good values. I think the rest will follow.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Both of these parties have sold us out, both these parties are just as guilty as the next. Both these parties have turned our Republic into a weird corporatefascistpoliticallycorrectsurvalience state.

I don't see us adults fixing anything, we are to enslaved into this system, but what of our kids? We have robbed them of a future, we have spent them into hopeless debt.

So what do we do when we can't fix our issues??

I'm not a Republican nor a Democrat I don't support either parties but I do lean Dem, but they are all traitors as far as I'm concerned.
edit on 22-4-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

That is a GREAT QUESTION!!

Do we teach our children to make snap judgements based on race? Gender? Disability? Of course not! We teach our children to judge each individual based on their unique qualities. Why would politics be any different? We don't want our children voting a party line, because that just takes all the control out of their hands and destroys the need for reason and logic.

Teach your children to research and evaluate the candidates and vote for the most appropriate one.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The wife and I were watching Fringe the other night.
We argued about whether our son should be a "loyalist" and be safe and conform, or a "native" and be a rebel.

I chose rebel myself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join