It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did all these souls come from? So is God creating more all the time?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by Malcher
reply to post by blocula

Why arent all the souls new souls?

We already see the imperfections in humans and we all have some kind of weakness. Why would someone randomly get a "bad soul"?
Some souls are just getting here,their first incarnation and some souls have already been reincarnated here many times...
edit on 23-4-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

A soul can just be a means of identification. I dont see any reason to give it the same type of consciousness as the human brain already affords us. At least not in a sense that is useable to humans.

Is the human brain not solely responsible for decision making? Not accounting for acting on emotions or times we do not think things through which i am not sure ever really happens since ultimately we are responsible for our own actions either way.

I just cannot understand what the purpose of a soul going from one to another would be or what would determine how or why an infant would get a used soul. One that may be better than another seems odd. Wouldnt it be more realistic to say "I am responsible for my actions alone, i though about it and i acted for good or bad".
edit on 23-4-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Yes....

How is it that god can be infinite, but their ability to create must be finite?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ForkandSpoon

God Drives A Flying Saucer - Robert Dione > en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I listened to more than just Carlin, I have read through history to find a single grain of evidence the Romans encountered Jesus. They don't say it. No philosopher says it, it is written only in a story book.

What most people don't even know is that the AD Calendar...ANNO DOMINI is Latin for...The Year of our Lord...not AFTER DEATH. But BC does stand for Before Christ. Interesting isn't it. I will tell you why this is so. It was not until the Roman Emperor Constantine and the Second Rome...Constantinople in 330 AD. when he made Christianity the official Religion of the Roman Empire.
The Anno Domini system (adding BC, AD to the year) was devised in 525 AD, in Rome, by a monk named Dionysius Exiguus. Many years had passed by this point so the exact year that Jesus was born is off plus or minus 125 years.

This is why in 525 AD...the Monk used Latin to describe the Calendar as being Anno Domini...Year of our Lord...and it took until 1582 for the use of BC created by Dionysius in the year 532 AD....but again this is plus or minus 125 years or so as Previous to Emperor Constantine...Christians were persecuted and killed and records were confused by ever changing calenders of both Gregorian and Julian and missing leap years and adding of Months...July stands for Julius...August stands for Augustus Ceasar.

So the year could be 2118 or 1912 or anywhere within either way 125 years. Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by samlf3rd
reply to post by SplitInfinity

I listened to more than just Carlin, I have read through history to find a single grain of evidence the Romans encountered Jesus. They don't say it. No philosopher says it, it is written only in a story book.

The Anno Domini system (adding BC, AD to the year) was devised in 525 AD, in Rome, by a monk named Dionysius Exiguus.
Just wondering how a monk would have had enough influence and sway to have been able to initiate such an important system?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You can google that Bloc. But one thing is for certain...AD...Anno Domini...is LATIN for the Year of our Lord.
BC is ENGLISH for BEFORE CHRIST. They would not have used ENGLISH until the Roman Catholic Church had already been to what is now the United Kingdom.

And you can easily look up the Monk who developed the AD Calendar. Thus....our Calendar is off!
Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
More and more souls are being kicked out of heaven, yeah this is why some people are more confident in life than others. Some souls might have been reincarnated hundreds of times while some of these souls are newcomers.
This also explains the amount of depressed people we have, they are the ones who have been here the longest and you can see how fed up they are. The energetic people are the newest of them all, they don't know how many times they're going to come back yet see? The whole cycle of life is designed to wear your soul out slowly and literally;.

don't forget that we were cast down here and more and more people are being directed here as the war goes on.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Parksie

If your born an aries,this life is your souls 1st incarnation on earth and when you die,you will be reincarnated 11 more times...

If your born a pisces,this life is your 12th incarnation and when you die,your not coming back anymore...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Do you know where I can find a chart or something that pertains to this? I'm curious about a few other astrological signs, including mine.

Does this explain the differences in personalities?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by soulshn
In my humble opinion 'God' is infinite, and We are 'God'; thus We are infinite.

Cheers!
edit on 4/21/12 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

God cannot create other souls: Where would God get them from if he is infinite?

Everything God the infinite creates must be of hm self and within him self. Because God must take up all space possible.

So wouldn't that apply to everything pertaining to a human body?

Do religious people believe god makes humans in a factory? I've never heard of that before.

I think you have to look at it from a different perspective than what you are doing now.

Lets say that God created the singularity that now is our universe. That singularity is like a seed growing/expanding. Everything that is to be is in this singularity/seed, and will come forth when the time is right. The singularity/seed needs to mature/expand enough for things to take form. Humans were not formed/created before the singularity/seed. Humans came to be at a specific time on the time line of expansion.

Existence and everything in it, is fallowing a set timeline according to the expansion of the singularity "our universe". Your life is on this exact same time line. Your life will end when you reach the end of your time line one way or another. Either by old age or by some other way in the future.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

This link should help you and anyone else who wants to know about each sign of the zodiac,there sequence and the personality traits that each of us have when born under each sign.I am a pisces,i know my soul is old,i can feel it and i remember.I have seen many glimpses from numerous past lives in my dreams and i'm well aware that i'm not coming back here anymore...

Meanings Of The Zodiac Signs > members.bitstream.net...

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

My belief is that the soul is only a small part of the larger universe. If energy is neither created nor destroyed, perhaps our universe is itself the intelligent creator with an infinite and ever expanding knowledge. Energy is not in itself substance, and in order to experience the physical world, a small part fit incarnates into our realm. It returns with its experience to the source upon death and imparts it to the larger "self".
I was a contemporary relgious believer until few years ago, but no longer. The foregoing has been on my mind for about the past ten years or so. Just my 2 cents worth. I guess we will all find out at one time or another. If you live long enough, something will kill you. Keep smiling!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Sometimes (as Jesus has shown) a question is best answered with a question.

Have you ever met or came across or noticed a person that was so much like someone that you have met before in your past? And i don't mean looks I mean mannerisms and personality. I have met so many people that are what seems to me are essentially the same soul of another person that I have met before.

I have never mentioned this before because it's just too strange for the masses. I have been asked so many times...."did'nt I see you at that party the other night?" or "Haven't I met you before?" or "you seem so familiar, I remember you from somewhere" or "I remember you I met you the other day."

Yes this is my life. This happens to me all the time, every sense I can remember. This happens to me at least twice a week if not more and I don't even meet many new people( twice a week is pretty much the minimum and the more people I meet the more people say it.) I would say that at least two out of ten people that I meet ask something along these lines.

There is something to this. I don't know what it is but it seems there is definitely something to this. It seems there is some kind of underlying pattern to these coincidences, these deja vu sensations. I see a pattern, a pattern of souls, a pattern of personalities and faces and mannerisms. Maybe it's just a pattern of humanity itself but if so then humans as a species have a pattern of existence and if we have souls then it makes sense that these souls have some sort of pattern . It points to a higher (or collective) consciousness.

-Alien

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I know you asked Bloc but there are plenty of Books available on this subject...just Google it and you will get a huge list. Some people are deep into it...me...not so much...but I have to admit...sometimes when I read some of these things they tend to be close to my reality.

Then again...anything can be generalized to the point of being compatable with anyones life.
Good Luck! Split Infinity

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Well... as a Gemini, it seems that I have a long road ahead of me. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing lol

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

Know what's interesting? The concept of group reincarnation. Supposedly, lifetime after lifetime we are reincarnated in groups. Like we'll have the same family members, friends, enemies etc, until we can learn to balance past problems. Such as a sour marriage, a sibling you don't get along with, or just a person you simply don't like.

It makes sense that we would have to keep coming back with the same people in our lives until we learn to work things out.

This could explain why some couples are always saying "even when we first met we felt like we had known each other forever!"

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
You might be interested in my thread - I Know WHY The World Is So Sick

It relates to the idea that new souls are being created all the time and that's why there is so little wisdom in our modern world.

Only around half of us have one or more previous lives from which we've learned. The rest of us are here for the first time - making all of the mistakes that are to be expected from such inexperience. Furthermore, only around 1 million of us have been here since the beginning. 2000 years ago, 0.5% of souls were ancient. Now, only 0.015%!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
My personal belief is that there are 'x' souls, however, due to them being spiritual, thus in the realm of god, time doesn't have the same meaning for them, thus they may even be inhabiting multiple bodies in the same time period, yet are separate in their own timeline. What you've asked though is a question debated in theological circles constantly, so your assertion that religion doesn't consider this things isn't true (however, the average person doesn't normally consider it, however i'd also say that similarly people don't consider the various issues around physics, but generally they still accept it as true
)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
In the "Poem of the Man-God" by Maria Valtorta, Jesus is confronted by some of the Apostles and disciples regarding reincarnation. Jesus said: we come here to earth once then we move on to our next life, we don't come back, there is no reincarnation, some press him more and Our Lord response was: "What do you think, God is running out of Souls?" Jesus also said: all living creatures of God have a soul but not like Man.. When Man's life is over on earth, it moves on to the next life working toward holiness, when an animal life is over here on earth it's done, finish! "writers opinion": I can only imagine that the animal soul returns back to God!!

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Too tempted by this question not to respond but as time is tight at present, just a short initial response.

If God created every thing within a short time span then where did all these extra souls come from? Is there an extra soul bag that makes more as we need them? Our population was at around 200 Million at the year 1 now the population is at 7 Billion. That's a whole lot of more souls into the mix right? Were they waiting around for the go ahead?

I am reading your question more as a probe than an attempt to sell an idea. Always good for thinking minds to look for where such perturbations, as your question offers, can lead our imaginations before we start making judgments and decisions - let alone simply ridicule others', or defend our own set beliefs (Who killed the idea?)

So, for now, just some somewhat jumbled thoughts.

We need a bit of maths (not going to do that now) to really calculate the total number of these souls in the no-reincarnation scenario. This means we need to total all the people ever born and that adds quite a few more billion, in fact many, many billion. Someone care to make the calculation?

Next question is, what about all the souls of all these humans who died? Where are they all? Even by some beliefs, the one's in the hot place are still around as they work out their eternal sentences. Not sure which venue is getting more crowded that the other.

Of course, reincarnation solves these problems of numbers to some extent but still not your question about the new souls that have increased the apparent number of souls on Earth. One would also imagine that this ongoing creation would be getting better and better, soul wise, unless all souls are perfect and just their Earthly lives are polluted.

Actually, do we actually need to start by defining a soul? Do they merge, divide, stay individual? At what point did man start to have a soul? Again, Christianity has an answer through its creation story but that does not explain much about the booming of souls after this creation.

The way I see it, there are probably a millions answers to this conundrum, each with some degree of truth (if only we know which part that is) so lets just enjoy the ride, as the destination is unclear.
KA

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join