It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An immature Supreme Being?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Is the Supreme Being immature?

What if the Supreme Being hasn't matured yet?

What's that say for us?

Doesn't it say we are but toys to the Supreme Being?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Lemme guess.....

You're this "Supreme Being"???

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
How dare you call me immature!!! HaHa if there ever was a supreme being he has abandoned us all and wont be coming back for the fools that stay on their knees actually believing some dude wants to listen to them whine about how terrible life is and to gain passage into heaven so they can whine at him in there. How can anyone believe god would want or care to listen to everyones empty whiny prayers and bargaining?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

How does an eternal being mature to begin with?

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
NuT: U2U.

I believe that If I were the creator of mankind, I would try and distance myself from my creations so that my creations may have the chance to evolve by themselves. The absence of this... ''supreme being'' is maybe the greatest gift he can give us: learning by our mistakes. We are not babies anymore. We are adolescents and we must learn more complex things by ourselves. Only that way we will evolve.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Mature or immature is a human category, you can't project it onto God.

Just saying.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by WarJohn

How does an eternal being mature to begin with?

Well, in the old testament he kills at the slightest whim, and then tells us to love our neighbors in the NT. That definitely shows signs of growing up.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Try some contextual theology for half a second. He never kills in the OT without clearly warning someone first. And besides that, what is time to an eternal being outside the spacetime dimension?

Nothing.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Just saying.

Right? Or what is God's immaturity or maturity compared to? Humans with 3 lb brains who use only 10% of it's capacity?

Humans: "God, you broke our rules dammit!! *shakes fist*

God: "lol, whatever. Take a nap, you'll be alright."

edit on 21-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Just saying.
You can, if by "god" you mean some archaic concept of god people wrote down a long time ago and then demand everyone to accept as the true revelation of god.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Humans: "God, you broke our rules dammit!! *shakes fist*

You are probably thinking of the Old Testament "god", who has a habit of making people reject the very notion of a god.
Luckily for people who have a true morality from the real God, they understand to reject that antiquated human depiction of God, along with other places even in the New Testament, like Revelation and Jude an 2 Peter, and 2 Thessalonians, which depict an OT type god, pretending to be written by real Apostles while in actuality being forgeries by evil people who think Jesus is a wimp, or something.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Try some contextual theology for half a second. He never kills in the OT without clearly warning someone first.
Nothing.

Ohhhh, it's warn, THEN mass murder. Gotcha!

And besides that, what is time to an eternal being outside the spacetime dimension?

Dunno, but I bet it feels like an eternity.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Who commands God not to kill? Who does He answer to? I thought that came with the job description of being God.

Dunno, but I bet it feels like an eternity.

Physics fail. Time is a physical property. There is no such thing as time outside the 4th dimension.

edit on 22-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Who commands God not to kill? Who does He answer to? I thought that came with the job description of being God.

You know what? He answers to US! He created us with instincts to love and care for our children. And when that instinct fails, our society picks up the ball and punishes us for harming our children, spouses, other family members, and friends (even sworn enemies and total strangers). If a god were real and can't live by the standards he set for us, then what good is he? Actually, the word evil comes to mind and I would want no part of Him. Children can disown their abusive parents, and so can we.
edit on 4/22/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

What if what you call ''God'' is in fact a kind of mathematical constant which set the laws and physics and thus we came to existence (anthropic principle)? He can't answer to us if that's the case.
I find your opinion interresting, though.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

He answers to US!

God answers to US?

The Creator answers to His creation? The Potter stands at attention and answers to the lump of clay?

Children can disown their abusive parents, and so can we.

This is true, you can do that if you choose, He gave you free will.

edit on 22-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Why shouldn't God obey the same rules he sets for us lowly hewmons?

If he doesn't, then it truly becomes "Do as I say not as a I do".

And when has that ever worked in human history? When has that ever been credible in any human society? In human society, nobody is above the law and we all are held to the same standards as anybody else. Or at least, are supposed to be.

"Do as I say not as I do" never has any credibility, and all it does is build resentment and eventually people will rebel against such an attitude. It may take an awfully long time, but eventually people will see for the sham that attitude really is and will throw God away.

And then what?

If God is a kind and loving/guiding parent, then he shouldn't be so demanding and petty upon us lowly hewmons.Any mature parents allows their children to grow up and find their own way and not constantly demands eternal servitude and worship.

But that's the thing about his followers. According them no matter what God does he can't do any wrong under any circumstances. That's a huge amount of immaturity. A real grown up owes up to their responsibilities and takes them seriously.

And that's something I simply cannot understand.

God does have a cruel side to him. And how much more cruelty can he subject us to before we realize we don't need to suffer from his cruelty any more?

Note; I misspelled humans on purpose ebcause when I think of this subject, I think of the show Deep Space Nine and a character called Quark who pronounced the word that way as a disrespectful meaning to it. Whenever I think of this kind of subject, that's how I hear it when I think of God looking down upon us lowly hewmons.

edit on 22-4-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

What if the Supreme Being hasn't matured yet?

What's that say for us?

Doesn't it say we are but toys to the Supreme Being?

What do you have to say on your behalf?
Do you see yourself as a toy?
Are you mature? If so, then by whose standard?

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Why shouldn't God obey the same rules he sets for us lowly hewmons?

Should parents obey the same rules they give their children? Example, should a parent never have wine when out to dinner if they tell their children never to drink alcohol? Example: Should a parent go to bed every night at 9 o clock on a school night?

We need rules because we sin, God has no sin.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Try some contextual theology for half a second. He never kills in the OT without clearly warning someone first. And besides that, what is time to an eternal being outside the spacetime dimension?

Nothing.

Their too lazy for that. I think your going to end up wasting your time, but you don't really get frustrated easily. Good luck

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join