It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick and Easy Raw Food Recipies (Please Share if You Can)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hey, Guys. Does anyone care to share some QUICK and EASY raw food vegan recipes?

There are a ton of recipes on the web but some of them are pretty bizarre, time consuming (prep time), or look downright scary.

Anyone have some that would be healthy and quick? I don't have much on my list so far.

1). Salads.
2). Guacamole
3). Fruit salads
4). Vegetable juices, fruit juices, and smoothies
5). Lettuce wraps
6). Veggie trays/fruit trays
7). Bowls of nuts
8). Mushrooms
9). Soy cheese/milk

And... that's about it.

Not going for a full time raw vegan lifestyle or anything. I would just like to do it at least 2 out of three meals a day.

What raw food recipes can you think of that do not have milk, dairy, and meat?
edit on 4/21/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Organic Humus is always great, get mine at Trader Joe's but is easy to make yourself, great recipes on the net.

Good thread, I am also looking for ideas on raw food meals, I stay away from dairy, breads and pasta
edit on 4/21/2012 by Aquarius1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
My wife just made Red Pepper Hummis and it is way better than regular. Also Smoothies! Some Silk soy milk, ice, spinach, fruits, and whatever else you want to put in it.

Cut open an Acorn squash and bake it right side up (you can put a dash of brown sugar or Agave for taste). Slice it up when done. Clean and cook the seeds with some paprika or other seasonings they taste great!

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thanks, Guys! Please keep it coming. lol Will try to add some that may be helpful to others that I come across. So far my list above is pretty small.

I'm trying to keep it strictly raw vegan for two meals a day. Trying to avoid any kind of cooking, dehydrating, or processing that may cause foods to lose nutrients.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I can't get enough broccoli. Don't care if it's cooked or not. Love it. Cauliflower too. Dried fruit is nice too. Can be expensive though.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Thanks, Guys! Please keep it coming. lol Will try to add some that may be helpful to others that I come across. So far my list above is pretty small.

I'm trying to keep it strictly raw vegan for two meals a day. Trying to avoid any kind of cooking, dehydrating, or processing that may cause foods to lose nutrients.

I eat raw mushrooms as a snack, and if I want to get carried away I will add a dash of teriyaki.

It is hard to find good things to eat that are good for you.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Thanks, Trep! I'm planning to make little veggie trays with carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, etc. Good stuff as long as I don't mix it with Ranch dressing. lol

That reminds me!

Anyone know any good recipes for healthy home made dressings and sauces?

I'd like to make some of my own instead of the heavily processed and chemical brands the store sells.

Anyone ever tried the Chilli's lettuce wraps? So dang good! Just leave the chicken out but keep the rest.

Not sure how to mimic their dipping sauce, though. Ginger, I think.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Many thanks!

Added mushrooms to the OP. That may be a good idea to keep editing in a running list.

Mushrooms are so good for you. Not my favorite thing but I think with some sauces it could work just for the health benefits alone.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil Dressing

Ingredients
1 sprig fresh oregano1 sprig fresh thyme1 cup olive oil1/4 cup balsamic vinegars alt and pepper to taste

Directions
In a medium glass mixing bowl combine the oregano, thyme, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix together and pour mixture into a bottle, using a funnel to keep yourself from losing oil. Cover tightly and store at room temperature.

Ashley you can add fresh garlic or any spice you like or any vinegar you like, this keeps very well, you can also refrigerate.

Buy the most aged Balsamic you can afford, it can be pricey.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Thank you! That is along the lines I was looking for. Heard wonderful things about olive oil but by itself it doesn't taste too good. Vinegar, too.

But combining them together sounds great. Then with something like lemon, pepper, etc.

Will be trying that. Trying to get my grocery list together. lol

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Ashley you can also add fruit in the form of Jam, like raspberry or marmalade to Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a dressing for salads or fruit, don't forget to add salt and pepper plus spices like thyme to it. Salt brings out the flavor the Olive Oil.

I buy a good Extra Virgin Olive Oil and use it for a lot of things, great to make Garlic Toast and always use in sauces, especially tomato based, plus always use fresh Garlic.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Middle Eastern Vegetable Salad

www.foodnetwork.com...

This is a great dish, you don't have to use Pieta Bread if you don't want to, this could be put in a lettuce wrap, I use Endive or Romaine.

posted on Apr, 21 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Sound great, I like Humus with lots of Garlic, also love Acorn Squash, so does my one year old granddaughter, my daughter makes all her food and only uses Organic products, very healtly and saves a lot of bucks. She just went on Horizon Organic Milk and will not touch formula.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

PESTO SAUCE

I will eat pesto on: cheese, mushrooms, red peppers, and olives. Your mileage may vary!

Raw pesto recipe:
Organics on everything

1/2 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup basil, stems removed
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup water

Add all to blender except the water. Pulse the blender, adding about 1 tbsp of the water after each pulse until desired consistency is reached. You can add more lemon juice and garlic to taste.

Pesto can be frozen.

What I do is make lots of pesto at once. You can freeze it in an ice cube tray (cover it). Then, when you want some pesto with your cheese or veggies, you simply take one cube's worth and use that. It thaws fast, or leave overnight in the refrigerator to be thawed by the next day.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
One of my favorites is broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, and olives mixed together, then stir in Italian dressing, let sit in the fridge overnight.... Fresh veggies with a steamed kind of texture, and unbelievable flavor!

You can add any spice you want, I usually throw in a few cloves of fresh garlic.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I like mushroom buttons, stems removed, heaped with a spoon of guacamole - already on your list but not in that combination. Jicama strips with lemon juice and a sprinkle of chili powder. Papaya, cucumber, apple, etc., all good with lemon and chili.

Not vegan but maybe can be adapted - for chips and dip I like dried banana chips to dip into yogurt.

edit on 24-4-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Rice is not on your list but you can roll up all kind of vegetables in rice and wrap it with salad leaf. Kinda looks like a sushi. The combinaisons for the filling are endless.
Vegetable soup is also a great option. But I think that you would need chicken broth... which is not vegetarian.
edit on 24-4-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone.

This info is very helpful... and it's making me HUNGRY! LOL!

Trying to avoid cooked food or anything non vegan but only for two meals a day. So If it has chicken broth or requires a bit of cooking, that can always be used on my 3rd meal.

So no worries! That is helpful, too. Thanks, Guys!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Bon Appétit.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Incredible Raw Cabbage Rolls

Ingredients :

8 cabbage leaves
1 red apple
1 stalk celery
2 carrots
Cumin, pepper, and red pepper, to taste
2 scallions
2 cloves garlic
Zest of half a lime
Juice of half a lime
1 tablespoon raw cider vinegar (maybe less)Directions:

1) Pulse all ingredients but cabbage leaves in a food processor until finely chopped.

2) Remove the thickest part of cabbage stem by cutting a 'V' shape out of the bottom of each leaf. Place about 2 tablespoon of the mixture in the center of each leaf, squeezing lightly first remove excess drips. Roll up each leaf by folding in half away from you, then pulling the mixture tight against the wall you have created (closest to your body). Tuck in sides of leaf and continue to roll tightly.

3) Place the rolls seam side down on a platter and use toothpicks to hold in place if necessary.

Serve with your favorite raw peanut sauce!

Makes: about 8 rolls, Preparation time: 10 minutes

vegweb.com...

I have made this before, it is best if you can find new cabbage in season.

Curly cabbage is also good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join