It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Bangs Steady Rumble vs Quake Swarms opposite coasts of Canada - "like dynamite exploding"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

hmm could this be related to the tremors that brought down the barn last month or so? in any case, they are back!!

USGS is reporting no quakes on vancouver island, but a swarm around new brunswick - some 39 so far

In the last 48 hours a number of people in Sooke have reported feeling powerful tremors that some believe are an earthquake. "I heard what sounded like a freight train coming, that rumble, and it was very brief. My bed actually shifted," one Sooke homeowner told CTV News. Seismologists say there are no indications of an earthquake in the Sooke area and all calling the recent reports a mystery. On Wednesday several employees downtown felt similar shaking but believed it was a result of blasting at a downtown construction site. Alison Bird with the Pacific Geo Science Centre says, "It would have to be an extremely large explosion for people in Sooke to feel the Victoria blast". The District of Sooke, the Sooke Fire Department, and the RCMP were all contacted but were unable to shed any light on the rumblings. The Department of National Defense also denied have any part in the tremors.

edit on 19-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

edit on 19-4-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Just like it says.

Frantic last minute bunker building.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Rumblings felt by people all around the World. No explaination and USGS isn't reporting any EQs.

That about sums it up I guess. So the question is what IS happening? Not... IS it happening? Because it clearly IS happening.

There will be members in this thread with comments like "It's mass hysteria" or "Just a hoax"...

Yup, the biggest Global Hoax ever! Not.

Peace
edit on 19-4-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
it's just crazy to me that so many people feel and hear it yet it doesn't show up on the graphs. i find that soooo odd. i'm not in any way knowledgeable about earthquakes but it seems like even an explosion would show up so why are peoples homes shaking yet USGS has nothing??

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

There's nothing to indicate that these quakes are any more likely to be precursors to big quakes than any other tiny earthquakes. In fact, swarms are characterized by having proportionally FEWER big events than normal sequences of earthquakes - the technical term is their b-value is greater than one (en.wikipedia.org...–Richter_law).

This story has an accurate summary - www.cbc.ca...

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
it's just crazy to me that so many people feel and hear it yet it doesn't show up on the graphs. i find that soooo odd. i'm not in any way knowledgeable about earthquakes but it seems like even an explosion would show up so why are peoples homes shaking yet USGS has nothing??

Yes i am wondering the same thing. Even when the WTC towers fell seismographs recorded it. so whats up USGS? I know we will get answers, just not the way we want the answers.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

Those WTC collapses were not small, M2+. The initial impacts of the airplanes were tiny, however, M0+.

www.earth.columbia.edu...

People's hearing is generally in a higher frequency range than seismometers record. Also, ears track sound waves, rather than ground vibrations. So one can hear sounds not easily seen in seismograms.

However, if there are tiny earthquakes under a town, seismometers in the town should record them clearly. Is there a case in which people notice the "earthquakes", and the town is locally instrumented with seismometers, yet the seismometers show nothing? I've not heard that that is the case.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnVidale

Which makes me think it is more atmosphere related. Well, not necessarily atmosphere but something above rather than below - possibly something causing atoms and molecules to vibrate more loudly.

ETA:

As you can see from the description, i am a regular Einstein when it comes to science so clearly i couldn't have misinterpreted anything!

new topics

top topics

join