It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO caught in photo by accident..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Found this while browsing a friends Facebook, the picture was taken back in 2009 and the black disc at the top of image caught my eye.. could be anything as the photo resolution is awful but I thought I would get some second opinions.

Personally I really don't know what to make of it, I used to go to school across the road from where this was taken.

England, Leeds

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I would imagine nothing definitive can be derived from this photo. There just isn't enough information there to analyse.

IRM

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
It could be a light suspended in between power poles.

A photo of the same location at a different time could help rule out terrestrial objects.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Street lamp. See the pole.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThisToiletEarth
Street lamp. See the pole.

That's what I was going to say.... there seems to be a pole that runs up to where that "object" is.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
that UFO is the underside shadow of a streetlamp glass fixture on a arm coming off of the post across the street. notice how 2 other poles coming up from the ground over the boys shoulders are recognizable untill they blend into the bland white sky.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
laaaaamp

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Sorry Guys that's not a street lamp its a telegraph pole for phone lines ,But saying that what a lot of the youth do now a days is throw items over the phone lines ie trainers it could be something like that.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by KROandSOTV
Sorry Guys that's not a street lamp its a telegraph pole for phone lines ,But saying that what a lot of the youth do now a days is throw items over the phone lines ie trainers it could be something like that.

Look at the telegraph pole and pan your eyes left. Just above the mans shoulder is the street lamp.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisToiletEarth

Right im off to specsavers

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

all I did was adjust the shadows/highlights (to see if I could bring out the white pole beneath the object. i could not because the pole is nearly the same color as the sky....

i also enlarged the object a tiny bit.....
not having the original unaltered photo does not help. need the photo that has not been touched, straight off the cam....otherwise this could be photoshopped or whatever....

here i ONLY adjusted the shadows/highlights...

based on all of that....yall can decide for yourself

edit on April 18th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have it on good authority that the lamp post is not there any more as that group of chavs nicked it.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It can't be a street light ! They haven't got electricity in Leeds yet !
They only just got carpets !

edit on 123030p://04America/Chicago18 by ProRipp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Sorry, I missed the alleged UFO photo-shopped into the pic, and was laughing at the chavs

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

Thanks for sharing the pic! Perhaps it's only due to the large numbers of folk with cell phone cams, but there seems to be a lot more u.f.o. activity these past couple of years.
I sure could go a good feed of those fish & chips, right now!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
To me I would say that has been Photoshopped.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Lol I've looked at that photo and been to that place a hundred times and never noticed the lamp post pole - my contact lenses must be toying with me

Cheers for clearing that up, and no this isn't photo-shopped - i should have noticed the lampost before posting hahahaha.

My baaad

edit on 18/4/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
i dont think thats the top of a lamp post, if you see the pole across the street you can see the height they are; nowhere near the height of the object in question. I also dont think its anything strewn from the telephone pole for the same reason, at least not from the pole that is visible.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Not the huge obvious wood pole... the pole of the street light...

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Its a lampost, go to google maps, type in leeds.

Go to street level, all the lamps are the same it would seem. Much like most areas, buy in the same lighting poles.

No ufo....just a pic taken on a potato

join