It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Speech Is Grand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I couldn't find this anywhere else...

My wife sent this to me today, not sure where she got it from, but I had to share.

The guy who owns the house was told by his home owner's association he couldn't fly a flag in his yard...

TAKE THAT!!!!

One for free speech and taking matters into his own hands.

~Namaste

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'm sure there are laws against it, but I'd love to send that guy a case of beer. That is the kind of American Rockwell would have made a painting for. It's nice to know they still exist out there.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Now see, the typical way that ends is a feud erupts, violence ensues, and we see some poor guy in cuffs on the 7 oclock news.

I like this approach better but.....

Knowing home owners associations as I do, i suspect they have some rules regarding the colors you are allowed to paint your home to "keep the flow". He's probably just going to have to paint over it.

But man, I totally love that guy.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Homeowners association?
I'm not sure if we have anything like that here in Nova Scotia..

I guess from the way you guys talk, its like there are rules with what you can do with you home. If i wanted to fly a flag (in my case a canadian one). I would do it... No random 'homeowners' are going to tell me what to do with a home i own.. ;D

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

If you move into certain communities in the U.S., they may come under Homeowner Associations. Many are gated communities, but not all. It usually benefits in making sure you don't have slums or crack houses popping up. That's the upside..but they can get downright facist about things and the flag flying is a good example. Some write tickets to homeowners for things like not moving the trash can off the curb within a given x of hours of the trash truck coming by. It gets absurd.

Just don't move to a home within an association community. They aren't so common yet that it's a major problem. Thank goodness.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by AzureSky

If you move into certain communities in the U.S., they may come under Homeowner Associations. Many are gated communities, but not all. It usually benefits in making sure you don't have slums or crack houses popping up. That's the upside..but they can get downright facist about things and the flag flying is a good example. Some write tickets to homeowners for things like not moving the trash can off the curb within a given x of hours of the trash truck coming by. It gets absurd.

Just don't move to a home within an association community. They aren't so common yet that it's a major problem. Thank goodness.

I was going to say, "Hope thats not a normal occurence" i've read some pretty weird crap coming out of the us (like people not able to grow a garden on their own property). I would be giving people like that stupid looks for days

"Your serious?" "Yes" "You do know how stupid you look right now.. right?"

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Yeah congrats to the moron who just spent money repainting his house in a neighborhood with a homeowners association. How much you wanna bet that in doing so he just violated another HA rule and will have to repaint it or be in court over it?
edit on 18-4-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

Yeah congrats to the moron who just spent money repainting his house in a neighborhood with a homeowners association. How much you wanna bet that in doing so he just violated another HA rule and will have to repaint it or be in court over it?
edit on 18-4-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

Even if he's slapped on the wrist, the statement was priceless. It is technically his property anyway and I daresay anyone would find that paint design offensive. If so, the "unamerican" argument can be used for the win.

join