It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Cult of Mithra infiltrated the Church of Rome

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

lonewolf1979 wrote: "(Mary) has also been called Ashterah, Astarte, Hera, Inanna and Ashtoreth and probably Aphrodite and Venus."

Not quite. Ashterah, Ashtoreth, Astarte, Ishtar are names derived from the PIE root, "Aster", meaning, "Star".
This deity is also known as Ester/Esther, the Jewish queen of the Persian king Ahasuerus. Her cousin (or adoptive parent), Mordecai, is an alias of Marduk. I
It is well-known among researchers that Ashtoreth/Ishtar/Esther is the consort of Baal/Yahweh.

IT is the Jews who are in control of much of the world government, financial organisations and media.
Therefore, it is only logical to theorize that if there is a conspiracy of ubiquitous hidden symbology in the world (which there evidently is) then it would be the followers of Yahweh/Jehovah that are the actual perpetrators.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nOne

No, christianity was meant to be the counter to judaism, the true judaism...messianic judaism with the Prince of Peace leading the way who forbids the arts of usury and commands servitude and humility, love and forgiveness and condemns stealing and lying. The true God Almighty of creation is Yeshua and it is his laws we are to obey.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Mithra is more than just a God or Goddess, Mithra is both God and Goddess.

Mithra is a conglomeration of the sorts, remember they worshiped Mithra as the 'sun, moon, earth fire water and winds.'

Mithra is the Sun and the Moon.
The Sun is the God and the Moon is the Goddess.

So it's bigger than just the Whore of Babylon (Semiramis), it's the entire gamut that is incorporated into this complex cult symbolism.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Mithra is the Sun and the Moon.
The Sun is the God and the Moon is the Goddess.

So it's bigger than just the Whore of Babylon (Semiramis), it's the entire gamut that is incorporated into this complex cult symbolism.

Think about this. That amalgamation of gods and goddesses, could be the Beast with the 10 horns, Daniels 4th Beast which was the Roman Empire that transformed ito the Holy Roman Empire and then the R.C.C., could the 10 horns be gods and goddesses?

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

If you haven't watched this series yet, check out the first 3 videos at least. You will love this I bet.

You will need to invest a few hours but it gets really deep and I think you will enjoy the information presented and find many new things to investigate.

The Roman Empire Rules Today pt 1

Pt 2

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Here's a little history over just how Mithraism got it's fingers into christianity and how the Rome Church fell into it courtesy of Constantine.
Mithra worship as a religion is virtually unknown other than physical archaeology of some places of worship uncovered, including a couple statues that have been preserved. Mithra was a mystery religion so nothing is written down about its beliefs.
You are just bringing up wild speculation. If anything, Mithra probably helped the acceptance of Christianity through the idea of there being a new age, and one way of bringing it was by accepting Jesus as a new god figure.
The book, the Two Babylons is very old and I don't know if those ideas presented in it still hold up to today's knowledge from modern research methods and just plain more sources of information.
edit on 16-4-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I would normally read more than the first post in a thread before replying, but this barely merits any attention (and yet the author has gotten the thread starred and it has multiple pages).

I could go through your list and rip it to shreds, but where ever you cut and paste it from included way too many claims (or should I say falsehoods?), so let's just go with the first three:

1) There is nothing in the Bible that says that baptism should only be done by immersion. As a matter of fact, the word used for immersion (baptizo) is also used (in the Bible) in reference to washing up before eating. Clearly not a full immersion.

2) I couldn't find the admonishments against praying for the dead in the Scriptures you listed. Can you cut and paste the actual words? Otherwise, I'm calling BS.

3) Your claim that making the sign of the Cross was started in 300 AD is clearly false as Tertullian references it in the year 200 and talked about it being a tradition.

Those were the VERY FIRST three things you listed. Each are false. How far down the list should I go?

BTW, The Two Babylons is an anachronistic source. Hislop's scholarship is dated, his assumptions were wrong and his work is filled with logical errors. You might want to reference Ralph Woodrow for a more complete understanding.

Do you ever bother going to Catholic sources to find out what Catholics actually believe?

Eric

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Look at it this way. The Pope has all the titles and power of Caesar

No he doesn't. Where do you come up with this BS? Would you like me to list the powers of Caesar and see how they match up to the powers of the Pope?

Now, not only is the Pope a King of Kings, he is also the highest priest of "the holy priesthood" (Order of Melchezdek) which makes him the High priest of the Order of Melchizidek. So in essence with that alone he is saying he is Yeshua with just his titles and power and stature. Thats blasphemy.

It might be if that were the case. The Pope has never claimed that he is equal or more important to Christ. Can you point to a quote that backs up your ridiculous claim?

Add this ontop of the list in the OP.

Which is an extensive and unsourced list of BS.

Eric
edit on 16-4-2012 by EricD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Indulgences are not scriptural in anyway. They are walking after their own desires and not after Christ. Theres a statue in Rome that if you touch it or kiss it or pray to it will give you 90 days of absolution to sin as much as your heart is content. Idolatry in it's finest.

Really? What statue is that? Can you dig up a source for that claim? Seems like a great magical statue. I'd like to visit it one day. That is, unless it's BS like most of your claims.

Eric

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

Indulgences are not scriptural in anyway. They are walking after their own desires and not after Christ. Theres a statue in Rome that if you touch it or kiss it or pray to it will give you 90 days of absolution to sin as much as your heart is content. Idolatry in it's finest.

Really? What statue is that? Can you dig up a source for that claim? Seems like a great magical statue. I'd like to visit it one day. That is, unless it's BS like most of your claims.

Eric

Nothing BS about it, it's documented in Church history, go look it up yourself it's in the R.C.C. own records.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

It might be if that were the case. The Pope has never claimed that he is equal or more important to Christ. Can you point to a quote that backs up your ridiculous claim?

John Paul II 1984 : "Do not go to God for remission of sins. Come to ME"

Pius X : "The Pope is the human representative of Christ on earth and he is Christ himself"

-Writers on the Canon Law say, "The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in heaven and earth."- Barclay Cap. XXVII, p. 218. Cities Petrus Bertrandus, Pius V. - Cardinal Cusa supports his statement.

There's a ton of them. Apparently you do not know your own mystery religion
. You're working for the Anti-christ.

-Father A. Pereira says: "It is quite certain that Popes have never approved or rejected this title 'Lord God the Pope,' for the passage in the gloss referred to appears in the edition of the Canon Law published in Rome in 1580 by Gregory XIII."

Hm, never accepted nor rejected. Not rejecting such a bold claim is accepting it, especially when you are well aware of such blasphemy but do nothing to refute it.

.-Pope Nicholas I declared that "the appellation of God had been confirmed by Constantine on the Pope, who, being God, cannot be judged by man." - Labb IX Dist.: 96 Can. 7, Satis evidentur, Decret Gratian Primer Para

Man that blasphemy runs deep. Like the way it tastes in your mouth?

Hence the Pope is crowned with a triple crown, as king of heaven and of earth and of the lower regions (infernorum)." -Lucius Ferraris, «Prompta Bibliotheca», 1763, Volume VI, 'Papa II', p.26)

Triple crown eh? He's Father, Son and Holy Spirit all in one? If you actually took the time to use some brainpower and look at what i showed you instead of being indignant and braindead, you might actually see the light and see who the real enemy is.

Pope claims to be God

You're one of the people who believes that lies are truths and truths are lies. Running out of time, tick tock. Wake up before the clock stops.
edit on 16-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Nothing BS about it, it's documented in Church history, go look it up yourself it's in the R.C.C. own records.

So, I'm reading that as you don't have a source and you can't back up this claim.

Good enough.

Eric
edit on 16-4-2012 by EricD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

reply to post by EricD

John Paul II 1984 : "Do not go to God for remission of sins. Come to ME"

Pius X : "The Pope is the human representative of Christ on earth and he is Christ himself"

Maybe you aren't familiar with how this works. You typing something doesn't make it a source. Please provide the sources for these claims. And please make them primary sources. I'll save you a bit of time with this tip: you can't. They don't exist.

-Writers on the Canon Law say, "The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in heaven and earth."- Barclay Cap. XXVII, p. 218. Cities Petrus Bertrandus, Pius V. - Cardinal Cusa supports his statement.

I realize that you won't have an answer for this as you are just cutting and pasting from anti-Catholic sites, but what is Barclay Cap? I'd like to go to the original source here. Strange policy, huh?

There's a ton of them. Apparently you do not know your own mystery religion
. You're working for the Anti-christ.

Oh, I know Catholicism a LOT better than you do.

-Father A. Pereira says: "It is quite certain that Popes have never approved or rejected this title 'Lord God the Pope,' for the passage in the gloss referred to appears in the edition of the Canon Law published in Rome in 1580 by Gregory XIII."

Really? Cause I checked and couldn't find it. Can you please provide it here? Again, that's rhetorical, as you can't.

Hm, never accepted nor rejected. Not rejecting such a bold claim is accepting it, especially when you are well aware of such blasphemy but do nothing to refute it.

Pretty much for the same reason that the Popes never refute the claim that they secretly have wings, the Vatican is made out of swiss cheese and that the Jesuits are actually Martians.

.-Pope Nicholas I declared that "the appellation of God had been confirmed by Constantine on the Pope, who, being God, cannot be judged by man." - Labb IX Dist.: 96 Can. 7, Satis evidentur, Decret Gratian Primer Para

Man that blasphemy runs deep. Like the way it tastes in your mouth?

I'll let you know if ever actually happens. Here's the accurate quote:
Satis evidenter ostenditur a saeculari potestate nec solvi prosus nec ligari pontificem, quem constat a pio principe Constantio Deum appellatum, cum nec posse Deum ab hominibus judicari manifestum est.

All it says is that the Pope isn't controlled by secular powers. There is no claim to being God.

Hence the Pope is crowned with a triple crown, as king of heaven and of earth and of the lower regions (infernorum)." -Lucius Ferraris, «Prompta Bibliotheca», 1763, Volume VI, 'Papa II', p.26)

Triple crown eh? He's Father, Son and Holy Spirit all in one? If you actually took the time to use some brainpower and look at what i showed you instead of being indignant and braindead, you might actually see the light and see who the real enemy is.

Is this from where Ferraris quotes the Donation of Constantine? You realize that the Donation was a forgery, right?

Eric

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Don't forget 545 AD. Justinian declared transmigration of the soul a heresy.

In 545 AD, Justinian declared it a heresy to believe in Transmigration. This is after Origen, a Christian philosopher, states that it was what the Bible was saying to us. Since that time, Christianity has thought it to be theologically unsound. I do not take this position. There are many mysteries in the Bible that God leaves for us to find. I believe that transmigration of the soul is one of them.

Reincarnation is from the pit of hell the bible plainly states Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: Reincarnation puts off the decision of salvation in this life time and says don't worry be happy you will have another chance.

That SuperiorEd always had good threads and posts. LINK

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Don't forget 545 AD. Justinian declared transmigration of the soul a heresy.

In 545 AD, Justinian declared it a heresy to believe in Transmigration. This is after Origen, a Christian philosopher, states that it was what the Bible was saying to us. Since that time, Christianity has thought it to be theologically unsound. I do not take this position. There are many mysteries in the Bible that God leaves for us to find. I believe that transmigration of the soul is one of them.

Reincarnation is from the pit of hell the bible plainly states Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: Reincarnation puts off the decision of salvation in this life time and says don't worry be happy you will have another chance.

That SuperiorEd always had good threads and posts. LINK

Half the verse seems to state this, yet the entire sentence is necessary.

Hebrews 9:27-28

27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Salvation comes when? What does a final judgment by God at the end of the 1000 years of peace imply about previous judgments? Is the person the same as the soul that inhabits it? Unless you define baptism accurately, you miss the entire point of the Bible, rebirth and being born again. If we gain union with God in love, we have found our salvation and rest. Until then, we must be born again. It's a process of refinement. The refiner's fire baptizes us into Earth (Dust), Air (Breath), Water (Baptism) and Fire (Trials). You cannot be baptized into the Holy Spirit until Christ is finished with you. The sacrifice happens in the flesh with the water cleansing the temple. It's all symbolism for what it is.

You can only understand Matthew 3 if you understand 1 Kings 17 and know who Elijah is in the NT. He prepares the way. He also controls the water. Listen to the entire chapter. AUDIO

Remember one thing. Pride causes bias and blindness. The symbols are revealed by the Holy Spirit. They have been revealed to me so I will render what I know. God is working in my life as he works in any life. I refuse theology over faith. Theology is placing God in my box. Instead, I allow him to take me out of the box.

Read the link in my signature. Water and Spirit thread.

edit on 19-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

People get the idea of reincarnation in the bible from Resurrection Day, but that is not reincarnation, it's resurrection because all that is you remains intact when you are resurrected, you do not come back as a piss ant or a bullfrog if your karma was less than spectacular.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

People get the idea of reincarnation in the bible from Resurrection Day, but that is not reincarnation, it's resurrection because all that is you remains intact when you are resurrected, you do not come back as a piss ant or a bullfrog if your karma was less than spectacular.

It's much closer to transmigration of the soul. We only have John 3 to go on here. We also have Matthew 3. Two baptisms are revealed in Matthew 3. Two are assumed by the nature of reality and the Old Testament knowledge of the law and the water during the sacrifice. We are SLOWLY brought into this knowledge. Now is the time for the knowledge to be revealed. The Holy Spirit is revealed at the end of the next 1000 years. Why do I say this? It's a pattern. The veil was torn. It will shortly be removed when Christ appears at the second coming. Look at the pattern below. Notice that the next stage is first named, then revealed fully.

Epistle of Barnabas 15:4

Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years; and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end."

-Adam to Abraham 2000 Years of Age 1 (FATHER)
-Abraham to Jesus 2000 Years of Age 2 (SON)
-Jesus to Today 2000 Years of Age 3 (HOLY SPIRIT)
-Day of Rest (Day of the Lord) 1000 years (SALVATION)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

The Holy Spirit will be revealed in Christ's second coming. He was the original comforter. He sent his spirit when he left and that is the other comforter...the restrainer.

Right here in the geneaology of names. He came teaching that his death would bring comfort and rest, he was the original comforter...the Holy Spirit is the comforter. Yeshua practically tells you in John 14 he is the Holy Spirit. Think about Acts, he said he would send another comforter, and when Pentecost came the apostles in the upper room were baptised in the Holy Spirit.
edit on 19-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

The Holy Spirit will be revealed in Christ's second coming. He was the original comforter. He sent his spirit when he left and that is the other comforter...the restrainer.

Right here in the geneaology of names. He came teaching that his death would bring comfort and rest, he was the original comforter...the Holy Spirit is the comforter. Yeshua practically tells you in John 14 he is the Holy Spirit. Think about Acts, he said he would send another comforter, and when Pentecost came the apostles in the upper room were baptised in the Holy Spirit.
edit on 19-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Have you seen this video?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

You showed it once long time ago and i saw i then, need to rewatch it though because it's been a while. This is why i say i don't see a trinity i only see one God, i do not see 3 people wrapped into one God, i only see one because the OT clearly shows us in tandem with the NT that there is only one and he is both Father, Son and Holy Spirit. That trinity stuff gets people confused. The OT and NT are 2 witnesses bearing witness to us that Yeshua is the Almighty. For instance go read Daniel 12, who is that standing on the water dressed in linen? Who came walking on water to the disciples in the boat? They knew by that event alone who he was, the Talmud didn't outlaw jews reading the scriptures of Daniel until Yeshua came, the Sanhedrin outlawed the book of Daniel being read to prevent jews from seeing that Yeshua is the Messiah and their God. Sure enough though, Yeshua is all over the OT literally and exclusively.

When the adulteress was going to be stoned, he bent down and wrote in the sand with 1 finger...twice he did this because he was showing them he was the same who wrote the 10 commandments with his finger.
. He is I AM.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join