It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW!!! Now this is the greatest facepalm of all time. (Perhaps)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
A person who's gift is healing went to a deaf school and there was many miracles where God opened their ears for healing and they heard and responded to sounds. Screaming was common when they heard sound for the first time. The healer left that hospital and got a call a few days later from the head of the school and they called him a sham and said the children weren't answering any questions they were asking them and demanded they come and tell the parents they were a sham and Jesus couldn't heal anyone.

Healer: "Well, you have to teach them to understand spoken language."

Teacher: *silence* ........ "Sorry to bother you."

Hilarious story, praise the Lord for His healing touch, glory to the Lord.

edit on 14-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Could you rewrite what you're saying? I'm having a hard time following with the story.

Btw, do you have a link to your story?

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
That was very interesting and almost healing to a point.....I love reading good writing but will never be sold,according to whom
....march on you saviors with power and strength.For the devil brings its beef with wrath:@

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Could you rewrite what you're saying? I'm having a hard time following with the story.

Exactly... I was thinking I was the only dumb person that didnt understand jack of what he said

And its a short story... imagine if it was a long one. It would be twilight zone all over again...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
We need some verification on this one.
I won't hold my breath while I wait for evidence.

edit on 14-4-2012 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
We need some verification on this one.
I won't hold my breath while I wait for evidence.

Yeah, I'd keep breathing too, smart call. People don't seek a medical opinion to tell them they can hear for the first time in their life.

They aren't as stupid as the teacher.

edit on 14-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Jesus gave hearing to people deaf from birth. After several days the teacher/head of the deaf school called the minister that layed hands on them when they received their healing and told him he was a sham, that Jesus didn't heal them because they weren't answering his questions. The minister told the guy he had to teach them to understand spoken language, not written. You don't teach deaf people phonetics.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
That was very interesting and almost healing to a point.....I love reading good writing but will never be sold,according to whom
....march on you saviors with power and strength.For the devil brings its beef with wrath:@

Don't worry about it. If you can't believe because a Man raised from the dead, a deaf person receiving their hearing wont move you to faith either.

Their families all believe now though, which is also reason for praise.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Exactly... I was thinking I was the only dumb person that didnt understand jack of what he said

And its a short story... imagine if it was a long one. It would be twilight zone all over again...

Point noted.

Next time I'll include pictures.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I don't know if it because my IQ is in the top 3%, or if it's because i home educate my kids but I got the thread straight away.

And I say Praise the Lord.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Amen!

I understand waht you were saying, I had to re-read a couple times, you might wanna re-word the OP a little

Good stuff

S&F

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AriesJedi
I don't know if it because my IQ is in the top 3%, or if it's because i home educate my kids but I got the thread straight away.

And I say Praise the Lord.

Nice to meet another.

And it's a deadly concoction of the two.

Yes, Praise Him all the Earth, praise ye the Lord.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Amen!

I understand waht you were saying, I had to re-read a couple times, you might wanna re-word the OP a little

Good stuff

S&F

Can't the window is closed.

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
So basically they were "healed" and are suddenly able to hear...but because they don't understand spoken language? So they didn't make a sound after suddenly hearing?

THAT MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOVER!!

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
A wise man points his finger at the moon and says "Look!". The foolish man next to him looks up at his finger.
edit on 18-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Jesus gave hearing to people deaf from birth. After several days the teacher/head of the deaf school called the minister that layed hands on them when they received their healing and told him he was a sham, that Jesus didn't heal them because they weren't answering his questions. The minister told the guy he had to teach them to understand spoken language, not written. You don't teach deaf people phonetics.

A deaf person hearing language for the first time would be hearing gibberish because they couldn't understand.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I actually chuckled a bit out loud... A good tree produced good fruit, with a side of persecution... Praise God. Healers are rare nowadays, partly due to the lack of faith, which obviously, the healer didn't have to worry about.

I think the previous replies were asking for a news article or evidence of the story you posted.

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
So basically they were "healed" and are suddenly able to hear...but because they don't understand spoken language? So they didn't make a sound after suddenly hearing?

THAT MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOVER!!

It makes no sense folks can't understand a spoken language without being taught the languages unique phonetics? All they knew was sign language, not spoken language. Let's illustrate this point in the reverse:

Lets say you had a terrible accident and you lost the ability to hear completely, would you immediately know sign language or would it have to be taught to you?

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

A deaf person hearing language for the first time would be hearing gibberish because they couldn't understand.

Yes, I know. lol Let's see if the inversion principle works to help this dude understand what happened here. I inverted the miracle from the story so he'd understand what happened with the deaf kids.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join