It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS advertising?? Support Israel??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Blatant propaganda - "Help stop Iran's Nuclear Ambitions" - yea if only someone had stopped the US nuclear ambitions. Raise support for finding WMD's again opps I mean Nuclear Ambitions, the push to make everyone believe that Iran is a nuclear threat.

www.ifcj.org...
This is the new advertisement popping up all over....

You even get an Israel/American Pin, whoooo!! "Sign the petition to stand for Israel" - Are you kidding me!!??!!
Request your FREE pin today - even though you already paid in taxes that go to Israel where they pay no taxes what so ever so might as well pick up your American/Israel pin because you paid for it.

Even ATS has jumped on the Israel bandwagon, what a joke, deny ignorance, sure....

All while the US is a great example of the use of nuclear power

But yet here in the US...

Nearly 30% of U.S. nuclear-power plants fail to report equipment defects that could pose substantial safety risks, a flaw in federal oversight that could make it harder for regulators to spot troublesome trends across the industry, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission's inspector general said Thursday.

online.wsj.com...

www.ifcj.org...

A report released last week by one of the nation’s leading independent nuclear engineers revealed serious unresolved safety problems with the steam generators at San Onofre’s two aging nuclear reactors and warned the problems could lead to accidents and significant radiation releases if the reactors are allowed to restart. The paper also documented that Edison misled the federal Nuclear Regulatory Commission about changes made to the reactors, failing to disclose differences between old and new steam generators that could seriously compromise the safety of the reactors.

Hours after the report was released, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission announced that the reactors would stay offline until the cause of the major damage to the steam generators was identified and corrective action taken. However, Southern California Edison has restated its commitment to turning the reactors back on as soon as possible.

sanonofresafety.org...

“The Nuclear Regulatory Commission knows these reactors need to stay offline, and Southern California families know it too,” said Damon Moglen, climate and energy project director at Friends of the Earth. “But Southern California Edison is pushing ahead. That’s unacceptable, especially after it was its deception that led to this dangerous situation. People deserve better than to have their power company racing to restart dangerous nuclear reactors after one sprang a radioactive leak and when both threaten much worse.”

edit on 13-4-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jvm222
SNIP

Yes, but if I block things or ignore them I am contributing to ignorance as ignore is the root word of ignornace

ignore dictionary.reference.com...
1611, "not to know, to be ignorant of," from Fr. ignorer, from L. ignorare "not to know, disregard," from ignarus "not knowing, unaware" (see ignorant). Sense of "pay no attention to" first recorded 1801 and not common until c.1850.

edit on 4/13/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

I suggest members remember the following:

20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I suggest members remember the following:

20b) Ad Blockers: As the Websites are provided as a free service, in part through the income of our advertising, you agree not to use "ad-blocking" software or similar built-in web browser options designed to obfuscate or block online advertising while using the Websites.

ATS Terms & Conditions

Yea, lets make the thread about ad-blockers, good diversion trick - Suggestion to mod read post before accusing of ad blockers BS original post was not about ad blockers what so ever

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Hi there. ATS uses an ad service from what I understand. They do not pick the ads themselves. It's a marketing service that does the ads and they are only displayed on ATS pages that may have a particular key word.

For instance, if you're reading a thread about food, you may get a pizza ad on top. If you are reading a political threads, you will get some stuff about the upcoming elections.

I've seen stuff that is both pro and con for different causes. It has nothing to do with an approved opinion by ATS. ATS remains neutral on topics according to our mission statement with the exception on things that violate our T&C's like illegal activity and such.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I'm confused.

I in no way associated your post with adblockers, I removed the T&C breaking content from a post you quoted and then removed the T&C violations in regards to this thread.

It had nothing to do with you or your OP, but member's responses to your OP.

I don't understand why you need to be so defensive about a clear T&C violation.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Since we're all getting things out in the open here, I'm still curious as to how you continue to post when you were banned under a previous user name?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Page Ala Cearl? The timing of the banning and your arrival? All the other similarities? Just a great, big, fat coincidence, eh?

edit on 13-4-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Funny thing about this support israel ad, it shows a picture of ahmadenijad! That would be like an ad in 1943 saying 'support the jews' yet with a picture of hitler. Lol.

This reminds me of once i had a book on my desk written by the head of the adl ab foxman and the title said 'deadliest lies' with a pic of the star of david and someone thought it was an anti semitic book! I was like nope, thats written by the head jew. Lol.

So should i support israel and amadenijad as well?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Ya I posted about this advertising at 10:25 a.m. this morning!

I am not really sure what this new advertising is about!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus

Since we're all getting things out in the open here, I'm still curious as to how you continue to post when you were banned under a previous user name?

Page Ala Cearl? The timing of the banning and your arrival? All the other similarities? Just a great, big, fat coincidence, eh?

edit on 13-4-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

Seems mighty suspicious...now doesn't it!

Hmmm...interesting catch ColAngus...wonder how this is going to pan out?

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I don't understand why we have to keep explaining the concept of Advertising Networks.

Once, twice, ten times... sure.

Every time someone sees an ad they don't like? No.

That old saying... you can talk until you're blue in the face and people won't listen.

We're blue in the face.

Closed.

top topics

join