It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shills and Trolls...Trolls and Shills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Why must anyone that has a different opinion from yours or who try's to interject some logic and reason into your theory automaticaly be called a shill or a troll? Do you not realize how pathetically childish you sound by saying this every single time. You remind of bible bangers with your "my way is the right way" BS. Your always on about keeping a open mind, but only if it suites your ideas or agenda...right? I understand your on 20 different pills that you just can't get by without, but does that mean you have to use the same mind-numbing description for someone that doesn't share your one-way view of the world... Yeah, yeah i'm a disinfo agent..flame on

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Haha cause it's always easier to accuse someone else of being a scam artist than to reevaluate your own perspective

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

Woah, what ruffled your feathers?

By the way, they learned it from the government...if anyone disagrees its easier to label and dismiss someone than it is to take criticism. It's not gonna change

And in response to you popping your top, I do think it is a police state. Incrementalism is a nasty bugger (even if it's off topic)
edit on 13-4-2012 by Monsatan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

"bible bangers" keep an open mind?

Nonsense...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Monsatan

i see it all the time man...just finally poped my top

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

never thought of it that way...well played sir

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

Well, often the person resorting to name calling isn't able to formulate a real response, ie a question for the original poster or else a well formulated post offering a difference of opinion. Because they have nothing better to say, they just say "shill!" or "troll!" which is really hilarious. It also makes pointing out a legitimate shill or troll more difficult.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameilia
reply to post by alkesh

Well, often the person resorting to name calling isn't able to formulate a real response, ie a question for the original poster or else a well formulated post offering a difference of opinion. Because they have nothing better to say, they just say "shill!" or "troll!" which is really hilarious. It also makes pointing out a legitimate shill or troll more difficult.

you're such a shill.

Why do I say this? For one, I've seen you post elsewhere very shill-like comments, and second

Well, often the person resorting to name calling isn't able to formulate a real response, ie a question for the original poster or else a well formulated post offering a difference of opinion.

This is often NOT the case. Most of the times when people say shill, it's NOT because they can't formulate a response, and it's rarely a "well formulated post offering a difference of opinion."
It might be a well formulated post...in the sense that it's a shill comment and therefore well-formulated to make people disregard the truth. It's well formulated but not true...that's usually when people call others shills.

There are a ton of shills on this website. Don't be dense(directed towards all).

Caught ya!

edit on 13-4-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
There are a ton of shills on this website. Don't be dense(directed towards all).

Caught ya!

Yikes!!! *pulls pants up*

O,o

Who is on who's side, however??

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Awesome picture! I'm stealing this!

BTW OP... You can bring a horse to water, but you cannot always get them to drink. Also for being called a shill or a troll is the person's way of crying on the boards so maybe it is a good thing... unless you're doing something wrong.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

It might be a well formulated post...in the sense that it's a shill comment and therefore well-formulated to make people disregard the truth. It's well formulated but not true...that's usually when people call others shills.

I think you might be confused on what is an opinion versus what is a fact.

From Merriam-Webster

Opinion:

a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter

belief stronger than impression and less strong than positive knowledge

Fact:

the quality of being actual : actuality

something that has actual existence

An opinion is neither true, nor untrue, but only an opinion. Therefore, a poster's well formulated opinion doesn't have to be true, neither does it have to be untrue, as it is an opinion.

Or else you totally misread what I was trying to say, or else I didn't express it clearly enough to be understood.

Regardless, you did at least try and justify your reasoning for calling me a shill, which lends credibility to your character, rather than simply going "You're a shill!" so kudos to you.

I'm also totally screenshotting your post calling me a shill.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by alkesh

I think these terms are misused quite often, but to my understanding, it seems that the whole MO of "outing" a shill or troll should be clarified a bit. Those who respond to posts with only belittling character assassination (have seen this many times), without dealing with any points that the respondee, or worse yet, if you misrepresent even one of your points, they will bring that point that you mucked up (even if it may have been the only one) over and over again while using that as an extension of the character assassination that they are attempting. This is how discrediters work. They attack only the person trying to express their thesis, instead of attacking the points that the poster may have made. I find that there really is no way to differentiate between paid shills and trolls, but it is very easy to spot when a post really "doesn't belong" on this site. Personally, I will only call out a person on being a troll or a shill (I use the terms interchangably, for obvious reasons) after they have repetitively made posts like the ones I described above. I can't really say the same for most other ATSers. though, unfortunately. The worst thing is that most people run solely on an emotional basis. Facts don't change the opinion of the herd, emotions do. When so many posts are made with the emotional aspect taking priority over the factual aspect, it is actually way too easy to discredit some users on here (I have fallen victim to my emotions and walked into that trap myself) solely by attacking their character. Meh...I realise that I am kind of repeating myself now lol so I'll just leave it at that.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I like the phrase Pace Exploration.

It's a whole new science of exploring paces!

new topics

top topics

join