It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos: Hail Piles Up Waist-High In Texas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Please delete if already shared, I searched for it.

This just adds to all the crazy weather; call me nuts but I don't consider this even close to normal...

Thunderstorms produced massive amounts of hail in northwest Texas on Wednesday afternoon. Below is a collection of photos from social media and iWitness Weather showing the amazing scenes.

The first photo below is from the Facebook page of the National Weather Service in Amarillo, Texas. Yes, that is all hail piled up very high! This was in northern Potter County.

Please visit THE LINK for much more including insane videos I couldn't post here.

Your thoughts?
Good day...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
We had a sudden hail storm pass over here in Wednesday afternoon in the UK. It came down really heavy and passed over in a few minutes. Was driving at the time and had the wipers on full. After it had gone there was a really strong seaside smell to the rain/hail - salty instead of the wet pavement smell. Was sunny and the hail was already gone when I parked a few minutes after it had finished.
edit on 12/4/2012 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
wow!
can hail go on that long??
it seems so...
lol best we get in UK is a single coat of at best "pea" sized hail
crazy times indeed....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
wtf....wtf....wtf....

I would really like to add an intelligently thought out reply to your thread, but all my mind keeps saying after looking at those pictures is wtf that is insane.

link   
I saw that on the news this morning. However, the KCBD-Lubbock meteorologist stated that this has happened before in 1993, although it is not common. He mentioned the episode previously in which over 6 feet of hail was recorded in the Dalhart area. usnews.msnbc.msn.com...

Yesterday was a freaky weather day out here in the panhandle area, but it can get so much worse.

Imagine 4 ft of hail, and then it all melts at once!

That's Texas for ya!

Thanks for posting this.

link   
reply to post by YarlanZey

Some Hail Threads from the past day:

AboveTopSecret.com...
AboveTopSecret.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'm curious as to why the fence posts in the background are not covered up?
Strange for sure!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Thats got to be at least 4 feet deep roads being cleared by snow ploughs for hail
The weather will always amaze

Cran

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Sno-Cones! That's where they get the ice for it!

But seriously though, wow. I'd hate to think of the weight of hail that deep, on say a flat roof? Could you imagine if you were parked in your car, waiting the storm out, only to watch as you slowly get buried alive with hail?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Don't let them bs you, ain't nothin' normal about it!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It's funny to me, the Archived Radar Loop From Yesterday doesn't show too long of a period of sustained storms.. You have to go to the bottom right and enter April 11 and click View Archive...
edit on 12-4-2012 by rstregooski because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
when i first saw that picture (on facebook) i thought he was standing next to rocks. i didn't "get it". then today i saw another post about so many people not believing the image. they said "we don't have rocks that big". THEN i got it and thought "holy crap!!!". the perspective finally kicked in.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Sure that isnt rocks?
Sure looks like rocks.
How high are the fence posts in the background if they aren't rocks?
Why is it melting to water in one photo with 'hail' still chest high?

Seems odd...

suppose I have to take peoples word for it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
sorry misspost
edit on 12-4-2012 by Silk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If y'all look at the archived radar loop a few posts back you'll see how isolated these storms were.. I question the quickness..

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Here is an AP article ...

Had no idea this could happen with hail ...

edit on 12-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
fl so bad for those folks

our bread basket seems to be taking a beating

I've only been through brief and weak hailstorms, that must have been scary

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Another one to add to my wtf list, I don't think they know what's going on here but they always have to conjur up some bs story to calm people's nerves.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

I did the same thing! The first picture I saw was the guy standing in the water and I couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be looking at. Then I looked at another picture and couldn't believe my eyes! Amazing!

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I live in lubbock not far from this! Insane! When I saw it on the news and heard the weather man say 3 FEET of hail, i thought he mis-spoke at first and meant to say 3 inches, then saw the late news and he said it again and there was pics... blew my mind. We get some of the strangest weather here in west tx. I have lived all over the US and you get a heavy dose of all four seasons here.... and strange haboobs, hail storms, etc... but this is crazy !

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join