It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uzbekistan's policy of secretly sterilising women

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Uzbekistan's policy of secretly sterilising women

www.bbc.co.uk

The BBC has been told by doctors that Uzbekistan is running a secret programme to sterilise women - and has talked to women sterilised without their knowledge or consent.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
This is bloody shamefull. I have no idea how they can do this?
Even the doctors are in on it, one of them said....."It's a simple formula - less women give birth, less of them die," said one surgeon.

According to a source at the Ministry of Health, the sterilisation programme is intended to control Uzbekistan's growing population, which is officially held to be about 28m people. Some demographers are sceptical, however, pointing to the large numbers of people who have emigrated since the last census in 1989, when the population stood at around 20m.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I do support China-like population control programs in poor countries with growing populations. But it should be done openly, and with sterilisation as a last resort. This is not the right way.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I don't think they should do this in secret. If the women want to have it done, then more power to them but doing it to someone without their knowledge is sick.

However they need to implement this in the Philippines where people have 5 children when they can't even afford to have 1.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
How horrible to think this might really be happening. It’s such an invasion of your body.

However, I believe some should be sterilized.

Like my stupid drug addict stepbrother and his drug addict girlfriend. They’ve had 5 drug addict kids. 3 are autistic, and ailing senior grandparents are raising 2. They committed welfare fraud and sold 1 kid for drugs. Both crimes barely got a slap on the wrist and they were given the kid back! They don't take care of the kids, they don't work and they mooch off the system. After this mess they’ve created for others to clean up, they should have all reproduction rights taken away for life. They have proven to be unfit parents in every way.

new topics

top topics

join