It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]saw flying metallic disk in nashville... WITH PICS... and now my dog is sick[HOAX]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I just love how the know it alls gather to proclaim on the truth or lie of these events......Having not been there, they seem to want to discredit every post about sightings....
Ya cont go wrong debunking sightings, thats what professional skeptics have been doing since the start.
Personally, i think they are just sour grapes....
They say pics or it didt happen so you provide what you took, and they then say photo shop......
The truth is nobody but you saw it, and thats because it was there for you to see........
I await further developements
But if you end up abducted too remember,
pics or it didnt happen.,

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yes, not exact to any of them...but still close enough to put me in the skeptical camp.

I'm not claiming it is definately altered...just going with the info available to us.

I would like for the OP to come back and post all the other pictures he had.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

believe me when I say that the people trying to debunk stuff like this aren't the one discrediting the UFO phenomenon....the one who WANT to believe so bad as to swallow every story and sightings are.

I don't even blame hoaxers for trying to fool the latter.
edit on 11-4-2012 by jesiaha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

What you are quoting is the reply from Studio500 to GreenEyedLeo, not the original quote by GEL.
You're new here so don't feel bad, I made the same mistake.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Sour grapes can make some rather fine wine.

As to what made those grapes go sour? A climate that supports and coddles charlatans, hoaxers, and outright frauds.

Do you know how MUCH $ Billy Meier makes a year?
The man owns a farm, and the members of FIGU, his little semi-religious UFO cult pay over $600 a year/10% of their annual earnings each out of hundreds of devotees worldwide, not to mention the thousands of casual beleivers, and are REQUIRED to travel to the Meier farm as free labor for a week.
Oh, but they just might, maybe, possibly see a UFO or a Pleiadian! or meet their one-armed prophet!

He's bilking people, and actually gets them to pay him to work his farm instead of having to pay farm hands to do the work.

His followers give him a steady stream of income, enough to hire fancy mouthpieces in suits like Michael Horn to fly all over the place spreading the gospel and selling DVDs for extra added additional steady income.
On top of that, he's got revenue from the working farm.
It's win, win, win, win all based on a steady stream of lies supported by a historical basis of over 50 years of lies, and people continue to flock to him.

The Ufology circuit is a circus full of bozos that are fat and comfortable in running around from convention to convention telling stories and getting paid for telling stories, possibly showing some pictures, with very little if any real work needed or necessary.

Debunkers and skeptics, we WANT to see the truth, we really do. Fraud and milking the system is pervasively rampant, and now, with google adsense, you can make a fair bit of change in posting fake videos, especially if something goes viral?
The climate for hoax and fakery is more fertile than a 16 year old trailer-park girl.

Sour? Sure, with extremely valid and good reason.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by MysterX

What you are quoting is the reply from Studio500 to GreenEyedLeo, not the original quote by GEL.
You're new here so don't feel bad, I made the same mistake.

What? Clarity please.

I think you are not new here so feel bad, you made a mistake.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BagBing

Not only... but sometimes when presented I look for other objects in view to make a comparison of wether they are in the same shot or added later...

When compared to the sphere on the tower, it becomes clear that the "disc" was added to the shot.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well I hope you debunker's are happy now you did it again. You sucked the life out of another person who truly believed in what they saw.
Is It always necessary to ridicule, humiliate, name call and then rip to shreds the OP.s of something you have doubt's about.
Ever hear of Diplomacy ? It is a skill and must be learned. Although some are born with it.

i just feel ashamed of you all.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I hope I never see a ufo. I might get the urge to post it here and face the unyielding scrutiny that is thrown at people who post their sightings.

Skeptism is healthy but manners and decorum in the ufo forum is as well.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
FINALLY some daytime pics!! good ones too !

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyVelveeta

im sorry to hear about your dog . i herd purina and nestle has bad dog treats from china 600 dogs sick and counting all haveing liver and kidney failure ... hope he gets better and stays well ... and watch what you feed your dog
ps you got the quickest phone in the west nice shot

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by BagBing

Not only... but sometimes when presented I look for other objects in view to make a comparison of wether they are in the same shot or added later...

When compared to the sphere on the tower, it becomes clear that the "disc" was added to the shot.

How is it clear that it was added?

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I would like to know what happened to the OP though. There are a ton of questions yet answered, and he dropped out like a hot brick....after saying he was excited to stay up and watch the replies.

THAT is interesting. He did bail when the heat was applied. Not saying it disproves his photos, but it is disappointing.

Hope his doggie is doing better though.....so cute.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by studio500
I hate to sound the sceptic but when I run these through an animated gif editor I see a dramatic change in the objects rotational movement which just looks kind of odd to me.

It looks like it has been thrown in the air and is spinning around but that doesn't appear to fit into your account as you obviously had time to reach for your camera, focus and shoot.

I'm not going to call either way but heres the pic.

and a slower version of same

edit on 11-4-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

thank you for this...so either its an app...or something thrown in the air...

What?

That's a real open and enquiring mind you have there...

Might as well move to the next thread then, the moderator has solved the case, there's no third option, none at all apparently.

The OP threw a tin can, frisbee or pie tin or is tricking the forum with a phone app generated image of ufo, not an honest member trying to share images of a sighting of an unusual aerial craft at all then?

I'm amazed this website is still getting sponsorship with staff attitudes like that.

Unless the sponsors have an interest in rubbishing all UFO sightings too of course.

Thanks for making the effort OP, but you were always going to be flogging a dead horse...even if you'd snapped the ET's waving at you from a porthole.

You, sir, have summed it up in a superb fashion. Well done.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez
I have a question..... Why you just didnt record it as video on the iPhone instead of taking pics? I understand if you were in a bit of a rush but it would have taken about 1-2 seconds to switch to Camera View on these phones since its right next to the shot button..... It might or might have not made a difference on here but it would have been a bit better and less people claiming photoshop on pics.

If you recorded it straight from the phone, uploaded the videos to your email (or post from the phone) and when the information on that file would be checked out by people on here, It would be harder to just throw up a claim to debunk it when they'll have raw straight information from the video....

I believe, I dont miss with videos but wouldnt it also say the video program that it was edited from?

in his defense switching from photo to video doesn't happen in the blink of an eye. it takes about 2-4 seconds to load. had he done it, in theory, he wouldn't have gotten anything

reply to post by BagBing

yup, the light is coming from completely opposite directions. I think this is hands down the best point made in this whole thread.

if anything thats one cute dog.
edit on 11-4-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

reply to post by BagBing

How is it clear that it was added?

I think he has a good point. I'm no photographic genius, but look at the reflection and shadowing on the disc. Where would the sun have to be to cause that? Now look at the other thing. Where would the sun have to be to create the shadowing on that? Looks like different spots to me. But I could be wrong. Does anyone here actually have formal training in photographic editing and such? It would be nice if people here could state their credentials when making a technical-sounding explanation regarding why they feel a photo is real or hoaxed. You know, just so we know a member isn't talking out his or her a$$.
edit on 11-4-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
i once thought that if i ever took a photo of a ufo, i would post it on ats. this thread has convinced me otherwise.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
unless falcor was flying by, then those shadows don't mix

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Wonder if anyone who believes it was an iphone app has pondered where the iphone app came up with it's images of UFOs?

In other words.... if I scanned the internet for real pictures/images of UFOs and installed them in a game or iphone application I was creating for public use........ many of you would never believe another picture of one of the UFOs because it was in an application/game you found online?

Sometimes you have to do more than deny ignorance....... sometimes you have to choose to defy ignorance.

We are so easily programmed.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bcccl
i once thought that if i ever took a photo of a ufo, i would post it on ats. this thread has convinced me otherwise.

i've seen two ufo's in my life. one pretty recent. but i have no desire to post it here for reasons like this. I did however send my story to NUFORC
edit on 11-4-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join