It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 things I hate about tax day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is all from an article I found.. Gret work, sums it all up nicely... Mods feel free to move to a more appropriate setting... The tax system is a joke folks. We all know it. Heres some food for thought for this upcoming tax day

Have you got your schedule C in order? Have you hunted down all your receipts? Have you made sure to count the depreciation on your laptop and the percentage of your cable bill attributable to your home office expense? And what about those education credits?

Also See20 Ways to Make the Most of Capital Gains 5 Ways to Avoid an IRS Audit Give Your College Kid a Tax Break
After all, it's not like you have anything else to do, right? It's lucky it's all so easy and painless. Ha!

Everybody hates Tax Day, which comes this year on April 17. And so do I. But not for the usual reasons.

This is the time of year when everyone seems to scream about just how much the federal government is costing us all. Weirdly enough, that's not one of the things that really gets me. It's the things that apparently no one else -- at least no one else in the media -- seems to notice.

Am I crazy? Am I alone? Maybe. You tell me.

Here are my top 10 Tax Day hates.

Visit source for full article

edit on 4/11/2012 by dbates because: Added ex tags and source

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

edit on 4/11/2012 by dbates because: Removed copy-pasted text

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The link

www.smartmoney.com... -hate-about-tax-day-1334094821191/#printMode

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I just spent 8 yrs working overseas. The first $91,500 (i believe it is now) of my income was tax free. Then i paid federal on anything over that. Also you have to be outside the US for at least 330 days over a 12 month period.

State tax was a different story, California doesn't care where your income is earned, you get taxed for your full income.

I've always just given all my financial documents to my accountant and let him deal with the headache.

But now that i'm unemployed (by choice) i'll go back to doing my own taxes next year.

edit on 11-4-2012 by bg_socalif because: early onset of Alzheimer's

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Taxes. Pretty darned complicated eh? Did you ever think that maybe it was meant to be that way...you know...complicated as to OBSCURE thievery.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There was a time I would have freely expressed myself regarding the tax code and how to handle the tax people and entities. That time is gone, everything you type or write on the net "Can and Will" be used against you in court.

Now shut up, bend over and support the parasites.......... I for one am planning on spending my retirement in a small Latin American Country............ I prefer the honesty of the blatant payola that makes some of those Countries go around then I do the dishonesty of this Countries system. We hide Blatant Payola behind the US tax code.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This guy needs to focus. This is not about tax day; it's an unfocused rant on the tax system that hits at several different contradictory issues, including taxpayers themselves. There's also a lot of misinformation in his rant, as subsequent posters have pointed out. My rant about taxes is that 47% of American household pay no federal income tax whatsoever yet as a percentage of my income, I pay more taxes than Mitt Romney.

But about tax DAY, about DOING taxes, sorry people's lives are so complicated. I spend maybe two hours a year at most doing my taxes. It's simple, straightforward, and not at all complex. Even when I was doing a Schedule C sole proprietership it wasn't all that difficult if you stayed organized. My advice is to get Turbo Tax or something similar, plug in the numbers and get 'r done. If you just can't seem to handle it, hire it out.

top topics

join