It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Games that disapoint

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
So I got Assassins creed revelations from gamefly the other day and I have to say I was very very disapointed in the whole game. I have played and enjoyed up to this poin every other game in the franchise but this one left me wanting. So I was wandering if you have experienced any games that have left u wanting more or didnt live up to your expectations.
edit on 4/9/2012 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Almost any new game... TRUE video gaming is a thing of the past... if there aren't 3D graphics, amazing photo quality in the grass, online game play with little kids crying and live action through motion sensors, then no one likes games anymore....

I miss the old days where games were actually fun and took skill and thought.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhysicsAdept
Almost any new game... TRUE video gaming is a thing of the past... if there aren't 3D graphics, amazing photo quality in the grass, online game play with little kids crying and live action through motion sensors, then no one likes games anymore....

Skill and thought.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
So I got Assassins creed revelations from gamefly the other day and I have to say I was very very disapointed in the whole game. I have played and enjoyed up to this poin every other game in the franchise but this one left me wanting. So I was wandering if you have experienced any games that have left u wanting more or didnt live up to your expectations.
edit on 4/9/2012 by JROCK2527 because: (no reason given)

COD - MW3

Call of Duty was a great title, then MW3 comes out, and it almost seems like they lost some of the best things in the previous title. Mind you MW3 is still a great game, but at the same time, there are certain aspects about it that make you think

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Save your money everyone. The big day approaches and the release we've been waiting for is almost here. After YEARS..and..ahem..YEARS...It's ALMOST here! I can hear the dungeons creaking and the battle axes swinging. mmm.....

Diablo III ... May 15th.
I believe someone mentioned making a point of playing among ATS members. Lets all remember and make that happen! My wife and I will be ready with our copies. No question!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Try playing some games you may have missed then. Do some searches for "best of games for xxx console" and see if there's some you might have passed by.

There are plenty of great games out there, that a lot of people have passed by.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Their are too many games to put down here. I feel your pain, haven't played any of the assassins games though.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You reference the Atari.... tsk tsk. Well IMO the SNES is the best console ever to exist. (Along with the very similar GBA console which is practically the same thing)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

reply to post by boncho

You reference the Atari.... tsk tsk. Well IMO the SNES is the best console ever to exist. (Along with the very similar GBA console which is practically the same thing)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

There is a middle ground you know

By a silly little company called CroTeam. Serious Sam ftw!

lol

Yeah I don't much go for movies with semi-player interaction either, for me they remind me of those books.. If you do this, turn to page 54. Otherwise turn to page 78. or whatever.. even the once decent games have become too scripted.

I'll stick to mindless mutant alien hoards with sam..

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
Try playing some games you may have missed then. Do some searches for "best of games for xxx console" and see if there's some you might have passed by.

There are plenty of great games out there, that a lot of people have passed by.

I do that now, a few old dos games I get into, but it's tough getting used to dosbox if you need to do things like invert the mouse.. for some reason in the olden ages back when a 1 button mouse was something you bragged about, everyone thought it was better to have down go up and up go down in almost all the cga games.

So playing Magic Carpet and always crashing into things is frustrating lol..

ahh fun game tho, another mindless one tho I think..

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
games i've been disapointed in, hmm.
every call of duty since the first modern warfare. im sick of these yearly releases of the same bloody game!
Dead Island (although it was good and interesting, it became extremely boring).
Sonic the hedgehog when it went 3d (we all know they screwed up sonic)
Oblivion (Comparing it to Morrowind, which was awesome)

some new games can be good but as money is more popular than quality, you can guess what they'll focus on making more.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Games like Xenogears, FF6, FF7, Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate 2, Panzer Dragoon Saga, and etc. are so difficult to find nowdays. There are some hidden gems in the market today. Im pretty sure I can find something for you if your really interested.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It's a great shame that the Star Wars franchise has produced very little in the way of good games. They are always a massive disappointment. With all the great characters and scenes, you would have thought there would be a great star wars game. I always thought doing a Golden Eye on the n64, style star wars game would have been great, especially when you play 4 against each other.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GambitVII

Well my favorite game of all time was the first two Golden Suns. I also love the original PC version of Baldurs Gate, and all the games in between like those two series.... These days the only games that come close to that type of feel are Dragon Age (you are right, there are SOME gems, this was an excellent game--the first one was anyway) and various very interesting Japanese turn based rpgs that... well IMO aren't really all that horrible nor all that good. The next best thing I have found on newer consoles is Eternal Sonata (but I am biased there because of my love for Chopin)... FF never really tickled my fancy as it was a bit too bland and repetitive.... Dungeon Siege III and the elder scrolls series aren't done the way I would like them either... so, any good suggestions?

I mean, honestly, I would love some direction. I am picky but I can admit it

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

This seems to be a trend with most franchises these days. They make one game that has great success and so they make another one and then another one however they tend to be afraid to try too much different for fear of messing up the game and loosing fans. What they dont consider though is how boring it is to the fans to play practically the same game over and over. After a while of games feeling the same fans start questioning weather or not to waste their money on the next installment in the franchise because they are afraid it will be the exact same game in a new wrapper with a new name. I really hope the designers realize this very soon.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I know I will probably get a lot of flak for this, but here we go....

Skyrim.

Seriously.

I thought it would be better than it was. The voice acting is horrible, the dialogue is sometimes worse. The world is a little too "dreary". The story itself isn't that great. It's Fallout New Vegas with swords, they even have the Roman legionnaires! C'mon. I think Bethesda really dropped the ball with this one. I liked Oblivion better than this. People complained about the voice acting in Oblivion, but honestly I'd rather listen to the same 8 voice actors doing a great job, than 50 voice actors doing horrible 'Ahhnold' impersonations. I think it would be funny if they had one character at some point sound like Arnold... Not every other soldier you talk to.

That's just my opinion so let the flaming begin. lol

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ideasarebulletproof

Skyrim a failed copy of Fallout3 imo
UT2004 ftw

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ideasarebulletproof

although i enjoyed skyrim i can't really disagree with anything you said.
the thing that i disliked about the game when i first played it is how much the skills and lvling had been simplified.
no armourer skill, so things never need to be repaired in skyrim, the whole make your own armour kinda sucks like runescape.
apart from that i enjoyed the game. had it for ages, still haven't done the main quest as i kinda already know it'll disapoint.

big boss is a cool avatar to have.

now that i'm reminded of mgs i have to say mgs4 was very disapointing.
mgs1 classic awesomeness
mgs2 disapointing
mgs3 a whole new awesomenes
mgs4 disapointing. stop trying to push how cool raiden is and why does johnny look like a young snake.
edit on 16/4/2012 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Dead Island

MW3

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join