It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer Cure Documentary - Dr. Burzynski Antineoplaston Therapy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

No, there is no proof he is a fraud, and there is no proof he has a miracle cure. That is precisely why he battles back and forth with the FDA. He has had some miraculous success, and he has had some failures, but he has consistently charged exorbitant fees to desperate people. Maybe he is a fraud, or maybe not, it is a "buyer beware" situation.

Everything you say here could be applied to mainstream, yet they get all the funding and all the green lights! How much does it cost for cancer treatment in America? Don't some people get lumbered with multi-million dollar bills? Also if he had nothing why would they want to steal his patents?

I'm not calling him a fraud, although he may be, but he may also be a good doctor on the defensive because of an overzealous FDA. I don't know the "truth" if there is such a thing, I only know people need to be especially cautious when they are vulnerable to predators. Desperate families are extremely impressionable, and even when they are told the likelihood of success is very, very low, they still drop 100s of 1000s of dollars on unproven treatments that usually don't work.

There are plenty of people that don't seem to think he is, there are plenty of people who's children were told would die! The mainstream did not tell them there is another POSSIBILITY! That is not fair by any stretch! If mainstream doesn't know, there is no cure! That is a lie! Just because THEY don't know doesn't mean no-one does. But nothing is 100%, there is always the chance it will not work.

To put it as an easier example. People do win the lottery from time to time. Some people buy 1 ticket, some people buy 100s of tickets. I could open up a business, and I could help people win the lottery. Of course, I would warn everyone that not everybody wins, but as long as a couple of people win, I can show their testimonial to how good my lottery system is. I can tell people the more they spend with me, the better their chances of winning, and I would be telling the truth. In fact, if someone puts up $40k up front, and spends $3k to $6k per month after that, I can be very confident that some of those people are going to have success at playing the lottery, and several might hit it big! Am I a fraudster? I'm not lying, I'm telling the risks and rewards up front, and some percentage of people will get exactly what I promise, some will get lesser amounts, and some will just be throwing away their money, but they knew that in advance.

He's had more than a 'couple' of "winners" though hasn't he? Unless you think these people are lying? I don't know, maybe they are? Maybe they are lying to the courts too? Maybe the mainstream docs are lying that the cancers that were there are gone? Maybe the kids did actually die and the people in court are not their children? At the end of the day it is up to people what they spend their money on. I certainly wouldn't have the money to pay for Dr Burzynski's treatment. But they is why we should fight so that his treatment's can be tested and verified... Look at when they did do tests, they didn't follow his advice! They didn't follow the guidelines! What kind of test is that? He has letters where he is told they don't have to listen to him or follow his guidelines! That is ridiculous!

There are a large number of predators out there that prey on desperate people. No one is more desperate than when they are fighting for their life, or the life of a loved one. Even a 1% chance of staying alive is a great source of hope, and people will throw all their money into chasing that 1%. That money could be better spent on a bucket list, or on traditional treatments, or on estate planning, or whatever.

Agreed, but it is up to people how they spend their money. Informed choices are always good though. Personally I would explore every option, why not?

My main question is if a 'treatment' that is proven to kill you can get funding, how on earth can they refuse Dr Burzynski? If they think he is a fraud, then why not test him fairly and prove it! Haven't they had long enough to do that? Is 30 years not long enough? Because of these things and the proof Dr Burzynski put forward I am inclined to believe him. However if someone has PROOF to the contrary I will evaluate that proof and alter my opinion accordingly.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

My main question is if a 'treatment' that is proven to kill you can get funding, how on earth can they refuse Dr Burzynski? If they think he is a fraud, then why not test him fairly and prove it! Haven't they had long enough to do that? Is 30 years not long enough? Because of these things and the proof Dr Burzynski put forward I am inclined to believe him. However if someone has PROOF to the contrary I will evaluate that proof and alter my opinion accordingly.

I agree with you on this part 100%. He should at least be able to do his research, do his trials, and develop his treatment.

The problem is all the frauds out there taint the pool. I believe the FDA started with good intentions, they can't just let someone make miraculous claims without substantial research and proof. But, when he started trying to comply with them, the big egotistical government machine steam-rolled him, and they got a vendetta out for him, and our system is set up so a little guy has almost no chance.

I don't think our government should be stifling the little guys, but it does have a responsibility to protect the naive. If you buy a 200 mg aspirin, you want to know it really is aspirin and it really is 200 mg. We have to have some quality controls and regulatory measures, but it shouldn't be so stifling to new research.

I was a huge Burzynski fan, and I was very excited to get involved with him, and I had a big let down, so perhaps I am somewhat jaded. I also work in government regulation of the medical profession, and I see all the fraudsters, abusers, and just plain bad doctors, so I am jaded by that. But, my jadedness is from personal experience and evidence and real stories.

I'm not saying people shouldn't explore other options, my friend is trying everything that has ever been tried! Some of it is a fraud, but he is trying it anyway. He is taking some weird purple goo from Russia, and some injection from Israel, and he has been to Mexico for a month to get a controversial "cancer vaccine" and he has met with the Burzynski people, and he is getting Vitamin C IV's, and B12 shots, and D shots, Ozone Therapy, and he is on a glucose free / high fat diet, and he is taking the Chemo, and he has gone through 3 rounds of Radiation, and he has endured Staph Infections of his bloodstream, and had his bladder fried, and his bone marrow destroyed, and he will never have children now, and he has lost 100lbs, gained it back, and lost it again. Believe me, there is nothing a cancer patient with a good network of support and resources won't try. Currently he is doing all of those things, and he has added in hormone therapy and the Budwig Protocol (but Budwig means he has to cut out the Vitamin C).

So far, some things make him feel better, some things actually help him be better, but most things are just temporary spikes and then back to the grind.

In all honesty, nothing has worked nearly as good as the traditional chemo and radiation. There is a reason those are the accepted and recommended treatments. They work consistently.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree with you on this part 100%. He should at least be able to do his research, do his trials, and develop his treatment.

Yay, well 1 out of everything isn't bad eh?

The problem is all the frauds out there taint the pool. I believe the FDA started with good intentions, they can't just let someone make miraculous claims without substantial research and proof. But, when he started trying to comply with them, the big egotistical government machine steam-rolled him, and they got a vendetta out for him, and our system is set up so a little guy has almost no chance.

Yes I agree that there are frauds, or maybe people that are just mis-informed? Perhaps some of them genuinely believe they have the 'cure'? Perhaps even they do work for some people?

FDA and good intentions, hmmmm. I'm sure you are aware of the figures regarding death rate and FDA approved drugs? It's shocking!

I was a huge Burzynski fan, and I was very excited to get involved with him, and I had a big let down, so perhaps I am somewhat jaded. I also work in government regulation of the medical profession, and I see all the fraudsters, abusers, and just plain bad doctors, so I am jaded by that. But, my jadedness is from personal experience and evidence and real stories.

Yeah it's a shame that you were let down by the Burzynski team. But at least they didn't lie to you, even if they were rude. I've had doctors give me drugs and they don't even know what is in it! I've had one tell me that they don't get drugs from pharmaceutical companies anymore!

I'm not saying people shouldn't explore other options, my friend is trying everything that has ever been tried! Some of it is a fraud, but he is trying it anyway. He is taking some weird purple goo from Russia, and some injection from Israel, and he has been to Mexico for a month to get a controversial "cancer vaccine" and he has met with the Burzynski people, and he is getting Vitamin C IV's, and B12 shots, and D shots, Ozone Therapy, and he is on a glucose free / high fat diet, and he is taking the Chemo, and he has gone through 3 rounds of Radiation, and he has endured Staph Infections of his bloodstream, and had his bladder fried, and his bone marrow destroyed, and he will never have children now, and he has lost 100lbs, gained it back, and lost it again. Believe me, there is nothing a cancer patient with a good network of support and resources won't try. Currently he is doing all of those things, and he has added in hormone therapy and the Budwig Protocol (but Budwig means he has to cut out the Vitamin C).

Do you think that he's trying too much at once? How do you know the chemo or radiotherapy isn't hindering his bodies recovery? Don't they weaken the immune system massively? How do you know that one technique isn't hindering another?

I just returned from seeing a nurse (a check up for my son) anyway we got into loads of subjects. She mentioned a tea that the american indians used? Sorry I couldn't find a name, but she seemed to think they've had great results. I'm going to do some digging anyway, I'll let you know if I find out what it is. Perhaps you know of it? and again there is the garson therapy. But I would think try one at a time no? I know time is of the essence but perhaps he's trying too much? Just trying to help in my own little way.

In all honesty, nothing has worked nearly as good as the traditional chemo and radiation. There is a reason those are the accepted and recommended treatments. They work consistently.

Excellent so he's cancer free then? I don't mean to sound cocky but if it worked why try other things? That doesn't make much sense to me. Many people have been helped by the technique but then many have died from it too. Also the cancers do seem to return, and when they do it is with a vengeance! I would like to see the stats about chemo and radiotherapy.

I really hope your friend can find the right help. I saw someone in a thread once talking about visualized healing, or something like that. It consisted of meditating and imagining the cancer being eaten, pac-man style. I don't think it can hurt. I do think positivity really plays a major role in these things but I can imagine it's real hard to stay positive when your faced with what he is.

What do you think about the so called placebo effect? It is documented in science to have an effect and I've seen experiments concerning it. It fascinates me because what it is saying really is that our bodies are capable of healing all sorts of things.

Edit: It's nice to have an intelligent, respectful debate/conversation.
edit on 10-4-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
Okay so I've done the usual searches and what have you and can't find this posted here, though I would be amazed if it hadn't!

Just typing in Dr. Burzynski's name in the ATS search and I got 865 results

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

Doh! You know what I did? When I was inputting his name I took the drop down box as being the results!
I thought it was strange! Oh well at least I know now, nice one.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

No, he is far from cancer free, it is probably going to kill him, possibly as soon as this summer. He has been battling it for 4 years, and he only had a 20% 5-year survival rate expectation when he began. If he makes it another year he will be in the top 20% of people with this type of cancer.

There are some treatments that interfere with others. For instance you cannot take the Vitamin C IV while you are also doing the Budwig Diet Protocol. You cannot do Radiation in some areas of the body, and while you are on radiation you cannot do certain other things. In general though, the majority of the Holistic Treatments help one to stay stronger and endure the Chemo and the Radiation better. The Oncology doctors will say they never lose a fat patient. If one can keep their appetite up, stay strong, and endure the treatment they will have success, but once they stop eating and start losing weight it gets pretty perilous.

The Hormone and Steroid therapies are very controversial. Some docs say they help one stay strong, help keep the blood count up, and help keep the weight on, while other docs say they make the cancer grow faster.

For my buddy, he has tried everything. Alone, in various combinations, etc. He was in complete remission twice, following successful radiation therapies. The radiation completely destroyed the tumors, but eventually one came back on a kidney and they couldn't do radiation, but the chemo worked pretty well. But, each time you do the chemo it becomes more damaging to your healthy systems and less effective against the cancer.

We almost lost him in October when the chemo became completely ineffective, he had a few weeks to live, the tumors exploded through his abdomen, esophagus, liver, kidney, etc.. It started getting bad in August, the chemo lost its effectiveness, he went to Mexico for the Vaccine and Ozone therapy, and he got better for a few weeks, and then got way worse. He got the Russian and Israeli medicine, and they didn't help. He was getting blood transfusions, vitamins, and lots of medications to help him eat, but he lost all his weight and he was about to die. His mother talked a doctor in California into putting him on a very harsh round of Chemo like they did originally 4 years ago. The doctor thought it would probably kill him because of his weakened condition, but since he was about to die anyway, they tried it, and the tumors shrunk almost immediately. He lived, and he has been in somewhat of a recovery since then. The tumors won't go away, but they are shrinking.

All of the people we have dealt with have been somewhat of scammers, even the good ones. The Budwig people didn't get the stuff he ordered to him as promised. They sent some, but not all, but they took his money anyway, and it took months to get the full order, but he finally did. The Rosenberg people didn't want to see him in Florida, but then they finally saw him in California, and he is just now about to start that treatment and they will continue it back here in Florida once he starts it. All of them are difficult to deal with, and that includes the regular docs and pharmacies as well.

Our entire Healthcare system is pretty screwed up. His whole problem started because his cancer metastized, because of a 7 week delay in diagnosis. It was 2 weeks to see his doc, then 2 more weeks to see a urologist, and then 2 more weeks to see an oncologist, and then a week to wait for test results, and by then a 1 cm tumor was an 8 cm metastized tumor, and even then it was a couple of more weeks to get treatment started. He would have had a very easy treatment and recovery if they had treated it 7 weeks sooner, but now it will eventually kill him.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
Okay so I've done the usual searches and what have you and can't find this posted here, though I would be amazed if it hadn't! Any way it will be great for people that haven't seen it yet.

The documentary follows Dr Burzynski's work on cancer treatment. He's been at it since the late 70's and has been harassed and vilified by the FDA for years! They have brought multiple court cases against him during this time with no evidence, all of which DR Burzynski has won! It's an unbelievable documentary and it's something I think everyone should get a chance to see.

So without further a do, here it is, enjoy! [yvid...]

IDK if you saw this thread by orbitbaby and I pray her health is improving via the advice we shared here. i don't remember seeing the Dr Burzynski video in that thread but it might have been. Anyway, the thread was 10 pages deep with lots of great alternative references for anyone fighting any cancer condition. It was:

So I've just been diagnosed with breast cancer....,(ATS thread 10 pages long)

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

The FDA gets its funding from pharmaceutical companies. And until that changes, we won't see anything hit the market that can actualy help people and not just a quick fix with side effect that make you think about killing yourself.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Cancer is a very fatal diseases. Many people die from cancer every year. There are many type of biological samples like cancer tissues and blood samples available to avoid early attack of cancer. People can get more life with the help of these tissues. These samples can be bought with the help of any lab every where.
edit on 5-9-2012 by josh123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join