It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three days of darkness claimed in 2012 sounds like the 36 hour day of 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The claim for October of 2008 was that the Earth would combine 3 days into 2. The 72 hours of 3 days would be made into a 36 hour night. The claim was that this happens every 2400 years.

blog.saimatkong.com...
journeytothestars.wordpress.com...
yayme97.blogspot.com...

Here is the same hoax for 2010.
www.punespider.com...

It seems that these sorts of claims are common. The 2008 was "traced" back to India. The 2010 story is a repeat of the 2008 story. Now we are in 2012.

The 2008 story took the internet by storm with tens of thousands of posts repeating the claim.

What is interesting about 2008 vs the 2012 story is that it was recognized in 2008 that half of the world would have sunlight. The same is not the case in 2012 where people expect worldwide darkness for several days.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It looks to me like you have just thrown the Photon Belt, 3 days and 3 nights of total darkness into the trashcan.

There were some ATS posts here recently saying that NASA might be taking this event seriously.

Remember, shout wolf once and no one takes any notice when the shepard shouts wolf again.

The agencies shouted wolf about this photon belt thing 4 years ago. As expected, many people now classify this event as a hoax / lie.

If everyone thinks its a lie, they will not stock up on food. Then their only hope of survival is to be moved into a 'friendly' FEMA camp where they will be fed.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

There is no such thing as the photon belt. No real scientists suggest that such a thing exists.

The photon belt appears to have been a part of the torsion field hoax.

The connection to NASA is made through a number of misrepresentations that suggest a NASA research area is actually looking or studying this hoax.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Localized dark days have happened. Here are 2 such days:

en.wikipedia.org...

New England's Dark Day refers to an event that occurred on May 19, 1780, when an unusual darkening of the day sky was observed over the New England states and parts of Canada.

Here is another and more recent event:
www.donora.fire-dept.net...

The children's Halloween parade went on as scheduled. So did the high school football game on Saturday, though by then the smog was so thick that fans in the grandstands couldn't see the players on the field.

Go the bottom of the page and look for the photo of noon during that smoggy day to see the streetlights on during what appears to be the middle of the night.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Beginning on December 21 2012 the Earth will begin to cross the Galactic plane. At the center of every galaxy there is a super massive black hole. These black holes spin so fast, that they become pancake shaped. This horizon is what we will cross. My guess is that it will take 3 days to complete. Since even light cannot escape a black hole, the Earth may experience total darkness. The Mayans refered to it as the Dark Rift.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Rapha

There is no such thing as the photon belt. No real scientists suggest that such a thing exists.

The photon belt appears to have been a part of the torsion field hoax.

The connection to NASA is made through a number of misrepresentations that suggest a NASA research area is actually looking or studying this hoax.

Are people erroneously referring to the Local Interstellar Cloud or "Local Fluff" as "The Photon Belt"?
science.nasa.gov...
Because we are passing through

A strong, highly-tilted interstellar magnetic field
www.nature.com...

ETA:
How would our passing through this local Interstellar Cloud have anything to do with the supposed "Three Days Of Darkness"? Perhaps a global power outage of some sort? Or are you approaching the "Three Days Of Darkness" thing from a different angle, like the sun's light not reaching the Earth for three days, or perhaps a global ash cloud from Yellowstone or something along those lines?
edit on 4/9/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos, Edit To Add, "reply to" line

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

This is false on all counts. The Galactic Plane is the area of the galaxy that has the most mass. The solar system moves in an oscillating motion. It takes 30-40 million years for the solar system to move away from the Galactic Plane and then return. The last time we passed through the Galactic Plane was 3 million years ago. This means it will be another 27-37 million years before we pass through it again.

The Maya also did not refer to the black hole at the center of the galaxy or the Galactic Plane as the Dark Rift. The Dark Rift is an area of the sky where the stars are blocked out due to dust clouds.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I am suggesting that the 3 days of darkness is nothing more than an ongoing hoax that can be traced back to at least 2008. I also point out that days of darkness have been locally experienced and have been at times ascribed to religious causes. See my link about the 1780 darkness.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

If everyone thinks its a lie, they will not stock up on food. Then their only hope of survival is to be moved into a 'friendly' FEMA camp where they will be fed.

Any clarification on how three days of darkness would cause famine?

I would assume most people in developed countries would have atleast three days worth of food in the cupboard...even then, why would supermarkets, restaurants, food outlets alike just close?

Yep...the FEMA camps again

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Another example of local darkness. This time it is due to a volcanic eruption.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

So far we have seen causes of darkness, always local events, to be:
1. forest fires
2. smog
3. volcanic eruptions

Claims of global darkness have all been hoaxes.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
OP I disagree with your points. One cannot lay claim to understand the stars. Or even tomorrow, Nobody knows the future.
throw your alerts all you want, you dont know what the future holds any more than Harold Camping or Nancy Lieder. I think the OP is Malarkey

BTW a hoax isnt a hoax until it doesnt happen, or proved otherwise. Deny Ignorance

edit on 10-4-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The hoax was a hoax in 2008 and a hoax in 2010. There were the same hoax videos and hoax postings then as now.

This is just more shifting of the goal posts in response to failure after failure.

A hoax is a hoax is a hoax.
The claims of 2012 are hoaxes including:
1. new planet
2. increased quakes
3. increased eruptions
4. existence of a Mayan prophecy
5. claims of 2012 mentions by other cultures
6. Calleman's malarkey
7. second Sun

Will there be 3 days of darkness? No. I don't have to wait and see since it is predictable that the days and nights will continue as always. Wait and see is used by those that do not want to learn how real science works and how scientific predictions are made.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

As was already stated, this is categorically false. And to believe that an event would only last 3 days when you think of how massive the galaxy is ... 3 days of movement on the galactic level is nothing.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

sigh , what utter twaddle - you have no idea of what a black hole is , or for that matter the concept of the galactic plane

the simplest rebbuttal of your fantasy is this :

we can see the light from celestial bodies beyond the glalactic plane , ergo crossing the plane will not plung us into darkness

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well, everybody seems to agree we a going through a dense space dust/dark rift or whatever it is called.

Have anybody mentioned how thick it is? For a situation where the 'dust' is thick enough to block or maybe lessen the amount of sun light/rays to earth, this will result to the drop of a few degree on earth. With this few drop of degree. the weather might changed..to worse. As we can see until today (as i type this) most part of the world suffers typhoon, flood etc...imagine the rest....

And..what is actually in the dark rift? a cloud of gas (will sun react to the gas, if there's any)? dust (how small a space dust is?? what is making up the dust ?)

Lets hope the dark rift is made of some friendly elements in the periodic table...as we are bring our BIG RED TORCH through it...

Just my 2 cents..
edit on 15-12-2012 by TheLeap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
sounnds preddy cool
i cnt fn wait man
wo!

top topics

join